CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER (04/04/14) - BluRay 09/09/14

People need to accept the fact that every comic book movie isn't going to be Dark Knight or Avenger level. If you read comics, you should know that because not every run is great. You will get some storylines that are just eh, but eventually you'll get something great. That for me was Thor II. I wasn't mad or will call it a failure, it was just okay. IM3 was a bit different. For me, it was the most enjoyable Iron Man film out of them all, however they butchered the Extremis storyline, Downey did a not so great acting job when trying to convey those panic attacks, and trying to make Pepper a badass just didn't work. However, it was still just okay for me overall. The only bad Marvel film for me was IM2, and I can forgive them for that because they were still experimenting.

IM2 and Thor 1 for me. Hate those movies. The rest are at least okay but I agree with your main point.

People need to accept the fact that every comic book movie isn't going to be Dark Knight or Avenger level.
Why not? :lol:

But really...I'm not that greedy...be the best movie you can be, and if all else fails hitting the emotional beats and moments > action scenes for me. Unless your movie has some next level action or an all-time bad guy...it needs to come through with the characters and story beats in a meaningful way.

Thor 2 didn't matter or mean anything. It had 1 moment the whole movie through that you could just watch the 3rd one and have it explained in 1 sentence, with without missing anything. Like...yeah it probably the best looking action of any of the Marvel movies, but it didn't mean anything. It was a video game. I mean it was a good summer movie for what it was.

Just...I'll take Thor 1. 90s specials effects and Hawkeye in a basket and all.
That movie at least had a real moment every other scene. Didn't appreciate it til I watched it again recently.

And yeah, none of them are really bad except IM2.

Last edited:

Look at these ridiculous characters

crop.jpg

Not too sure where the hate was for IM2. The main complaint I remember hearing was that it was Shield heavy but so was Captain America 2. But Captain America 2 was loved but IM2 was lambasted. The only thing I disliked about IM2 was the climax. It was just underwhelming.

Not too sure where the hate was for IM2. The main complaint I remember hearing was that it was Shield heavy but so was Captain America 2. But Captain America 2 was loved but IM2 was lambasted. The only thing I disliked about IM2 was the climax. It was just underwhelming.

Iron Man 2 was horrible in my opinion. 3 was even better.

I don't understand the hate for Thor 2, I really enjoyed it.

Look at these ridiculous characters

crop.jpg

:lol: But how many characters are more ridiculous than Hit-Girl and Big Daddy?
I liked Super. I loved Hobo With a Shotgun and Beasts of the Southern Wild.

I'll buy into w/e ridiculous ish you're selling, long as you tell it well. And I don't care if your movie cost $100M or $100k.

Just set your rules, make me believe in your characters, and don't have me feeling like you settled for bs or none of the stuff I watched mattered to your characters not no damn bit.

Last edited:
thor's hammer vs cap's shield

???

if i recall - in infinity gauntlet - thanos smashed cap's shield to bits but was stunned by thor's hammer for a moment

Same here.

3 doesn't exist to me

Same here.

3 doesn't exist to me

the SHIELD involvement in IM2 felt forced whereas in CA2 it was well integrated

It literally has nothing memorable about it.

Iron Man villains suck balls. The majority of his rogues gallery is a joke. So with that in mind, you really gotta make the other stuff that makes Tony Stark and his supporting cast appealing and the other movie variables really shine to overcome that. Major problem is Iron Man villains suck and seemingly they approached the story that the villain sucked so lets not put a twist on him or rework the design or something creative. They just slapped the revenge story line on him and moved on.

For a guy like Tony in his world, there probably shouldn't have had so much SHIELD invovlement (it's clear they were pushing the chared cinematic universe) but from another viewpoint it really seemed they were using Stark as their main go to guy for w/e they wanted improvements on and they kept bugging him about the Avengers. I would've preferred Hammer having a bigger role, a deeper look at Tony's celebrity and how he works as a business man but they glossed it over so then I would've preferred more suit stuff and high technology ish. We got what we got instead though.

I think IM2 probably would've benefitted from more than one super villain in it despite the fact that most of his villains suck. Throw in a Living Laser story line

I think someone might've mentioned New York in a throwaway comment but can't be sure. But still, Cap and Black Widow met in the Avengers. In this movie they act like they've known each other for months.

Also the fact that in the Avengers Shield was up and running and in Cap 2 shield was taken down during the climax.

You must not remember the Avengers too well lol..

Last edited:
I think someone might've mentioned New York in a throwaway comment but can't be sure. But still, Cap and Black Widow met in the Avengers. In this movie they act like they've known each other for months.

Also the fact that in the Avengers Shield was up and running and in Cap 2 shield was taken down during the climax.

You must not remember the Avengers too well lol..

Good point. And nah i was one of the fews that didnt really like avengers so i only watched it once.

This movie right here is the best marvel film yet tho. Hands down. Amazing

They do mention changes Tony Stark made to the Helicarrier, as a result of what happened in the Avengers.

Stark Tower/Avengers Tower is also name dropped.

:lol: But how many characters are more ridiculous than Hit-Girl and Big Daddy?
I liked Super. I loved Hobo With a Shotgun and Beasts of the Southern Wild.

I'll buy into w/e ridiculous ish you're selling, long as you tell it well. And I don't care if your movie cost $100M or $100k.

Just set your rules, make me believe in your characters, and don't have me feeling like you settled for bs or none of the stuff I watched mattered to your characters not no damn bit.

idk. I don't think hit-girl is weird by comic book standards. All weirdness can be attributed to being raised by Big Daddy. Big Daddy tho..... Who thinks of characters like him?

Last edited:
Capt america 2 occurs before the first Avengers film right?

Lol no, not at all. What makes you think that?

Jw...maybe i missed it in cap 2 but did they mention what happened during avenegers like they did in IM3?

"New helicarrier has repulsor engines. Stark decided to give us a hand after having a closer look at our older engines..."

I think that's how the line went.

finally got to watch it last night. fighting scenes were dope but I feel like the first one was way better.

Back
Top Bottom