CP3 trying to follow Lebron's lead.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

This is so lame.
It really is. This whining and complaining about being on a good team is so dumb, don't sign the long contract if you aren't prepared to stick it out 

This is so lame.
It really is. This whining and complaining about being on a good team is so dumb, don't sign the long contract if you aren't prepared to stick it out 

Originally Posted by dapimpjuice4ya

Man if this dude wants to leave let him go. I'm really disgusted by all of this. It's been nothing but an offseason of rumors here and there about him wanting out. If he really wanted to stay all he had to do was quell all of those rumors by saying he was committed to the team HIMSELF. Eff CP, I was a Hornets fan before him and I will be one after. I'm extremely mad at the fact that he's trying to dictate where he can go. I say we wash our hands with him and make the best trade for the TEAM; damn where he wants to go. I'm tired of these NBA stars all chasing instant gratification instead of being committed and building contenders the old-school way. I'm a fan of competitive basketball and the NBA is becoming less and less of that.
i go to hornets games too (mostly when they play the lakers)....but lets be real da city dont care about the damn hornets and the hornets management aint tryin to build no contender. Paul will never get anywhere with that team cuz they have been getting worse n worse every sincce that breakout year a few years ago....Peja is washed up, West back is gone, Okafor is a weak....u left with DC n Marcus....they wont be in contention for nothing. If they where tryin to build I would hope he stays, If the fans were really passionate about the Hornets than he should stay as well...but I dont think either are the case in this situation. 

Man if this dude wants to leave let him go. I'm really disgusted by all of this. It's been nothing but an offseason of rumors here and there about him wanting out. If he really wanted to stay all he had to do was quell all of those rumors by saying he was committed to the team HIMSELF. Eff CP, I was a Hornets fan before him and I will be one after. I'm extremely mad at the fact that he's trying to dictate where he can go. I say we wash our hands with him and make the best trade for the TEAM; damn where he wants to go. I'm tired of these NBA stars all chasing instant gratification instead of being committed and building contenders the old-school way. I'm a fan of competitive basketball and the NBA is becoming less and less of that.
i go to hornets games too (mostly when they play the lakers)....but lets be real da city dont care about the damn hornets and the hornets management aint tryin to build no contender. Paul will never get anywhere with that team cuz they have been getting worse n worse every sincce that breakout year a few years ago....Peja is washed up, West back is gone, Okafor is a weak....u left with DC n Marcus....they wont be in contention for nothing. If they where tryin to build I would hope he stays, If the fans were really passionate about the Hornets than he should stay as well...but I dont think either are the case in this situation. 

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

This is so lame.

QFMFT!!! 

This is so lame.

QFMFT!!! 

lemming.jpg

I've been a basketball fan since I was out the womb (literally), but this summer has turned me off almost entirely.

lemming.jpg

I've been a basketball fan since I was out the womb (literally), but this summer has turned me off almost entirely.

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

I'm with you to a certain extent. The diehard fans are few and far in between when it comes to the Hornets in this city. The organization has made some really bad roster moves in the past and they were paying the price for those moves. However, CP's claims about the team not making moves is just not true and really is an unfair accusation. It's hard to make moves when you are bogged down by two really bad and expensive contracts (Mo-Pete who we finally got rid of and Peja) and you are working with a small-market budget and cheap ownership in Shinn. I just wish CP would at least stick it out through this next offseason. That way Mo-Pete and Peja are finally off of the books (Peja's contract is finally up after this upcoming season), the ownership transfer has happened (I think Chouest will be willing to spend way more money than Shinn ever was),  and the team finally has wiggle-room to get some of the help that CP has been crying to get. If they don't get the job done with all of those things working in the organization's favor, then CP has every right to jet but don't abandon us when we are working hard to right the ship. The Hornets have never been afraid to make moves it's just that the combination of Byron Scott and Jeff Bower had the organization making all of the wrong ones. New coach, new GM, maybe new ownership who is committed to building a contender, bright rookie and second year prospects (Pondexter, Brackins, Collison, and Thortnon) and yet you still cry about us not making moves??? He is coming off like a crybaby. If he stays and DWest finally stops playing soft and we add a few more pieces than the Hornets can be a contender. These new superstars are just not patient enough to give the process a chance.

CP is acting like he has actually been here 7 years like LeBron.....

This is so lame.

i agree with this, but at the same time, i didn't think CP3 at the time would have thought the Hornets would have made so many bad moves..

