Congratulations to the 2009 New Orleans Saints....Super Bowl Bound.

laugh.gif
Here he goes with that bs about not knowing if he is going to retire.  Said he will take several months to decide.  Vikings fans are going to hate this dude when it is all said and done.

fumbles cost the Vikes the game not ints

yall _ are just some haters
smh.gif

Originally Posted by sjuelz

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by air max one

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

Sad to watch Favre go out like that

again
I love seeing it, fitting end to this dudes career in my opinion.  And all you dudes saying the officials won the games for the Saints, step back and watch the game from an unbiased view.  There were multiple bad calls going in favor of the Vikings, and multiple fall starts that weren't called.  If anything the game was being called in favor of the Vikings, officials doing all they could to keep them in the game, plus you know the NFL wanted Favre in the Superbowl so he could end his career on a high note.

88b358c6e22ce979b6e3c1c59dbb3becc45f837.jpg
no-country-for-old-men-box-cover-poster.jpg

Kick Rocks Farve
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I'm still salty that the Dolphins chose to sign Culpepper instead of Brees and the Saints are in the Super Bowl because of it
smh.gif
Youcan't be upset with the Dolphins management for that one. Drew had areally bad shoulder injury and a lot of people thought his career wasover.
tired.gif
It's just so disheartening you know? Since Marino left we've never beenable to find that guy and recapture the winning spirit, I mean 2 SuperBowl wins, 5 AFC Championships, 13 Division championships, and 22playoff appearances don't lie, this franchise used to be a perennialwinner. We're just praying that Henne can be our guy.
try being a raider fan
eyes.gif

Man, all ya'll can hate on Brett as much as you want but there is no denying he has so much love for the game. There is noone TOUGHER OR HAVE AS MUCH HEART AS BRETT FARVE. I' m a Jets fan and I know he can be truly erratic, but I have to give this guy respect.
He gets hit and gets up EVERY SINGLE time. He loves the game and gives it everything hes got, every single snap. I know his offseason antics are annoying as hell but the NFL needs more players who give as much heart as he does. AHEM KERRY RHODES AHEM.
I think this is the end of the road, but hes had a great career. I get annoyed like the rest of you for his offseason retirement watch, but you have to respect his love for the game. With that being said, Im depressed as hell that the Jets lost lol.

GO SAINTS!

Originally Posted by DTruth07

smh.gif

The fact is the Vikings were in position to win, and Favre goes out there and throws and int.  So yes, the int did cost you the game.  Quit sticking up for the dude, the moment was there and he caved.  Peterson definatly needs to work on ball handling as well, dude has alot of talen, but coughs it up way to easily.

I'm still salty that the Dolphins chose to sign Culpepper instead of Brees and the Saints are in the Super Bowl because of it
smh.gif
You can't be upset with the Dolphins management for that one. Drew had a really bad shoulder injury and a lot of people thought his career was over.
tired.gif
It's just so disheartening you know? Since Marino left we've never been able to find that guy and recapture the winning spirit, I mean 2 Super Bowl wins, 5 AFC Championships, 13 Division championships, and 22 playoff appearances don't lie, this franchise used to be a perennial winner. We're just praying that Henne can be our guy.
I was taking you seriously until I read the end
laugh.gif
I never said he's our guy, I said we're praying that he can be our guy. Trust me, I have plenty of doubt that he can do it.

Yeah, I agree with that one. At least you guys have a nice foundation to build on.

I'm not too impressed with the Mike Nolan signing, but it's a start I suppose. You guys do need a lot of work though. Ricky Williams might retire this season and you don't really have anyone who is a threat in the outside. Henne looks to be inconsistent sometimes, and that Wildcat offense won't last you long in the AFC East.

Ronnie Brown is going to come off his second knee surgery and IDK how he'll perform in the upcoming season.

You guys do have a decent defense though. You're 1-2 pass rushers and DB's away from a serious defense.

They Jets future is looking good and New England will obviously still be in the hunt. You guys have a lot of work to do.

air max one wrote:

thekillerj23 wrote:

again
I love seeing it, fitting end to this dudes career in my opinion.  And all you dudes saying the officials won the games for the Saints, step back and watch the game from an unbiased view.  There were multiple bad calls going in favor of the Vikings, and multiple fall starts that weren't called.  If anything the game was being called in favor of the Vikings, officials doing all they could to keep them in the game, plus you know the NFL wanted Favre in the Superbowl so he could end his career on a high note.

WRONG.
Even the commentaters commented on the disparities on the way the officials were calling the game FOR the Saints. It was obvious.
And for all the Brett Favre haters out there talking about that INT. He didn't lost the game. His teammates let him down.
If anything Favre kept the Vikes in the game.
But I guess when you're one of the greatest quarterback the league has ever seen you're bound to have a lot of haters.

Originally Posted by DTruth07

smh.gif

well he had a lane to run in. Easily could  of gained 4 to 6 yards. Then it would been 4th down,  no he decided to throw it in to traffic and also threw it behind. If he runs there's  a chance at longwell making or missing a field goal. So the INT did  screw them over big. But yes the fumbles were key especially the one 5 yards out.   But everyone is going to remember the big turnover and that turnover was the last turnover.

Wow, I had no idea there was this much hate for Brett Favre. I was hoping the Vikings would win, just to see him play in the Superbowl.

Originally Posted by JaysRcrak

air max one wrote:

thekillerj23 wrote:

again

WRONG.
Even the commentaters commented on the disparities on the way the officials were calling the game FOR the Saints. It was obvious.
And for all the Brett Favre haters out there talking about that INT. He didn't lost the game. His teammates let him down.
If anything Favre kept the Vikes in the game.
But I guess when you're one of the greatest quarterback the league has ever seen you're bound to have a lot of haters.
Man watch it yourself, don't expect commentators to keep it real all the time.  You know they are getting paid to commentate the game and gas players up, so it is only natural they are going to blow anything that has to do with Favre out of proportions and not say anything about missed calls going in favor of the Vikings.  And about the interception, he could have ran the ball, he had the moment to put his team in position to win the game and he caved.  Sure he kept them in the game, but in the heat of the moment when it all mattered, the Favre we all used to know decided to show up.  Sure he holds all the records and %%@, but he is also known to turnover the football with reckless play.

Originally Posted by LA213ESPG

Wow, I had no idea there were was this much hate for Brett Favre. I was hoping the Vikings would win, just to see him play in the Superbowl.

Vikings win= everyone has respect for Favre

Vikings lose= see thread

frown.gif

I'm totally crushed.

I can't really comment objectively at the moment....Man....that was a tough loss.
tired.gif

We had our chances, but we blew it. Choked big time when we needed big plays.
tired.gif

Congrats to the Saints, and all their fans. Y'all deserve to be in that big game. Good luck.

I'll post more thoughts about this later.

Favre aint going anywhere. Shouldn't take a genius to know that. I wish he would leave though. BRING VICK TO MINNESOTA.

Vikings should have won, but the turnover prone players showed up.....all at the same time
laugh.gif

I joked about it happening a while back in a Week in Review thread, but didn't think it'd actually happen NOW.

Originally Posted by play2much2004

Originally Posted by Joshuatree2192

laugh.gif
8key wrote:

Oh no. We're gonna hear 'who dat?' for at least 2 weeks, and if the Saints win - god forbid - until next season.
ohwell.gif

If they win the Super Bowl,Mardi Gras will be CRAZY!!

You sir have no clue
eek.gif
i didnt even think of that.. i'd stay far, FAAAR away from Mardi gras if the Saints won
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom