Cavaliers are 8-26, was Lebron wrong for leaving them?

its all a plan for the cavs. they get the worst record, they get the #1 draft pick. they start a new era with a new star. cmon theyve changed uniforms and everything and have a new image. like if lebron was never there.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Were we expecting them to be 17-17??? I want 1 person to tell me they were expecting the Cavs to win 40+ games this year..

They suck, but I also think the team just doesn't have it in them..

They have a decent core.. And no superstar.. If you want to make the playoffs, you need a superstar..

They end up with 20-25 wins this year.. If they had a reliable #1 they possibly double their wins....

Look at every team that loses a superstar.. Mid 90's Bulls lost MJ, still had Scottie.. Mid 2000's Lakers lost Shaq, still had Kobe.. Cavs lost LeBron but had who to take over the team??

The Cavs by no means were the greatest team ever.. But to say that in that system they all sucked is a lie... They had no great number 2.. BUT they had a bunch of role players and different pieces and they made that system work.. A system made a bunch of role players and a superstar a REALLY GOOD TEAM.

Remember any team that has a superstar he only gets you 25-30 points a night.. You need other people to give you 60-75points a night also..
Shhhhhhhhhh , common sense and logic doesnt bode well around these parts.

Were we expecting them to be 17-17??? I want 1 person to tell me they were expecting the Cavs to win 40+ games this year..

They suck, but I also think the team just doesn't have it in them..

They have a decent core.. And no superstar.. If you want to make the playoffs, you need a superstar..

They end up with 20-25 wins this year.. If they had a reliable #1 they possibly double their wins....

Look at every team that loses a superstar.. Mid 90's Bulls lost MJ, still had Scottie.. Mid 2000's Lakers lost Shaq, still had Kobe.. Cavs lost LeBron but had who to take over the team??

The Cavs by no means were the greatest team ever.. But to say that in that system they all sucked is a lie... They had no great number 2.. BUT they had a bunch of role players and different pieces and they made that system work.. A system made a bunch of role players and a superstar a REALLY GOOD TEAM.

Remember any team that has a superstar he only gets you 25-30 points a night.. You need other people to give you 60-75points a night also..
Shhhhhhhhhh , common sense and logic doesnt bode well around these parts.

Well considering the fact that LeBron was responsible for damn near 50 pts every night when you add the points he created off his assist with his scoring output he was responsible for damn near 50% of that teams scoring. 

Well considering the fact that LeBron was responsible for damn near 50 pts every night when you add the points he created off his assist with his scoring output he was responsible for damn near 50% of that teams scoring. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

You guys are going to bring up the Cavs are also without Shaq, Z, and West this year as well as Lebron, right? 

People can stop acting like it's the same 11 guys and only Lebron has been taken out of the equation now. 

Obviously, Lebron is the main reason they are now desolate, but there are 3 other pieces missing from last years team, and 2 of them from the year before's team. 

#justsaying
Come on now.

Boobie has more than picked up Delonte's slack. The same Delonte who was hurt/banged up all of last year? The same Delonte who is injured (again) this year and has never played a full season in the NBA? Yeah, the Cavs are really missing him.

Not to mention, Sessions has also taken over Delonte's place.

You also mention Z and Shaq. The same two guys who a. barely play this year or b. have been injury-prone all year thus far. Yes, they certainly would have had an impact on Cleveland's record this year. Not saying that they would have been injured or not playing if they were still w/the Cavs. But you can't be serious naming 2 geriatric guys and making it seem as if they would have had some sort of significant impact.

JJ is putting up the same numbers as Snaq this year.

It's basically the same damn team with the same damn production among the other players MINUS LeBron.

Originally Posted by CP1708

You guys are going to bring up the Cavs are also without Shaq, Z, and West this year as well as Lebron, right? 

People can stop acting like it's the same 11 guys and only Lebron has been taken out of the equation now. 

Obviously, Lebron is the main reason they are now desolate, but there are 3 other pieces missing from last years team, and 2 of them from the year before's team. 

#justsaying
Come on now.

Boobie has more than picked up Delonte's slack. The same Delonte who was hurt/banged up all of last year? The same Delonte who is injured (again) this year and has never played a full season in the NBA? Yeah, the Cavs are really missing him.

