Closed

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Let me tell you the whole story.

I made a thread earlier this week about being married and having attractive female friends.
Anyway i wrote the thread because i befriended this chick tuesday at work( one time project)
Well she called me thursday to see how i was doing and to thank me for working with her and spending time with her on tuesday.
she also requested me as friend on facebook.
So far i havent called her back and not accepted her friend request.
She also knows im married.What do you guys think am i over thinking this.
Should i ignore or just call her back and say hello.
I aint gonna lie she is hott so as a married man i guess im flattered i still get attention from attractive women.
i definitely would never sleep with her because i love my wife.

Welcome to todays work force full of capable women. She is networking by seducing your desires. That's how it works. They flatter you. Make you feel special, hot and bothered. They're amazingly hot. But really, they're just trying to get a leg up on networking. She's not treating you any different than any other man out there.

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

In thought, you've already cheated on your wife with this woman; you know it, and I know it.

Shame on you.

come on man like one of the posters said maybe its just my ego. All guys have big egos and like the attention too. Like i said i love my wife but was wondering if it was ok to call this girl back.

ding*ding she's inflating your ego to make you like her. Call her back, its the proper thing to do. You may have waited too long though. When you call her back, understand the networking game as it is. Think of her as your little sister so her tricks don't work on you. She'll notice it -- and may think you are genuine because of it, bettering your business relationship.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

let me answer your question with another question...

if your wife made a male friend at work, who was attractive, and she got a FB request and phonecall, would you be mad if she called back?

it really depends on what type of relationship you have with your wife (trust and communication wise)

This

At the same time, you don't know her intentions. Maybe she doesn't see you in the light that you THINK she might be seeing you in. Maybe she's just be courteous. I don't see the harm in returning her calls and adding her on FB. But if the chats become frequent and often and feelings start to develop then that's wrong. So I would return the call and then just leave it that. Just to be polite.

I'm married OP and this shouldn't even be a problem, especially since she is someone that you worked with and could work with in the future.
Call her back at her job or contact her through a business email and keep it strictly profession with your response.

Since it's obvious that you can't trust yourself with this woman, adding her to your facebook is not a good move.

Originally Posted by OneSole

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

let me answer your question with another question...

if your wife made a male friend at work, who was attractive, and she got a FB request and phonecall, would you be mad if she called back?
Here's your answer.  You don't need to read any further.

She might be hitting on you or she might just like a little male attention. She might be really friendly or she might just not really understand boundaries, etc... Most of the time if a woman has gone out of her way to contact you through more than one medium. (she called and friend-requested you on facebook. She could have sent you a FB message saying thanks for working with her) she's got some kind of crush/feelings. Doesn't necessarily mean she's going to try to push it any further but you never know.

You're always going to have other people trying to swoop in on your marriage from both sides. How you handle it is up to you. It's nice to get that attention from other women but you really have to ask yourself how you'd feel if your wife was getting that same type of attention. Think about it, guys are WAY more forward and thirsty than women in general so that little bit of flirting you're getting from this girl, your wife gets probably 10x that on a daily basis with a few subway bump-and-grinds thrown in for good measure. If she's not getting gassed off it and adding new FB friends on the regular, neither should you.

You already know the answer to this OP.  If it were no big deal you would have picked up that phone and not made a thread about it.  Accept her facebook request, respond via email, and keep it moving.  I don't know how long you've been married, but I've been in the game for 10 years.  A piece of random @ss is not worth peace on the home front.  Flattering? Yes.  Worth my peace?  #$%# nah.  

Best advice in this thread was from KatieJade. Why do you need to call her back? She left you a message saying thank you. When you call back what will you say?

Or is it simply that you are appreciating the attention that someone else is giving you? I think that is the case.

No need to accept her on FB. I love how some people think ignoring a friend request is rude. I don't/wouldn't even accept friend requests from anyone I work with. That is just me. I like to keep that divide there.

But yea, don't call back. Don't accept request. See her at work or whenever.

let me say it like this. Do you really need anymore friends or acquaintances in your life, especially a woman? What could you possibly want to do with her.

I say do it man....

You're not going to smash...  I just hope you have a strong tolerance for temptation.

Originally Posted by Yeah

You're flattering yourself. You don't even know this woman's intentions and you're already trying to duck and dodge? She might legitimately be thankful for your help and wants to work with you on another project, or just wants to keep in touch with you because you were nice. The only thing that is making it "wrong" is your own subconscious. Nothing the woman has done is wrong. You're probably just so used to not getting attention in that fashion that it's making you suspicious. I think you're being immature in simply chalking it up as an attempt to come onto you.

Accept her friend request if you want to be FB friends with her, but the very least you can do is call her back and be professional about it.

This man speaks the truth you acting AYO about the situation be friends with her still keep it professional and if she finds you Attractive she will come to you and show you

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Best advice in this thread was from KatieJade. Why do you need to call her back? She left you a message saying thank you. When you call back what will you say?

Or is it simply that you are appreciating the attention that someone else is giving you? I think that is the case.

No need to accept her on FB. I love how some people think ignoring a friend request is rude. I don't/wouldn't even accept friend requests from anyone I work with. That is just me. I like to keep that divide there.

But yea, don't call back. Don't accept request. See her at work or whenever.

PM me.

I hate to be "that guy"... but this thread would really deliver to an entire new level if you at least put up her FB profile pic

everyone who agrees please post a gif of applause... (OP we get 10 gif's of applause you put it up?)

Originally Posted by Antidope

I dont see the harm. You cant automatically assume that shes trying to get you to cheat. She could genuinely be thankful for your help and honestly facebook requests are worthless and mean nothing in terms of romantic interest

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

If you have to put THIS much thought into it... then you know it's wrong.

Put yourself in your wife's shoes and get your head on straight.

Deny that $%+!%!
Really? The only reason he's paranoid is because of the stigma of having opposite sex friends while youre married/in a relationship

Back
Top Bottom