can you the spend the rest of your life with one person?

Monogamy is necessary in order to have an orderly society. I'm glad that others can accomplish this important work.

Those who choose to be monogamous suppress their natural tendencies for "the greater good". There's a reason that marriage talk always involves "sacrifice" in order to make it work.

Also, love and lust (sex) are not one and the same. You can love someone and lust for someone else. The talk of "... if you really love them you wouldn't hurt them.." is complete bull @$+!. One loves his brother, sister, mother, or father, right? How many on this earth have never lied or otherwise hurt their family members in one instance or another throughout their lives?

If marriage was the natural order of the day then one wouldn't need to constantly work on it and "sacrifice". There's nothing "normal" about monogamy.

Monogamy is necessary in order to have an orderly society. I'm glad that others can accomplish this important work.

Those who choose to be monogamous suppress their natural tendencies for "the greater good". There's a reason that marriage talk always involves "sacrifice" in order to make it work.

Also, love and lust (sex) are not one and the same. You can love someone and lust for someone else. The talk of "... if you really love them you wouldn't hurt them.." is complete bull @$+!. One loves his brother, sister, mother, or father, right? How many on this earth have never lied or otherwise hurt their family members in one instance or another throughout their lives?

If marriage was the natural order of the day then one wouldn't need to constantly work on it and "sacrifice". There's nothing "normal" about monogamy.

i have a fear of being stuck...

stuck in a city
stuck in a job
stuck in a relationship

i don't know if its normal or not

i want the great family and all but at this point it scares me...i'm young tho so i'm not worried about it right now...  

as long as i do all the %+$! i want to to do before marriage i have no problem spending my life w/the right person...

so much BS goin on if i find the right one i'm ridin w/that...no rush tho...NOT AT ALL

i have a fear of being stuck...

stuck in a city
stuck in a job
stuck in a relationship

i don't know if its normal or not

i want the great family and all but at this point it scares me...i'm young tho so i'm not worried about it right now...  

as long as i do all the %+$! i want to to do before marriage i have no problem spending my life w/the right person...

so much BS goin on if i find the right one i'm ridin w/that...no rush tho...NOT AT ALL

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by cuppiecakie

I believe you can. If you honestly love that person you should be able to envision yourself with them & only them.

Plus I think that 80/20 rule applies.
Why do you think that is true? I should be asking how do you think that is true. I see holes in that logic.

Well I do agree with you on the point of saying things can get redundant. That's true in any relationship. I guess it's sort of a plateau. But I think it takes work with both parties to make the relationship work.  It's just my opinion that I can see myself with one person, & that's just me.

Originally Posted by cuppiecakie

I believe you can. If you honestly love that person you should be able to envision yourself with them & only them.

Plus I think that 80/20 rule applies.
Why do you think that is true? I should be asking how do you think that is true. I see holes in that logic.

Well I do agree with you on the point of saying things can get redundant. That's true in any relationship. I guess it's sort of a plateau. But I think it takes work with both parties to make the relationship work.  It's just my opinion that I can see myself with one person, & that's just me.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

*Claps*

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

*Claps*

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I'll get married in my mid 40s, that @@% seens like a death sentence.

This. Im in a relationship now, and she sees me as the one she can spend the rest of her life with. Although I prefer to keep it more real and take this great relationship day by day, i can't see myself leaving her either. At the same time, i can't see myself being ready anytime soon to masterlock myself with her yet
grin.gif
idk its just the thought of being married isn't in my sights yet i guess. i love her tho.

OP, its good to come looking for perspective around here but at the end of the day, its all about what you feel you're most comfortable with. I can see how being tied down to one girl can be a drag to some because you want to be out there gettin wild...but when you're 30-35, don't be surprised if you start getting tired of doing the variety, and start longing for just that one girl you can be with.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I'll get married in my mid 40s, that @@% seens like a death sentence.

This. Im in a relationship now, and she sees me as the one she can spend the rest of her life with. Although I prefer to keep it more real and take this great relationship day by day, i can't see myself leaving her either. At the same time, i can't see myself being ready anytime soon to masterlock myself with her yet
grin.gif
idk its just the thought of being married isn't in my sights yet i guess. i love her tho.

OP, its good to come looking for perspective around here but at the end of the day, its all about what you feel you're most comfortable with. I can see how being tied down to one girl can be a drag to some because you want to be out there gettin wild...but when you're 30-35, don't be surprised if you start getting tired of doing the variety, and start longing for just that one girl you can be with.

Originally Posted by jdi23

I want to have a child, but the commitment to the mother for the rest of my life might be a problem. I also want the child to have both parents present. I guess you never know what the future holds in that regard. You may think that this is what I want then the next day you could do a complete 180 and not want that person anymore.
Yea it is puzzling.

I want a sandwich (bread + meat) (wife + child)
But I don't only want bread (wife)
I can deal with just meat (kid)
But I know meat taste better with bread (kid being better person with both parents)

That is how I always looked at it.
laugh.gif
. You WANT both but you don't really want both.

haha, i like that. 

Originally Posted by jdi23

I want to have a child, but the commitment to the mother for the rest of my life might be a problem. I also want the child to have both parents present. I guess you never know what the future holds in that regard. You may think that this is what I want then the next day you could do a complete 180 and not want that person anymore.
Yea it is puzzling.

I want a sandwich (bread + meat) (wife + child)
But I don't only want bread (wife)
I can deal with just meat (kid)
But I know meat taste better with bread (kid being better person with both parents)

That is how I always looked at it.
laugh.gif
. You WANT both but you don't really want both.

haha, i like that. 

Back
Top Bottom