Not to mention, Sessions has also taken over Delonte's place.

You also mention Z and Shaq. The same two guys who a. barely play this year or b. have been injury-prone all year thus far. Yes, they certainly would have had an impact on Cleveland's record this year. Not saying that they would have been injured or not playing if they were still w/the Cavs. But you can't be serious naming 2 geriatric guys and making it seem as if they would have had some sort of significant impact.

JJ is putting up the same numbers as Snaq this year.

It's basically the same damn team with the same damn production among the other players MINUS LeBron.

They weren't playing all that bad until LeBron came in there and ripped them to shreds
laugh.gif

They had no guts or balls before that, what would they have after that beating?

They weren't playing all that bad until LeBron came in there and ripped them to shreds
laugh.gif

They had no guts or balls before that, what would they have after that beating?

I want someone to tell me this... 2008-2009 Nets 34-48 2009-2010 Nets 12-70.

Based on this LeBron logic of him creating 40+ wins for the team.......Are we saying 2008-2009 Vince Carter got that team 22 more wins? That is the only major loss they had..

I want someone to tell me this... 2008-2009 Nets 34-48 2009-2010 Nets 12-70.

Based on this LeBron logic of him creating 40+ wins for the team.......Are we saying 2008-2009 Vince Carter got that team 22 more wins? That is the only major loss they had..

Originally Posted by JDB1523

To answer the question: no, LeBron was not wrong to leave the Cavs, players are free to do what they please. He was wrong to quit in the playoffs and then hold a 1-hour TV special so the world could watch a guy who has won nothing make a decision.

QFT

I still support all our teams, I have just accepted the fact it's going to take 10 years for us to get back to where we were, just based on nba history when a major superstar leaves

Examples:
Mj leaves Bulls 1998......Bulls Have Rose 2008
Magic Leave Lakers 91......Lakers get Ring 99-00 season
Shaq leaves Magic 96.......Magic get Dwight 04-05ish
Shawn Kemp Leaves Supersonic 96......Thunder get Durant 06ish
Mark Price Era Cavs Break up 93-94ish.............We got Lebron 03-04ish...............and so on

So in 2020 When we have the first pick and take Lebron James Jr......expect Outtacontrol to make a return to NT with his Coward Self

I still can't believe people on here would post how good his supporting cast was in Cleveland 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JDB1523

To answer the question: no, LeBron was not wrong to leave the Cavs, players are free to do what they please. He was wrong to quit in the playoffs and then hold a 1-hour TV special so the world could watch a guy who has won nothing make a decision.

QFT

I still support all our teams, I have just accepted the fact it's going to take 10 years for us to get back to where we were, just based on nba history when a major superstar leaves

Examples:
Mj leaves Bulls 1998......Bulls Have Rose 2008
Magic Leave Lakers 91......Lakers get Ring 99-00 season
Shaq leaves Magic 96.......Magic get Dwight 04-05ish
Shawn Kemp Leaves Supersonic 96......Thunder get Durant 06ish
Mark Price Era Cavs Break up 93-94ish.............We got Lebron 03-04ish...............and so on

So in 2020 When we have the first pick and take Lebron James Jr......expect Outtacontrol to make a return to NT with his Coward Self

I still can't believe people on here would post how good his supporting cast was in Cleveland 
laugh.gif

So do you want to credit some of those wins to Mike Brown or something? Hell, LeBron took Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall, Big Z, and Daniel Gibson to the finals.

Speaking of this topic though, what is the biggest wins turnaround from 1 season to the next, in the negative direction?

These Cavs have to be on pace

So do you want to credit some of those wins to Mike Brown or something? Hell, LeBron took Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall, Big Z, and Daniel Gibson to the finals.

Speaking of this topic though, what is the biggest wins turnaround from 1 season to the next, in the negative direction?

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

I'd have to guess it was the 98-99 Bulls after Jordan left

EDIT: it was also a Lockout year so maybe that doesn't really "count."

I'd have to guess it was the 98-99 Bulls after Jordan left

EDIT: it was also a Lockout year so maybe that doesn't really "count."

In recent memory the Spurs when they lost Robinson for the season year before they got Timmy...   And yes they are on pace

In recent memory the Spurs when they lost Robinson for the season year before they got Timmy...   And yes they are on pace

Back
Top Bottom