CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER (04/04/14) - BluRay 09/09/14

he aint just cool, he is better than pete by a few leagues
So is Ock. I am done with 616 Spidey now that Pete is back. I don't want none of that.

yeah, he's holding the ultimate universe down

I haven't even read that arc. I heard it actually wasn't that bad though

I'm a stop the spoilers

Alright last one

Yah the Miles and Doc Ock stuff is the only spidey i have read in over a decade unless you include the avengers stories he is in.

Last edited:
Saw the movie yesterday. It was definitely a good way to spend and afternoon. Being the homer that I am it was super dope to see Cleveland in so much of the film, the bridge fight scene, SHIELD lobby, Fury's SUV scene. All cool.

This is from them filming Fury's scene downtown. There was 3 of these lined up and a 4th that was flipped over in the street
View media item 911278

Last edited:
Lol I know Loki pretended to die. I know Fury technically didn't die, he was just close to it. But marvel has to stop with the fake dying thing. It's a cheap trick that they've used for three movies now.

And before you reply with details, yes, I know Coulson really did die.

Last edited:
thor's mom died though
frown.gif

Lol I know Loki pretended to die. I know Fury technically didn't die, he was just close to it. But marvel has to stop with the fake dying thing. It's a cheap trick that they've used for three movies now.

And before you reply with details, yes, I know Coulson really did die.
But it happens in the comics ALL THE TIME
People thinking a character dies only to find out it was a clone or survived at the last minute
don't we get on fox for not sticking with the comics
Marvel sticks to it and people still trippin :lol:

Wait... didn't Uncle Ben come back once? but they found out he was like from another dimension?
For exceptions like that he's come back more than once then. Same for Gwen Stacy. Pete has met alt universe Ben and Gwen a few times and clones.

It's not just a comic book trope. It's an entertainment trope. It's something that's been plagued by Hollywood and tv for a while.

Everything doesn't translate well. You can't see how that would get stale. That's four straight marvel movies with the okie doke...Coulson, Pepper (hate to even mention this smh), Loki, and Fury.

Everything doesn't translate well. You can't see how that would get stale. That's four straight marvel movies with the okie doke...Coulson, Pepper (hate to even mention this smh), Loki, and Fury.
the loki and fury one doesnt really count
loki is a trickster for one
so faking his death is expected
and fury faking his death is as normal as him pissing in the morning
i can give u coulsin and pepper though

Ok I agree with that. I had no problem with Loki and that's why I said earlier Fury's resurrection was predictable. But the point remains. It's an issue that may come back to haunt them, and comic movies as a whole, if they keep relying on it.

Ok I agree with that. I had no problem with Loki and that's why I said earlier Fury's resurrection was predictable. But the point remains. It's an issue that may come back to haunt them, and comic movies as a whole, if they keep relying on it.

I mentioned that earlier. With Cap's eventual rebirth storyline, they're going to that well one too many times, regardless of how "different" each death is.

Yea. With each time they do it, the more it's going to lose it's impact. Just because tropes exist doesn't give you license to overuse it. I'm not expecting Marvel to be the one to stop with this particular trope but that doesn't mean they have to use it every single time.

Lol, if you count agents of shield that's 6 times they've used it in 6 years.

It's losing its impact already, as evidenced by when I wasn't surprised at all to see Fury alive. I was just waiting for it.

I mean, I knew Fury wasn't dead not because of the usage, or Comic origin plot device, but because Sam has a 13 picture deal. :lol:

So, it was easy for me to get he wouldn't be dead for reals.

Doesnt bucky at some point become Capt America?

Btw i didnt know he killed wolverines wife in the comics and that has a totally diff storyline. Man i wish marvel gets the rights back

Last edited:
I mean, I knew Fury wasn't dead not because of the usage, or Comic origin plot device, but because Sam has a 13 picture deal. :lol:

So, it was easy for me to get he wouldn't be dead for reals.

I didnt know he has been contracted for that many movies. He was quoted saying he doesnt have much to do in Avengers 2. Loki has 6 movies tho. I did know that. Fury and Loki's deaths were predictable either way and Fury's ressurection was heavily foreshadowed.

Last edited:
That's a surprisingly high number for Loki. He's not even going to be in the Avengers sequel. When Thor III comes around, it'll make just his fourth appearance.

Back
Top Bottom