Chicago underrated? ........ Vol. Windy City!!

Originally Posted by IRAPTHOUGH

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

Originally Posted by IRAPTHOUGH

Damn I didn't know you were a Chicago _ .
Yeah
pimp.gif
and since youre gonna have a plethora of women on your hands after the male darft, send some of them my way. Im right down the street
wink.gif
I'm a girl .
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
My bad, I thought you were one of the dudes you quoted. Thats even better, swing on through.

Chicago is home to me.. I was born on the South Side of Chicago.. Jeffery Manor....I never get tired of walking on Michigan Ave..... I never get tired ofGarrets Popcorn.... Giordano's Pizza.. riding the metra train... Going to Navy Pier.. Shopping at Evergreen Plaza.. aka Ever Black! theres no place likethe Chi.....

Nice thread OP

I am thinking of transferring to Depaul next semester...Is it logical to live off campus, or should I just live on campus?

Anyone?

pimp.gif

My city...

I miss it already.
I been in Brooklyn for the last 2 weeks watching my cuzzo crib until somebody else can get out here.
frown.gif

Got 2 more weeks to go.

Westside

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Nice thread OP

I am thinking of transferring to Depaul next semester...Is it logical to live off campus, or should I just live on campus?

Anyone?

Just in my own experience (never having gone to Depaul (for school at least
laugh.gif
)) if you live anywhere around their you're live. If you're going to bea junior and even a sophomore I wouldn't want to live in the dorms or whatever upper classmen housing they have unless I was forced to. I'd be willingto bet you could find a similar size space where the school couldn't crush it with wack rules off campus for either reasonably similar price or more thanlikely less. Lincoln Park (where Depaul is) is a live neighborhood from shopping, night life, just regular #+@$/entertainment and just access to the rest ofthe city. The only advantage I could see is that in like dorm setup you would be almost forced to meet lots of people etc. So if you're a social personthat's not really that necessary as you can just meet people at school and in the city all on your own.

Originally Posted by ebayologist

Nice thread OP

Anyone?

laugh.gif
)) if you live anywhere around their you're live. If you're going to be a junior and even a sophomore I wouldn't want to live in the dorms or whatever upper classmen housing they have unless I was forced to. I'd be willing to bet you could find a similar size space where the school couldn't crush it with wack rules off campus for either reasonably similar price or more than likely less. Lincoln Park (where Depaul is) is a live neighborhood from shopping, night life, just regular #+@$/entertainment and just access to the rest of the city. The only advantage I could see is that in like dorm setup you would be almost forced to meet lots of people etc. So if you're a social person that's not really that necessary as you can just meet people at school and in the city all on your own.

Appreciate the help....

Looks like off campus FTW
pimp.gif

The area is not crime ridden though?

Nice thread OP

Anyone?

laugh.gif
)) if you live anywhere around their you're live. If you're going to be a junior and even a sophomore I wouldn't want to live in the dorms or whatever upper classmen housing they have unless I was forced to. I'd be willing to bet you could find a similar size space where the school couldn't crush it with wack rules off campus for either reasonably similar price or more than likely less. Lincoln Park (where Depaul is) is a live neighborhood from shopping, night life, just regular #+@$/entertainment and just access to the rest of the city. The only advantage I could see is that in like dorm setup you would be almost forced to meet lots of people etc. So if you're a social person that's not really that necessary as you can just meet people at school and in the city all on your own.

Appreciate the help....

Looks like off campus FTW
pimp.gif

The area is not crime ridden though?

roll.gif
roll.gif

Sorry.

But yeah if you get robbed in Lincoln Park literally you must be wearing a sign that say "I'll give you my wallet if you ask".
laugh.gif

I would say just in my own observations of the neighborhood it's mostly yuppy douche bags who went to Big Ten schools and then moved to the city aftergraduation. Some of them crush it, but it's still cool for the most part but if you like white women in their mid-late 20's who think their"adults" and "professionals" but really are basically just post college sororositutes. You're set.

Just like example. Barney's Co-Op is like 3 blocks from Depaul, you're not getting robbed anywhere around places like that unless you're justtrying to.

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

What you got against Uptown/Rogers Park
laugh.gif

It's wack. Like it's not hood enough where I felt like I was getting street cred while I was getting college cred.
laugh.gif
It's just bummy as hell.
sick.gif
e I'll give you there are couple good/nice ethnic restaurants up there but if I want "hip ethnic swag", I'll go to Hyde Park.
eh there is some truth to this. i lived on the northside all my life and it's mostly not hood.

Chicago is nice....but nothing beats NYC in my book.
Chicago is way too spread out for my liking.. I don't think the diversity isn't as great as NYC either.

it all depends on what you like.

Chicago is a great, great city. A different feel when compared to NY, but depending on how you are, many like it better. Always have a great time there

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I don't think the diversity isn't as great as NYC either.

Chicago i think is just so much more segregated than NYC. It's still the "midwest" so clearly lot of white people and maybe more than NYC. But Ithink that it being spread out and OD segregated makes seeing the diversity quite a bit harder.

Dirtylicious wrote:
Chicago is nice....but nothing beats NYC in my book.
Chicago is way too spread out for my liking.. I don't think the diversity isn't as great as NYC either.

it all depends on what you like.
1190bbd.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Chicago is a great, great city. A different feel when compared to NY, but depending on how you are, many like it better. Always have a great time there
definitely a different "feel" to the city.
Chicago i think is just so much more segregated than NYC. It's still the "midwest" so clearly lot of white people and maybe more than NYC. But I think that it being spread out and OD segregated makes seeing the diversity quite a bit harder.
that's the thing...with NYC...diversity is virtually everywhere.
Chicago..not so much.

I love my city, even put it on my arm. I never been to NY but I can't imagine it being better. We got just as much going on socially we just don't haveas many celebrities. And most of NY celebs move away. MJ for one.

Chi-town FTW!!!

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by dmxfury

definitely a different "feel" to the city.
Chicago i think is just so much more segregated than NYC. It's still the "midwest" so clearly lot of white people and maybe more than NYC. But I think that it being spread out and OD segregated makes seeing the diversity quite a bit harder.
that's the thing...with NYC...diversity is virtually everywhere.
Chicago..not so much.

NYC >
th_dsp_globe-animated.gif
throw a dart anywhere...

Back
Top Bottom