Closed - New thread started

Up 20+ to down 2 with seconds to go. Way to go team.

Even though we won it almost feels like this should be chalked up as a loss anyway. I don't care if they're the dream mf'ing team they shouldn't have been in danger of losing with as big a lead as they had.

yeah dont get why the team always gives up big leads. doesnt make sense. even during the good years, they would always give up leads

Does this mean IT has the starting gig now or is this another one of Keith's smart moves

Was at the game, ish was redic!

Jimmer was balling, then keith benched him the whole damn 3rd and he was scared in the 4th

Jimmer was balling, then keith benched him the whole damn 3rd and he was scared in the 4th
Nice man! I swear Keith Smart is racist 
laugh.gif
 But then again Brooks, IT, and Jimmer all played at the same high level.

how are Knicks fans so salty still. They're thread is straight lulz.

Lets be honest just a few years ago they were in the same sucky boat as us. I guess a little success will do that to ya

Nice man! I swear Keith Smart is racist :lol:  But then again Brooks, IT, and Jimmer all played at the same high level.

how are Knicks fans so salty still. They're thread is straight lulz.

Lets be honest just a few years ago they were in the same sucky boat as us. I guess a little success will do that to ya

NYC has a lot of expectations to win. Could be the atmosphere or the media, but it's there. For a team with so much history in this league, the NBA needs the Knicks to do well.

With that being said, after a 27 point deficit and to come back up by 5 to lose that way to a guy that had the game of his life will make any fan of any team salty. Not to mention that bogus foul call on Kidd at the end.

Like I said in the official NBA thread--Rarely you can say a call made or breaks a game for a team, but that call definitely did. I won't use that as an excuse though. Knicks couldn't score in the last two mins. Times like that, Melo is valuable.

I don't think any team deserved to win that game, but someone has to win, and it happened to be you guys. Kings needed this win more than us, I suppose. No post-season hopes and a dwindling organization run by a looney coach and front office will do that to a team and it's fans. Trust me, I know. Knicks were like this for awhile :lol:

DeMarcus Cousins divides opinions of Sacramento Kings

by Sam Amick, USA TODAY Sports

Updated: 12/30/2012 01:35am

SACRAMENTO – When Sacramento Kings forward James Johnson sank the most unexpected of buzzer-beating three-pointers Friday night to stun the New York Knicks 106-105, there was no one happier than the team's coach, Keith Smart.

He was happy for his players who have endured a disappointing 10-19 campaign, happy for himself and his coaches who have been searching for answers. Perhaps most of all, Smart was surely happy that the focus of the postgame news conference wouldn't be the return of third-year big man DeMarcus Cousins.

But after Cousins' halftime tirade aimed at Smart in a Dec. 21 game at the Los Angeles Clippers led to an indefinite suspension the following day for the center and his reinstatement two days later, not everyone within the organization was happy to have him back.

The decision to reinstate Cousins on Dec. 24 was made unilaterally by the team's owners and went against the wishes and planned protocol of the team's front office, according to three people with knowledge of the situation who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation. Specifically, one person with knowledge of the situation said Kings co-owner Gavin Maloof initiated a dialogue with Cousins on Dec. 23, had him discuss the situation with Smart and then made it clear that Cousins would return to the team the following day at practice.

Smart, whose contract with the team runs through next season, was later allowed to sit Cousins in Wednesday's game at the Portland Trail Blazers and start Cousins on Friday. Longtime general manager Geoff Petrie, however, was not a key part of the reinstatement process.

Asked two separate times via text message if the decision to reinstate Cousins was made without the involvement or endorsement of Petrie, co-owners Joe and Gavin Maloof did not reply.

Petrie is in the last year of his contract, and people close to him and the Maloofs say it's all but certain that his 19-year run with the Kings will come to an end this summer. Even if the Maloofs surprised all involved and offered Petrie a new deal, one person close to the 64-year-old said they were "99.9% sure he wouldn't take it" because of his desire to retire. Petrie declined a request for an interview.

The team's uncertain status in remaining in Sacramento could be causing a ripple effect here, as well. The Maloofs have long since targeted Cousins as the prized asset of their organization and have been extremely reluctant to trade him thus far. According to people with knowledge of the situation, the Maloofs continue to discuss their preferred option of relocation with several cities and have let it be known in all the appropriate circles that bidding for the unlikely sale of the club should begin at an astounding $500 million.

The last NBA sale, with the Memphis Grizzlies in October, went for a reported $377 million. Prior to that, the New Orleans Hornets reportedly were sold for $338 million. The Golden State Warriors were sold for a league-record $450 million in July 2010. But the Maloofs, who have consistently said they don't want to sell, are confident they could reach that $500 million figure because of the potential mobility of the franchise -- the Kings can get out of their lease at Sleep Train Arena at any time.

As far as the Kings' basketball bosses are concerned, however, the internal concern about Cousins and his relationship with his team is at an all-time high because of the way in which he was reinstated.

While the rules of the collective bargaining agreement don't allow players to be forced into mental health counseling, it was strongly suggested that Cousins see a psychologist. It was Cousins' prerogative to decline those services - which he did. But the bare-minimum expectations of the team's front-office executives were that Cousins would come back contrite and apologetic to Smart and his teammates.

That had not happened to his bosses' liking, but he was back before they had expected. Even some of his teammates were unpleasantly surprised. The question now is whether Cousins can still fit in with the Kings or whether there's too much damage to be undone.

Before and after his well-chronicled battles with former coach Paul Westphal, Cousins has been frustrated by what is perceived as a lack of support from the organization. Kings officials and coaches not only disagree with Cousins' stance, but have long since grown tired of dealing with his frequent outbursts at coaches and teammates and disrespectful distractions that come with his volatile personality.

Another layer was added to the situation Friday, when Cousins received a fair amount of boos from Kings fans who have been so unwavering in their love and loyalty to the team's players since the team came here in 1985.

While Cousins has insisted publicly that he does not want to be traded, his story has been different privately. The recent hiring of influential agent Dan Fegan has led to the widespread assumption within the organization that Cousins will eventually demand a trade. Specifically, two people close to the situation who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation said a trade to the Washington Wizards would be considered ideal for Cousins and Fegan because Cousins could rejoin former Kentucky teammate and fellow Fegan client, point guard John Wall. The Wizards, who are known to have expressed recent interest in Cousins, have been told by the Kings that they have no intention of trading him

The Denver Nuggets, Detroit Pistons, Houston Rockets and Boston Celtics have been among the teams that have shown interest in the past on gambling with the player who could become the most dominant big man in the game. But will Petrie still be at the helm by the time the Feb. 21 trading deadline arrives? Will he be allowed to make franchise-altering moves such as these if his time in Sacramento is nearing an end?

There are more questions than answers in the Cousins controversy, the most difficult and dysfunctional of dynamics that have left player and team in a most unique and uncomfortable position that didn't change with one wild win.

He'll be a King for forever

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that the team really played its best ball with DMC, Reke, and Thornton out of the game
laugh.gif

Cisco has always been a deceptively good shot blocker for a guard 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom