Can We Have A Serious, Mature Discussion on Abortion?

Lots of the women on my moms side were raped when they were younger. My moms cousin was raped as a girl and impregnated. She had the baby and was immediately put up for adoption. Years later the kid searched out his maternal mother. I remember the whole family was distraught. The kid looked just like the father. Family did everything to keep them from meeting. We kept getting letters that he wanted to meet him maternal. My mom went down and told him, he was the result of a rape. Few years later him killed himself. Susposedly he found his paternal father and began a connection but his father never told him. I really young and thought why didn’t she get an abortion?

the abortion topic is a highly debatable and sensitive matter. regardless of the reasoning, it is a tough question. some merit abortion in an unwanted pregnancy whether raped, uprotected sex, genetic disorder and volatile pregnancy. the question comes down to personal morality or humanity. the sickest part of it in my opinion is neglecting or denying the fetus as a non-living, not human and non-person. the fact is it is a human being that is just not yet fully developed or matured. I just hate it when people deny that just to make themselves feel better and avoid feeling guilty. to accept the loss of another being takes a big person to do so and some people don't have that thinking. because of that, can we say those people lack the fundamentals of being considered a human being? No. so a human fetus is not so different considering it could not defend itself. just like this little girl in the video....

I wish people used the same compassion and energy they use to spare or have concern for unborn babies… and also used that SAME ideology in real life.

Narcissism and selfishness is at an all-time high but child birth is where the line is drawn? People go back to their regular scheduled program once it’s all said and done. They go back to be evil
And carefree.

Nobody cares out here

I wish people used the same compassion and energy they use to spare or have concern for unborn babies… and also used that SAME ideology in real life.

Narcissism and selfishness is at an all-time high but child birth is where the line is drawn? People go back to their regular scheduled program once it’s all said and done. They go back to be evil
And carefree.

Nobody cares out here

Yup care so much about unborn children but don't give a d*** about ones out the womb.

Weird as ****

To me abortion isn't a hard decision. If you don't want the child abort it for whatever reason that might be. If you want it keep it. Why bring a child into this world when it's not wanted? Setting it up for a life of hurt and pain.

Everyone is different, and everyone’s experiences are valid.

Deciding on abortion or birth was the hardest decision I’ve ever made in my life. It was stressful, and emotionally draining. I pray we never have to go through that again.

Everyone is different, and everyone’s experiences are valid.

Deciding on abortion or birth was the hardest decision I’ve ever made in my life. It was stressful, and emotionally draining. I pray we never have to go through that again.
true. it's also unthinkable that someone would say you are giving that unborn child a favor by aborting the child. now that is just a twisted mindset. there are a lot of willing childless parents out there that are willing to go and adopt after motherless children. some even go to the extent of adopting newborn babies that are thrown out in the garbage.

a logical mindset would be that, every child deserves a parent and not all parents deserve a child.

Contraception, same sex marriage, maybe even interracial marriage

Won't be surprised how far they will go.

I think interracial marriage is safe. Clarence himself is married to a white woman. Mitch's wife is Asian.

Lots of the women on my moms side were raped when they were younger. My moms cousin was raped as a girl and impregnated. She had the baby and was immediately put up for adoption. Years later the kid searched out his maternal mother. I remember the whole family was distraught. The kid looked just like the father. Family did everything to keep them from meeting. We kept getting letters that he wanted to meet him maternal. My mom went down and told him, he was the result of a rape. Few years later him killed himself. Susposedly he found his paternal father and began a connection but his father never told him. I really young and thought why didn’t she get an abortion?

That is actually a very sad thing to hear for all parties involved. Is your family religious? Could that have been part of the reason why she didn't have an abortion? This example is why people need to stop acting like the solution to abortion is just giving the kid up for adoption. Yes plenty of children have been adopted into very loving homes. But, at the end of the day when the children want to find out where they came from and who their parents are. It can open up some wounds that most people would rather keep closed. Now people are dealing with a whole bunch of other issues on top of the ones they already have. Personally, I think a woman should be able to decide what to do with her body whatever the circumstances. It shouldn't be as extreme as rape for her to be allowed to get one. Bringing more children into this already cruel world isn't the answer. Most of the people against it are hypocrites. Claim to care so much about these unborn children, and using religion to back them up. Where are they when it comes to kids who are already here? How many children are in foster care, are being abused daily by wicked people? Who's saving them? Are these christians, and anti-abortion folk trying to help them? It's a mistake to force a woman to keep a child she doesn't want. We have enough horrible parents in the world as it is, we don't need more.

