Congratulations to the 2009 New Orleans Saints....Super Bowl Bound.

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.
smh.gif

Just got back to the crib from my boy's BBQ.
laugh.gif
at Favre showing up in true form.Crazy game, i almost had like 5 heart attacks.

Crazy to think that we're one W away from being the Champs.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by erupt107th

Just got back to the crib from my boy's BBQ.
laugh.gif
at Favre showing up in true form.Crazy game, i almost had like 5 heart attacks.

Crazy to think that we're one W away from being the Champs.
eek.gif
for real! I've never felt my heart pound harder than it did for the 4th and OT. Thought I was gonna keel over

Add this to the long list of Favre choke jobs:

95 NFC Championship, game ending INT
01 Divisional  Round, 6 INT's
03 Divisional Round, game ending INT
04 Wild Card, 4 INT's
07 NFC Championship, game ending INT
09 NFC Championship, game ending INT

laugh.gif
Boomer, Tom Jackson, and Skip Bayless like to pretend these games never happened. Viking's fans actually thought this year would be different 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

JaysRcrak wrote:

airblaster503 wrote:

air max one wrote:

thekillerj23 wrote:

Sad to watch Favre go out like that

again
I love seeing it, fitting end to this dudes career in my opinion.  And all you dudes saying the officials won the games for the Saints, step back and watch the game from an unbiased view.  There were multiple bad calls going in favor of the Vikings, and multiple fall starts that weren't called.  If anything the game was being called in favor of the Vikings, officials doing all they could to keep them in the game, plus you know the NFL wanted Favre in the Superbowl so he could end his career on a high note.

WRONG.
Even the commentaters commented on the disparities on the way the officials were calling the game FOR the Saints. It was obvious.
And for all the Brett Favre haters out there talking about that INT. He didn't lost the game. His teammates let him down.
If anything Favre kept the Vikes in the game.
But I guess when you're one of the greatest quarterback the league has ever seen you're bound to have a lot of haters.
Man watch it yourself, don't expect commentators to keep it real all the time.  You know they are getting paid to commentate the game and gas players up, so it is only natural they are going to blow anything that has to do with Favre out of proportions and not say anything about missed calls going in favor of the Vikings.  And about the interception, he could have ran the ball, he had the moment to put his team in position to win the game and he caved.  Sure he kept them in the game, but in the heat of the moment when it all mattered, the Favre we all used to know decided to show up.  Sure he holds all the records and $%@, but he is also known to turnover the football with reckless play.

Where were the missed called for the Vikings? I counted 1 bad call that went the way of the Vikings. All the rest of the HORRIBLE calls went for the Saints
The last drive ultimately decided the game. That is "when it mattered." And what happened on that last drive?
1. Saints get to a 3rd and short. The officials mark the ball close to the yellow line when the ball was clearly a yard from the line upon replay.
2. 4th and inches. The RB loses the ball in the air, and the official across the field marks the spot of the ball, when he couldn't even see the ball b/c the RB's back was turned to him
and they uphold that upon review.
3.They call a horrible Pass Interference call, when the receiver, who was backpeddling and the DB's feet got tangled,AND the ball was uncatchable.
(since when do they call PI when feet get tangled up if the defender is playing the ball? NEVER! It accidental contact. And it was initiated by the offensive player.

Had they not made those 3 TERRIBLE calls the Saints would've had to punt.
And that's just on the last drive of the game. Not to mention all the other bad calls all throughout the game.

Regardless of the outcome of the game Favre is still in the top 3 QB's of all time.
Now I know what some of you will say. "He has played forever"
This is Favre's 19th season. He didnt play his first season, so all his stats came in 18 seasons.
Fran Tarkenton= 18 seasons
Johnny Unitas= 18 seasons
Dan Marino= 17 seasons
John Elway= 16 seasons
Joe Montana= 16 seasons
Bart Starr= 16 seasons
Terry Bradshaw= 14 seasons
Steve Young= 15 seasons
Bob Griese- 14 seasons
Joe Namath= 13 seasons
And he is light years ahead of all of them in all the important QB stats(including INT his only blemish)

To all the viking faithful, jpz, mossy, all you guys, great season. Favre showed a ton of heart, great season... But I've waited for this day for a long long time.

WHO DAT?!?!?!?!

He didn't lost the game. His teammates let him down.

So there was another QB for Minnesota that threw that fatal INT when he could've just ate it and they would've gone for 3?

Yeah u right. Favre had nothing to do with that.
laugh.gif

JaysRcrak wrote:
(including INT his only blemish)

Hate to brake it to you but his only "blemish" is what is keeping his teams from winning the Super Bowl. All those stats and records will be broken eventually Super Bowls are forever. Montana, Elway, Brady, Bradshaw, Aikman > Favre

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

^^
indifferent.gif
@ you believing favre is top 3 all time ... and for listing all those qbs and seasons played
indifferent.gif

He's the runaway statistical leader and has a ring. Why not?

dont understand how yall can hate on favre. The man is good and got heart. If he was on your team, yall would probably be pole jocking

Did you guys expect anything different? Favre played his @%! off. Minus the two INTs, you would've said this performance was legendary. They had their chance to have a field goal at the end, but one bonehead sequence after another. You can't fault him when the team allows a 50+ yard kick off return, 3 fumbles by your work horse, 2 fumbles by "sure" wideouts, and bad play calling throughout. The whole team should be ashamed. This team is like the Cubs... I swear we're cursed.

brett favre is 1 of the best i have ever seen. i remember being at the game when favre's dad passed away the night before and he lit my raiders up. even tho he lit my team up i was amazed and will never forget that moment

Originally Posted by nnarum

Did you guys expect anything different? Favre played his @%! off. Minus the two INTs,

roll.gif

Turnovers are one of the biggest parts of the game and you want us to ignore it. He threw into triple coverage and got picked by Vilma. Then he gets picked rolling to the right, throwing across his body, late and over the middle of the field when his team would have had a shot to hit a GW FG.

He did not play his %%% off.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Did you guys expect anything different? Favre played his @%! off. Minus the two INTs,

roll.gif

Turnovers are one of the biggest parts of the game and you want us to ignore it. He threw into triple coverage and got picked by Vilma. Then he gets picked rolling to the right, throwing across his body, late and over the middle of the field when his team would have had a shot to hit a GW FG.

Sure they are the biggest part of the game, but that one at the end was garbage. He shouldn't have thrown it, and it didn't directly cost the game. If they didn't have 12 guys in the huddle, they would've still had a chance. Sure he should've run, but he's been on the ground most of the game. And the one Vilma picked off was rushed. That was the same play he got drilled on a low cheap shot. He came back and drove down the field. If it makes you feel better, keep hating.

roll.gif

He did not play his #@% off.

yes he did.. he was taking hit after hit, and he kept his team in the game.

roll.gif

Sure they are the biggest part of the game, but that one at the end was garbage. He shouldn't have thrown it, and it didn't directly cost the game. If they didn't have 12 guys in the huddle, they would've still had a chance. Sure he should've run, but he's been on the ground most of the game. And the one Vilma picked off was rushed. That was the same play he got drilled on a low cheap shot. He came back and drove down the field. If it makes you feel better, keep hating.
If it makes you feel better keep slurping. Is that you Skip?

Originally Posted by epox12

roll.gif

If it makes you feel better keep slurping. Is that you Skip?

If it makes you feel better, keep hating.

And way to take my statement out of context. When I meant did you guys expect anything different, I was referencing the way our team loses. They find a new way to lose every single time...
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom