Cd sales 9-16-09 Vol. Jay Z 465k

Wow Jay, why didnt he have his label buy half his albums to sell a million like Lil Wayne.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Gello 201

That Raekwon thread is up to like 50 pages roughly....Wonder how many people in there hypin the album actually purchased? o_O
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Politics As Usual 22

I don't understand why 70k is good?
independent
little to no promotion
no real radio single
just dropped the album and real *+!%*! went out and supported....

like dude said he was on the radio in CT and said he would've been good with 45k..

and props to Hov for the record sales....those are real good first week numbers in a hip hop world where *+!%*! don't buy albums at all....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Gello 201 wrote: Wonder how many people in there hypin the album actually purchased? o_O
I ain't got no camera or nothing to show ya'll....but I def went out and copped both BP3 and OB4CL2

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Wow Jay, why didnt he have his label buy half his albums to sell a million like Lil Wayne.
Like someone on page one said, his label is HIS label, so its not necessarily thesame. Jigga's independent as well.

And yea, just like how when Ross did slightly better than Jada when they dropped (Even though they're on the same label) Jada came out the winner causeRoss got waaay more promotion, tour, etc. funds. he has to pay back or take out of his revenue.

But yea 450k is damn good. I wanted to cop the Rae but couldn't find it.

Next up CuDi, I'm plannin on seeing that...

450 in the first week
pimp.gif
...i say it all the time Hov has one of the most loyal fans in the game...no matter what he drops they appreciate it props to thatman
pimp.gif

thats a goodlook for Rae also

70k on an Independent label with no promotion or real radio single at all? Yeah that is good to the person above who said it was a failure.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

That Raekwon thread is up to like 50 pages roughly....Wonder how many people in there hypin the album actually purchased? o_O
nerd.gif

I got it the second Best Buy opened on release date.

All I know is that the music Gods were pleased this September. Rae, Cudi, Jay all are
pimp.gif
(in that order too)

Originally Posted by zube42

nerd.gif

2s0ig5g.jpg
grin.gif

Def needed a hard copy for the civic. Mad I missed out on that bonus track though
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by the coolness

Originally Posted by zube42

nerd.gif

Def needed a hard copy for the civic. Mad I missed out on that bonus track though
eyes.gif
I'm real salty. Those two bonus tracks go perfectly with the album too.

Originally Posted by kidjustice19

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by Politics As Usual 22

I don't understand why 70k is good?

It's not. Dudes are making excuses for failure.

how is 70k on an independent a failure?
Word, if he was on a label that would be something you laugh at. But Rae will definitely see decent bread from the 70k.

Back
Top Bottom