COD Modern Warfare 3 - 11.8.11

I don't get why people think playing tactically means that you're going to get less kills than a "rusher".

I play tactically and my SPM is anywhere from 450-600 most weeks for TDM.

I think 250-300 for Dom and I'm not sure about my Demo SPM.

I don't really play anything else,
laugh.gif

Its like people see the world tactical and assume you sit in one spot the whole game.

Why does my avy have AIDS?

The hell is going on here?

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

There needs to be a COD equivalent of the NBA's efficiency rating because it would expose alot of people who swear they are good but don't really contribute to team play.

If SPM factored in deaths, that would be the equivalent.

Originally Posted by TheSwagOfSweetJones

Tactical=fancy word for camping

No, camping is you on Sub Base.

Tactical is using map knowledge to gain an advantage over opponents.

Originally Posted by Hyper

Word! I don't understand why people incorrectly equate tactical play with camping.  I guess they don't understand the definition of the word tactical.

Tactical players adjust to the various type of maps and don't play the same way on each map.  The majority of run and gun players seem to just run all about no matter what type of map they are playing on.

Word! I don't understand why people incorrectly equate tactical play with camping.  I guess they don't understand the definition of the word tactical.

Tactical players adjust to the various type of maps and don't play the same way on each map.  The majority of run and gun players seem to just run all about no matter what type of map they are playing on.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Camping - Staying in 1 spot/area for the the majority or entire game.

Tactical - Moving around the map thruout the game but having cover/blind spots etc.

Run & Gun - No regard for human life

roll.gif
roll.gif

Tactical - Moving around the map thruout the game but having cover/blind spots etc.

Yeah I was camping on subbase because bum *%@ nters playing in a tourny are try hards.....like you mr. 2 accounts you a ***+*++ camper, you ain't fooling any one on here....ol "my ratio is 5 but I swear i don't camp" tactical in a fast pace game yeah rightttttt...you moving from spot to.spot camping that simple

Yeah I was camping on subbase because bum *%@ nters playing in a tourny are try hards.....like you mr. 2 accounts you a ***+*++ camper, you ain't fooling any one on here....ol "my ratio is 5 but I swear i don't camp" tactical in a fast pace game yeah rightttttt...you moving from spot to.spot camping that simple

Moving from spot to spot camping?

A little contradicting, but whatever.

You can keep making assumptions about my play style all you want, I could care less.

Originally Posted by henz0

Pretty much.

Moving from spot to spot camping?

A little contradicting, but whatever.

You can keep making assumptions about my play style all you want, I could care less.

Originally Posted by henz0

Pretty much.

Originally Posted by Proshares

We'll agree to disagree I guess.  I feel SPM more accurately tells you and other players what level of success you have in each game and I think it's more accurate telling who is better than who that given week.  I'm pretty sure your # of kills and deaths are counted in that positively and negatively respectively.

Well, it doesn't.

SPM is good for OBJ modes, kind of.

For TDM its complete bollocks.

If we're playing TDM, you go 25-0 and I go 30-15, who had the better game?

You, obviously, but not according to SPM.

Dying doesn't have any impact on your score unless you kill yourself.

Even for OBJ modes SPM is pretty off.

I had a 82-1 game playing Dom with 2 caps and 7 defends, some other dude went 75-25, 3 caps, 7 defends and he had a higher score than me.

Eh, ok.

I'll never understand how dying a lot helps your team, efficiency is key.
I agree 100% with you man but we are in the minority here. It seems as most COD plays don't appreciate  or  care for efficiency or simply don't understand how certain statistics determine certain things.  There needs to be a COD equivalent of the NBA's efficiency rating because it would expose alot of people who swear they are good but don't really contribute to team play. When playing a game mode like TDM which I primarily play, efficient players are the most important in terms of winning.  The more efficient players that are playing together the better the chance of winning.
Stop it with the tactical team play on TDM.
laugh.gif

Any 1 player can take over the game at any time.

To me, assists is the best indicator of who is a team player on TDM.

Originally Posted by Proshares

We'll agree to disagree I guess.  I feel SPM more accurately tells you and other players what level of success you have in each game and I think it's more accurate telling who is better than who that given week.  I'm pretty sure your # of kills and deaths are counted in that positively and negatively respectively.

Well, it doesn't.

I had a 82-1 game playing Dom with 2 caps and 7 defends, some other dude went 75-25, 3 caps, 7 defends and he had a higher score than me.

Eh, ok.

I agree 100% with you man but we are in the minority here. It seems as most COD plays don't appreciate  or  care for efficiency or simply don't understand how certain statistics determine certain things.  There needs to be a COD equivalent of the NBA's efficiency rating because it would expose alot of people who swear they are good but don't really contribute to team play. When playing a game mode like TDM which I primarily play, efficient players are the most important in terms of winning.  The more efficient players that are playing together the better the chance of winning.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Well, it doesn't.

Eh, ok.

laugh.gif

Ok man because YOU said to stop with tactical play I will.

laugh.gif
at assists being the best indicator of who a team player is. This guy clearly has no concept of judging statistics.  SMH.

Well, it doesn't.

Eh, ok.

laugh.gif

Ok man because YOU said to stop with tactical play I will.

laugh.gif
at assists being the best indicator of who a team player is. This guy clearly has no concept of judging statistics.  SMH.

^I didn't say you should stop playing "tactically" in TDM... I don't care how you play COD. You can play "tactically", camp, sit in a random corner the whole game, run and gun, etc... I don't care at all, people's play styles do not bother me.

I just don't understand how team tactical one can be in TDM...

What is funny about assists being a good indicator of a team player? If you get an assist, that means your teammate AND you were shooting at the same enemy at the same time... Is that not team work? A bunch of people in this thread already agree that SPM, K/D, ACC, etc, can be skewed in whatever way to make a player look good, but an assist stat is concrete, if you got an assist, you helped your team mate kill someone...

^I didn't say you should stop playing "tactically" in TDM... I don't care how you play COD. You can play "tactically", camp, sit in a random corner the whole game, run and gun, etc... I don't care at all, people's play styles do not bother me.

What is funny about assists being a good indicator of a team player? If you get an assist, that means your teammate AND you were shooting at the same enemy at the same time... Is that not team work? A bunch of people in this thread already agree that SPM, K/D, ACC, etc, can be skewed in whatever way to make a player look good, but an assist stat is concrete, if you got an assist, you helped your team mate kill someone...

Interesting based on your previous commentary that now you don't care how someone else plays. Convenient amnesia I guess.

Playing tactical in TDM has already been explained.  If your not able to comprehend then I don't know what to say.

Whats funny about assists being an indicator of a good team player is that is also skewed.  If you have 1 kill 10 deaths and 5 assists did you really have a good game or were you just not able to put people down consistently on your own while taking many deaths?! I don't see how a poor K/D ratio can be justified by having assists. Assists are not an accurate/"concrete" indicator of being a team player because of the exact scenario I just raised.

Interesting based on your previous commentary that now you don't care how someone else plays. Convenient amnesia I guess.

Playing tactical in TDM has already been explained.  If your not able to comprehend then I don't know what to say.

Whats funny about assists being an indicator of a good team player is that is also skewed.  If you have 1 kill 10 deaths and 5 assists did you really have a good game or were you just not able to put people down consistently on your own while taking many deaths?! I don't see how a poor K/D ratio can be justified by having assists. Assists are not an accurate/"concrete" indicator of being a team player because of the exact scenario I just raised.

Back
Top Bottom