College Hoops, over? Always next season...SI's Top 10 for 08-09

9. DUKE

roll.gif
Oooooooooooook.

#2?!?! even if the big man stays, i duno about that one. AJ is such a big question mark right now...

Originally Posted by NotoriousLAR

#2?!?! even if the big man stays, i duno about that one. AJ is such a big question mark right now...

Talent wise, yall would be Top 5...
I still have to question whether it can be a winning group

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Originally Posted by NotoriousLAR

Talent wise, yall would be Top 5...
I still have to question whether it can be a winning group
To me it has to be one or the other (Dyson, Price) I dont know why but Uconn has struggled with both on the floor.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

roll.gif
Oooooooooooook.

You're a UVA fan. Shut your mouth.
indifferent.gif

9. DUKE - The Blue Devils lose DeMarcus Nelson (graduation) and Taylor King (transfer) -- and Mike Krzyzewski could tire after coaching the U.S. team in Beijing -- but the nucleus for a Final Four team, including versatile forwards Kyle ­Singler and Gerald Henderson, remains.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

If UNC can get Ty, Wayne, and Tyler back then we should be the favorites. But I think Ty is as good as gone.

If DJ stays at Texas they will be good too. I love the way he runs the point for them. I wanted him more than Ty a couple years ago...

Originally Posted by 7MikeVick7

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Is DeMarcus Nelson NBA bound?

Are the Knicks competitive??

you sir are arrogant an fool..

1. I asked because I don't really know if he is. I don't follow Duke basketball.

2. I can ask you the same thing...are the cardinals competitive? Has Mick Vick dropped the soap yet?.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
tongue.gif

Damn, NT is filled with people who are quick to pass smart/fresh remarks.
eyes.gif

Is DeMarcus Nelson NBA bound?

Are the Knicks competitive??

you sir are arrogant an fool..

1. I asked because I don't really know if he is. I don't follow Duke basketball.

2. I can ask you the same thing...are the cardinals competitive? Has Mick Vick dropped the soap yet?.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
tongue.gif

Damn, NT is filled with people who are quick to pass smart/fresh remarks.
eyes.gif

You sir are
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Look back at 2006
wink.gif

With the same lineup as last yr and only lost of barro, we can be a sleeper again. Hopefully we can carry over from our good run in the tourny. We'll playfor any coach, just as long as we are all on the same page. Coach crean
ohwell.gif

edit: Buzz Williams is a good coach and great guy, it won't be a dramatic change of how we are going to play, i hope.

roll.gif
Oooooooooooook.

indifferent.gif

9. DUKE - The Blue Devils lose DeMarcus Nelson (graduation) and Taylor King (transfer) -- and Mike Krzyzewski could tire after coaching the U.S. team in Beijing -- but the nucleus for a Final Four team, including versatile forwards Kyle ­Singler and Gerald Henderson, remains.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The @%$% is that always the response? Like my being a UVA fan has anything to do with Duke. They struggled to get out of the first round and got smacked inthe second round. They're not going to do !!!% next year. Count on that.

So Duke loses two players from a team that barely made it out of the first round, not to mention their coach "could tire" after theOlympics, and they are in the running to make the Final Four? Very convincing.

roll.gif
Oooooooooooook.

indifferent.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The @%$% is that always the response? Like my being a UVA fan has anything to do with Duke. They struggled to get out of the first round and got smacked in the second round. They're not going to do !!!% next year. Count on that.

Just one thing for UVA:
nit03.gif

No further comment
wink.gif

Originally Posted by arff23

^Ya thats the case with most Uconn teams...
Only since 06, but i really dont think this squad, besides AJ and Adrien, has what it takes to gut it out and win games, its too bad, alotta talentgoin to the waste in the college game

I'm a IU fan but I've been telling people for a couple years now that Matt Painter is building something big down there at Purdue.. I support allIndiana teams so i'll be looking forward to seeing what that purdue team can do.. I love the way they play.. hopefully IU doesn't suck too bad nextyear..

roll.gif
Oooooooooooook.

indifferent.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The @%$% is that always the response? Like my being a UVA fan has anything to do with Duke. They struggled to get out of the first round and got smacked in the second round. They're not going to do !!!% next year. Count on that.

Just one thing for UVA:
nit03.gif

No further comment
wink.gif

actually UVA didn't make the NIT. they were in something lower than the NIT, its called the CBI

mainhead08_cbi.gif

apparently they just started it this year
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rolla808

Originally Posted by petey yup

4. PURDUE - Big Ten hegemony could begin here for coach Matt Painter, whose precocious band of ­underclassmen -- led by freshman guards (and former AAU teammates) E'Twaun Moore and Robbie ­Hummel -- came within one win of a conference title in '08.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Obviously this guy has no idea of the potential this team has.

I was impressed watching them during their NCAA tournament games in Washington. They seemed like they had a swagger for being such a young team.I'm defintely looking out for them next year.

roll.gif
Oooooooooooook.

indifferent.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just one thing for UVA:
nit03.gif

No further comment
wink.gif

Once again, you're team blows and you're ashamed to admit it. I'd like to hear one, just ONE, reason why they should be considered a nationaltitle threat.

I'd like to hear one, just ONE, reason why they should be considered a national title threat.
There's not one. They aren't a threat next year.

For a National Title? no.

A Top 10 team? probably

Whether we like it or not....all they're going to be losing is Nelson. and the transfer of King.....they get the addition of Elliot Williams.

And the ACC is going to be awful again..

Still no inside presence, but no reason they won't do what they did this year and have a good start to the season and then lose in the 2nd round or Sweet16

Back
Top Bottom