Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

Speaking of leftover food. I go to the butcher at Whole Foods 1-2 times a month and request leftover bones for my dog. I pay $10 for a big bag. I will then purée some veggies and fruit and stuff it into the bones and freeze it overnight. Better than store bought treats.
Sounds like a good idea,maybe try a local butcher though instead of Whole Foods,a lot give leftover bones for free.

My buddy does that sauce thing even if he didn't buy anything .. also he takes plastic utensils

I pee in the sink. Not only do I not have to flush the toilet and save water, or let it marinate and stink up the bathroom, but I figure peeing in the sink will help clean the pipes due to the ammonia in urine and the salts and ****.

anyone ever try dumpster diving? like when restaurants close for the day, they toss a lot of their food away. most is still fresh

What's wrong with some of y'all?

only buy non-perishable items (paper plates/toilet paper/napkins) in bulk only when on sale

My buddy does that sauce thing even if he didn't buy anything .. also he takes plastic utensils

That's what I meant. We'd be on the way home from the gym and dude would be like I need to make a stop real quick, go through the drive thru without ordering anything and just ask for sauce.

My friend used to go through McD's drive through and be like "I forgot the sauce for my nuggets." He'd then go home, cook his own chicken and use free McDonald's sauce.

000.gif

He really likes chicken nugget sauce that much? There are other sauces he can eat chicken with. Most of the nugget sauces you can get or get similar ones at the grocery store.

I go to the pizza place at the mall I work at 5 mins before closing. They'll give me slices of pizza for $1 or a whole one for $5. Sometimes even free if I catch them in a good mood.

He really likes chicken nugget sauce that much? There are other sauces he can eat chicken with. Most of the nugget sauces you can get or get similar ones at the grocery store.
But free sauce, doe.

I go to the pizza place at the mall I work at 5 mins before closing. They'll give me slices of pizza for $1 or a whole one for $5. Sometimes even free if I catch them in a good mood.
this is a good idea..but I'm never at malls this late

when booking flights I will look at many different options (days of the week/airports nearby/adding or taking a day or two away from the itinerary) to compare prices..I will also monitor the prices for weeks and wait for the right price..they say the best time to book is about 45-days in advance..and the best time is tues-thurs in the afternoon (to physically purchase tix)

Do you need a membership for this?

Some Costcos have the food court in a separate building.

My brother doesn't have a card so he'll just walk through the exit doors of our store past customer service, and the food court is right there.

I've been told if you are buying 1 item at Costco you don't need a membership. Also if you don't need a membership to use their pharmacy

At the most, I try to be cost effective in everything I buy down to the penny. I collect change I see on the streets when walking around. I stopped drinking and smoking so I could save more money(the reverse effect turned into purchasing more shoes, which I value as an investment). That's probably it though.

It's hard to say if I'm being cheap or frugal though. Also hard trying to be cheap or frugal when the world or universe in general kind of pushes you in a direction to spend more money, at least from my perspective.

:rofl: On Reddit ..they said instead of buying shaving cream..use conditioner

Back
Top Bottom