They were one game away from the western conf finals in 2008.. Lakers V Hornets in 2008. would have loved to seen that match up

1) firing Byron Scott 
smh.gif

2) they didn't resign bonzi wells
smh.gif

3) traded Chandler
smh.gif

4) didn't resign pargo
smh.gif

5) change there uniform colorway 

I like this colorway

moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-3.png
moz-screenshot-4.png
chris%20paul.jpg

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

I'm with you to a certain extent. The diehard fans are few and far in between when it comes to the Hornets in this city. The organization has made some really bad roster moves in the past and they were paying the price for those moves. However, CP's claims about the team not making moves is just not true and really is an unfair accusation. It's hard to make moves when you are bogged down by two really bad and expensive contracts (Mo-Pete who we finally got rid of and Peja) and you are working with a small-market budget and cheap ownership in Shinn. I just wish CP would at least stick it out through this next offseason. That way Mo-Pete and Peja are finally off of the books (Peja's contract is finally up after this upcoming season), the ownership transfer has happened (I think Chouest will be willing to spend way more money than Shinn ever was),  and the team finally has wiggle-room to get some of the help that CP has been crying to get. If they don't get the job done with all of those things working in the organization's favor, then CP has every right to jet but don't abandon us when we are working hard to right the ship. The Hornets have never been afraid to make moves it's just that the combination of Byron Scott and Jeff Bower had the organization making all of the wrong ones. New coach, new GM, maybe new ownership who is committed to building a contender, bright rookie and second year prospects (Pondexter, Brackins, Collison, and Thortnon) and yet you still cry about us not making moves??? He is coming off like a crybaby. If he stays and DWest finally stops playing soft and we add a few more pieces than the Hornets can be a contender. These new superstars are just not patient enough to give the process a chance.

CP is acting like he has actually been here 7 years like LeBron.....

This is so lame.

i agree with this, but at the same time, i didn't think CP3 at the time would have thought the Hornets would have made so many bad moves..

They were one game away from the western conf finals in 2008.. Lakers V Hornets in 2008. would have loved to seen that match up

1) firing Byron Scott 
smh.gif

2) they didn't resign bonzi wells
smh.gif

3) traded Chandler
smh.gif

4) didn't resign pargo
smh.gif

5) change there uniform colorway 

I like this colorway

moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-3.png
moz-screenshot-4.png
chris%20paul.jpg

Bill Simmons' idea....trade didn't work in the machine, but BS also said to throw in a 2011 1st round pick +3mil

5zi23p.png

NO would be insane not to do this....

Bill Simmons' idea....trade didn't work in the machine, but BS also said to throw in a 2011 1st round pick +3mil

5zi23p.png

i was a die hard fan until shinn moved the hornets to new orleans
smh.gif
....he's hands down the worst owner in the league....i kept being a partial fan when they drafted cp3 (same hometown/school)....but when he leaves im officially done
if that bos/no trade went down the cp3/rondo rivalry would be on another level 
laugh.gif

i was a die hard fan until shinn moved the hornets to new orleans
smh.gif
....he's hands down the worst owner in the league....i kept being a partial fan when they drafted cp3 (same hometown/school)....but when he leaves im officially done
if that bos/no trade went down the cp3/rondo rivalry would be on another level 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

5zi23p.png

smh.gif
Taking a Boston homer seriously.

5zi23p.png

smh.gif
Taking a Boston homer seriously.

5zi23p.png

I would think NO would trade Paul + Okafor/Posey in order to shed salary.  Rondo makes too much on a long term deal.  They would probably be looking for young, cheap talent.

5zi23p.png

I would think NO would trade Paul + Okafor/Posey in order to shed salary.  Rondo makes too much on a long term deal.  They would probably be looking for young, cheap talent.

If they could swing that deal from the Celtics, I would take it. Except Paul would have no chance of winning past 2012, but then again he could just leave as a free agent.

Am I the only one who wants to see how he plays this season off the meniscus injury? I don't think he's going to be as quick this year with the bone rubbing on bone. I'm hesistant to trade for a 6 ft point guard coming off a serious knee injury. I know Jason Kidd came back off microfracture and was fine, but he was at the twilightof his career.

If they could swing that deal from the Celtics, I would take it. Except Paul would have no chance of winning past 2012, but then again he could just leave as a free agent.

Am I the only one who wants to see how he plays this season off the meniscus injury? I don't think he's going to be as quick this year with the bone rubbing on bone. I'm hesistant to trade for a 6 ft point guard coming off a serious knee injury. I know Jason Kidd came back off microfracture and was fine, but he was at the twilightof his career.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Wow... lebron gets hated for leaving a city while being a free agent.... while cp3 is demanding a trade to go play for a contender, and everyone on NT is trying to come up with trade options?.

Is CP3's 1 hour special announcing his trade demand coming on tonight or tomorrow night?

Back
Top Bottom