Creed (Film Series) | Creed III | 3/3/23

It has to be something else with the direction of the sequel.Like a twist. Maybe Creed goes out to Russia for comp etc.

Yeah Coogler is gonna be all locked into BP so Creed sequel probably aint gonna come out till like 2019

It would be crazy if Drogo kills adonis in the sequel. Dude would be the creed killer.

Dolph still looks like he can go. stallone probably sharing his hgh with him on the expendables movies.

Damn, saw this thread bumped and thought there may have been sequel news. So ready to see a sequel to this.

Still bumpin' this song on my workout playlist.

Damn, saw this thread bumped and thought there may have been sequel news. So ready to see a sequel to this.

Creed 2 isnt gonna start shooting for a good while. Since Ryan Coogler is doing Black Panther at the moment.

Creed 2 isnt gonna start shooting for a good while. Since Ryan Coogler is doing Black Panther at the moment.

That's true. Creed will be in it too. But I just wanted at least an official announcement or something still would've been nice.

Movie is already a year old
eek.gif

I've watched it a couple more times since seeing it in the theater. Definitely has replay value.

Movie is already a year old :wow:

I've watched it a couple more times since seeing it in the theater. Definitely has replay value.

Yup. One of the last movies that have that classic factor where if its on tv you will watch it.

Side note, was it this thread cats tried to say southpaw was better than creed? Lmfao

I probably watched Creed 4-5 times in the first few months in came out. I just loved this movie instantly and it's got great replay value to me.

I'm still not sure if the shooter in southpaw ever got caught or taken care of.

I probably watched Creed 4-5 times in the first few months in came out. I just loved this movie instantly and it's got great replay value to me.

It was a rare case where a sequels and a reboot was exactly what everyone wanted without even realizing it.

I think with the way Hollywood is focused on crossover appeal and international markets, we don't tend see just AMERICAN films being made and marketed the way this is. This is a American movie, telling a story while familiar to all, it's the setting, the background, all the fine details is what make this movie great.

If anyone foreign around the world wanted to see what life in America is like, what it means to be black, or poor or just hungry for the American dream, this movie is it.

Hollywood needs more like this and I can't wait to see the next one. Maybe then they'll get their head out they *** and give Rocky the oscar he was due on this one :rolleyes same with Coogler getting a Directing nod

Last edited:
I watched this again recently and still think it holds up well.

The date scene between Donnie/Bianca is one scene I really liked. When he asks her about her hearing aid and she tells him she has progressive hearing loss, he looks down sorta ashamed, which ties into the first time they met (e.g. him knocking/kicking on her door to tell her to put her music down, not knowing she probably couldn't hear).

This is the only time he actively loses eye contact with her during the entire date. Just a short 3-second bit of acting from MBJ that speaks volumes, imo.

Last edited:
^^I still cringe when I hear her say "jawn", Coogler should have cut that part out

I'm not even from Philly but that part did stick out like a sore thumb and you could just tell that was forced in there to show "authenticity" :x

Back
Top Bottom