Yup care so much about unborn children but don't give a d*** about ones out the womb.
Weird as ****

To me abortion isn't a hard decision. If you don't want the child abort it for whatever reason that might be. If you want it keep it. Why bring a child into this world when it's not wanted? Setting it up for a life of hurt and pain.

Basically.

true. it's also unthinkable that someone would say you are giving that unborn child a favor by aborting the child. now that is just a twisted mindset. there are a lot of willing childless parents out there that are willing to go and adopt after motherless children. some even go to the extent of adopting newborn babies that are thrown out in the garbage.

a logical mindset would be that, every child deserves a parent and not all parents deserve a child.

I agree with your last statement, but there aren't enough people or couples out there who are willing to take on the burden of adopting most of the unwanted children out there. As for your first statement, look at the world we're living in today. Is it really that unthinkable to believe that the unborn child is being granted a favor? When you have fathers killing their own children in cold blood. I'm talking infants to toddlers. Mothers allowing their baby daughters to be raped by their boyfriends. Or parents just abusing their kids period. Is this really the best option for a child? From a religious standpoint, since they seem to be the most vocal group against it. Wouldn't that innocent child be in heaven with GOD? Why even subject him/her to the cruelty of this place?

I agree with your last statement, but there aren't enough people or couples out there who are willing to take on the burden of adopting most of the unwanted children out there. As for your first statement, look at the world we're living in today. Is it really that unthinkable to believe that the unborn child is being granted a favor? When you have fathers killing their own children in cold blood. I'm talking infants to toddlers. Mothers allowing their baby daughters to be raped by their boyfriends. Or parents just abusing their kids period. Is this really the best option for a child? From a religious standpoint, since they seem to be the most vocal group against it. Wouldn't that innocent child be in heaven with GOD? Why even subject him/her to the cruelty of this place?

I mean I think that is just a wild statement to make out loud.
Also, looking at the number of individuals that have come from unforgiving circumstances should make any of us unqualified in predicting the future for any child.

Yes, I acknowledge stats support being born into unfavorable socio-economic situations reduces the amount of "success" a person sees in their life but saying someone was done a favor by not being born? That's wild as hell to say.

I mean I think that is just a wild statement to make out loud.
Also, looking at the number of individuals that have come from unforgiving circumstances should make any of us unqualified in predicting the future for any child.

Yes, I acknowledge stats support being born into unfavorable socio-economic situations reduces the amount of "success" a person sees in their life but saying someone was done a favor by not being born? That's wild as hell to say.
True enough. the thing is give that child a chance on life. I hate it when people say that they are giving that child a favor by killing that child. that is just senseless and selfish mindset. in the end, that mindset is still according to you and not the child's decision if it wants to live or not. regardless of how the world is, it is born into this world. as far as killing goes, that is exactly the twisted ideology that ended the lives of children in the jonestown massacre. can you also say that it was ok that the children at the Uvalde massacre got killed and the killer gave them a favor?

True enough. the thing is give that child a chance on life. I hate it when people say that they are giving that child a favor by killing that child. that is just senseless and selfish mindset. in the end, that mindset is still according to you and not the child's decision if it wants to live or not. regardless of how the world is, it is born into this world. as far as killing goes, that is exactly the twisted ideology that ended the lives of children in the jonestown massacre. can you also say that it was ok that the children at the Uvalde massacre got killed and the killer gave them a favor?

Yep.

Not sure how this can be argued.

It isn't up to man to determine if another human should or shouldn't have an OPPORTUNITY.

I am sure if we combed through history, many BLACK contributors to society and see if they "deserved" a chance to live based on their pre-birth conditions we would see a LOT of folks beat the odds.

Damn Nat Turner was born into SLAVERY. Look at what HE accomplished. How more unfavorable could his conditions have been?

So again, who are WE to say, "Ah they are in Heaven at least. We did them a favor by not allowing them to set foot on earth."

Again, wild as well.

Yep.

Not sure how this can be argued.

It isn't up to man to determine if another human should or shouldn't have an OPPORTUNITY.

I am sure if we combed through history, many BLACK contributors to society and see if they "deserved" a chance to live based on their pre-birth conditions we would see a LOT of folks beat the odds.

Damn Nat Turner was born into SLAVERY. Look at what HE accomplished. How more unfavorable could his conditions have been?

So again, who are WE to say, "Ah they are in Heaven at least. We did them a favor by not allowing them to set foot on earth."

Again, wild as well.
from my recollection, Oprah didn't have a good childhood either and was subject to abuse and racism. She ended up one of the most influential and powerful women in the U.S.

Women gonna be aborting their babies legally or not.

They gonna take Plan B off the shelves too?

Back
Top Bottom