Cd sales 9-16-09 Vol. Jay Z 465k

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Tuff G0ng wrote:
millionuppercuts wrote:
Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

The Beatles have some serious %*@#*$$ staying power.

Nah, Beatles Rock Band just came out.
You seriously think that's why?
laugh.gif

They just released remastered versions of their albums.
Yeah, they probably released it because of the game.

"Oh yea I remember how much I liked this Beatles song, let me go buy it. Oh look, brand new remastered album, how convenient. "

Rock Band is keeping them relevant. It's probably the younger kids buying the albums.

pimp.gif

and mike Jackson estate continues to grow...

its really ignorant to think jay doesnt get $7 per album at THIS stage in his career...
No Label, No Dame & Biggs to split with, he is straight indie, and used a major for distribution..... if you wanna say the label is getting the chunk ofthe money... he IS the label, Roc Nation. Atlantic didnt cake off this album at all.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Tuff G0ng wrote:
millionuppercuts wrote:
Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

The Beatles have some serious %*@#*$$ staying power.

Nah, Beatles Rock Band just came out.
You seriously think that's why?
laugh.gif

They just released remastered versions of their albums.
Yeah, they probably released it because of the game.

"Oh yea I remember how much I liked this Beatles song, let me go buy it. Oh look, brand new remastered album, how convenient. "

Rock Band is keeping them relevant. It's probably the younger kids buying the albums.

pimp.gif

and mike Jackson estate continues to grow...

Sony owns the Beatles catalog now not MJ.

And Raekwon did 67,625. He debuted at #4 OVERALL on the Top 200.

So if you don't think that's good, with no real radio burn or marketing, in THIS day and age.......you don't know @%%#.

^ Why are both of those numbers different from the ones posted in the beginning of the thread?

Great numbers for both Jay and Rae if you really think about it, congrats. No need for anyone to discredit either one of them for their sales, especially inthis day and age.

Originally Posted by illphillip

And Raekwon did 67,625. He debuted at #4 OVERALL on the Top 200.

So if you don't think that's good, with no real radio burn or marketing, in THIS day and age.......you don't know @%%#.

QFT

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Great numbers for both Jay and Rae if you really think about it, congrats. No need for anyone to discredit either one of them for their sales, especially in this day and age.
NT always finds a way to discredit
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

smh

HOV is so caked up though...........

anybody know how much he get off each cd?

blackmagnus? own dam indi label

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

its really ignorant to think jay doesnt get $7 per album at THIS stage in his career...
No Label, No Dame & Biggs to split with, he is straight indie, and used a major for distribution..... if you wanna say the label is getting the chunk of the money... he IS the label, Roc Nation. Atlantic didnt cake off this album at all.

I disagree. i think i paid like $10 for the album, i dont remember honestly. but you think you think Target is payin $7 each to purchase and selling for 10? not enough profit to go around for an artist to get 7. I would have to physically see the contract and checks to believe that.

This thread is the complete opposite of the thread when Eminem's first week sales were released

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

No Label, No Dame & Biggs to split with, he is straight indie, and used a major for distribution..... if you wanna say the label is getting the chunk of the money... he IS the label, Roc Nation. Atlantic didnt cake off this album at all.

I disagree. i think i paid like $10 for the album, i dont remember honestly. but you think you think Target is payin $7 each to purchase and selling for 10? not enough profit to go around for an artist to get 7. I would have to physically see the contract and checks to believe that.

You're wrong.

Target might be paying $10 for the album...and they are selling it at no profit just to get customers in the store on Tuesdays.

That's a pretty ridiculous theory.

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

^ Why are both of those numbers different from the ones posted in the beginning of the thread?

I don't know where cats get the numbers that they post on here. I have a Soundscan account. So mine come straight from them on Wednesday AM.

You're wrong.

Target might be paying $10 for the album...and they are selling it at no profit just to get customers in the store on Tuesdays.
Fam, you WAY off.

laugh.gif
@ anyone thinking Hov is getting $7 cold hard dollars off each album.He eating on the backend but he aint getting that. I dont think anyone is really.

Only reason i think he might is cuz he owns all his stuff that he is putting out.

You're wrong.

laugh.gif

at least your consistent with your cluelessness ... homie, you are THE most misinformed person on NT ... the stuff you come up with is hilarious ...

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

You're wrong.

Fam, you WAY off.
Highly unlikely, but not far fetched. Once you're in the store you're likely to buy something else, this has been done before. Just getthem there and let the inventory take care of the rest. But damn Jay probably recovered what he payed def jam to release him on the same night.

What's amazing about this week's sales? A band that broke up forty years ago releases re-mastered material and they sell, in aggregate, 500,000.It's stupifying. And I bought 4 of those 500,000.

Also, Raekwon selling around 70,000 is an indisputable, massive success. If only it was released when the hype for it reached a climax a few years ago.

"Please don't bow in my presence how am I a legend? I just got 10 number one albums, maybe now 11. More hits than a Now 11."

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by all19mjs

what do people mean by em won I dont understand

Em has the highest selling (in a week) album so far of 09.

I didnt know jay and em was competing with each other I didnt hear relapse but bp3 is cool though

Blueprint 3 did good given the circumstances. It did about what I thought before the leak and for an album to not be on iTunes at first to do what he did wasimpressive. Reports are he will be #1 again this week so Blueprint 3 is moving units.

Back
Top Bottom