Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

Back in CA, the spot I went to do, dropped off the plate of meat and bounced :rofl:

Thought this was normal at Korean BBQ. My wife HATES when they walk by and pick up the tongs and start cooking for us. Shes like, ***** we can do it ourselves.

I pay small stuff like at fast food places in exact change example a coffee 1.08 I pay 1.08 so I don't break a other dollar

I need to get my college id lol

I buy old video games sell them for profit to buy new video games...keep the best stuff I find the same with old wood furniture

Not sure if this is considered cheap but it does save time. Whenever I goto Target and the line is super long I just pay in the electronics or pharmacy section. where there is usually no line at all.

Not sure if this is considered cheap but it does save time. Whenever I goto Target and the line is super long I just pay in the electronics or pharmacy section. where there is usually no line at all.
I do this but it has nothing to do with being cheap lol

Whenever my grandma would come with us to eat at a buffet. She would stuff her purse with random food like pizza or chicken nuggets lol

I go to the value menu for every fast food joint I hit. If I want to splurge, I go to Costco for a slice combo, polish dog/drink, and frozen yogurt. Also, if I do dine out with my girl, I don't buy appetizers or dessert nor do I buy alcohol, matter of fact, I think alcohol is a waste of money. Lastly, I refuse to do Uber unless it's an emergency or really late out, and when I do use it, I'm pissed at myself for not taking the bus, MUNI, or BART instead.

I dunno if hitting up the Costco food court is splurging. Some of the stuff is cheaper than the fast food value menu. Unless you break open the wallet and get a chicken bake or Italian sausage. Those are good.

want a sandwhich? Go to the store and buy the cold cuts/deli meat whatever u call it and bread/cheese..the price that u would pay for a ready made sandwhich could actually be 3 or more sandwhiches u can make urself..also PB&J is amaze..throw that in one of ur lunches for the week..

I eat a late lunch so I need to eat snacks around noon time..I buy the pack of granola bars from Costco (48-pack) for $15..if I bought them individually it would maybe cost over $70+

Again there is a HUGE difference between being cheap and frugal

Frugal all day baby

even tho im makin a lil guwop on the side i still got the ebt medicaid n unemployment turnt to the max lol saving hella cash

I usually try to buy the store brand at the super market. Will save you a few bucks. Some items you should spend a little more for the name brand though. Bought the cheap cereal and regretted it.

So you guys that are frugal/ cheap.

Are y'all balling because you're frugal

Or frugal, because the struggle is real?

even tho im makin a lil guwop on the side i still got the ebt medicaid n unemployment turnt to the max lol saving hella cash

Lol. I had Medicaid for a minute (they call it Medi-Cal in CA) and I used to go to the ER for any little ache or pain. It would take months to see a doctor so the ER was the best bet. I was getting CT scans, ultrasounds, blood work, EKG's, x-rays... it was so nice, what a country.

So you guys that are frugal/ cheap.

Are y'all balling because you're frugal

Or frugal, because the struggle is real?
Definition of "balling" :lol: all I know is all my saved $ goes towards traveling going to watch NBA games at the end of March ATL-ORL-MIA all in one week!

Yeah, people can be smart with their money by choosing cheaper alternatives without being cheep. IDK if that makes sense, but I see it.

But I know there are some folks who are penny pinchers to simply be cheap. It's pretty crazy.

I dunno if hitting up the Costco food court is splurging. Some of the stuff is cheaper than the fast food value menu. Unless you break open the wallet and get a chicken bake or Italian sausage. Those are good.
What I meant was, if I wanted to buy a lot of food, I go to Costco, whereas in fast food spots, I only buy one or two items.

Everytime we go to all you can eat Korean BBQ, the people working are never around. Next time we go I'm telling my wife to sneak a bunch of Ziploc bags in her purse.

Haven't had Korean BBQ in a while.

Yeah, it seems that KBBQ spots on the West Coast have different side dishes than the spots out here in VA.

IMO, the meat quality is so much better here in VA and they actually serve and cook the food for you lol. Back in CA, the spot I went to do, dropped off the plate of meat and bounced :rofl:

One thing I just remembered is all the cheap Korean BBQ spots in SoCal:pimp: Time to get fatter.

Los Angeles or Koreatown in particular has the best KBBQ in the world, not only in the US, real talk. I'm talking from personal experience since I live in LA (ktown) and Korean. I've eaten KBBQ everywhere and LA can't be matched. From quality, price point, value, variety and level of competition, its unparalleled...

Los Angeles or Koreatown in particular has the best KBBQ in the world, not only in the US, real talk. I'm talking from personal experience since I live in LA (ktown) and Korean. I've eaten KBBQ everywhere and LA can't be matched. From quality, price point, value, variety and level of competition, its unparalleled...
Oh, I'm sure. I wouldn't doubt that.

When I moved to VA, I was surprised by the large Korean community out here. I was impressed by the KBBQ spots here.

Whenever I take the train to Manhattan..it will cost $6 less of I get off at Newark and take the Path (subway system which goes to/thru Manhattan) instead of riding straight through..and conveniently the Path stops in Manhattan in the area (Broadway/Lafayette) where I need to go other than the NJT train

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom