Can we get a R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul thread?

Amerie - Why Dont We Fall In Love (Kaytranada Edition)

This producer from Montreal is known to remix r&b songs specifically from the 90s. This one's pretty good...

Janelle's new song is pretty cool, has a party vibe. I guess she's done with the android character? Maybe she's going to touch on more traditional subjects now?

Alicia Keys & Maxwell - Fire We Make

Song's ok but Alicia looking nice as always... When's Maxwell's new release coming out? Couple of years back he was supposed to have 3 albums coming out. His last one was meh... I'm waiting for him to bring back that Urban Hang Suite magic back. He needs to hook up with Stuart Matthewman again like ASAP...

And if you like what you hear. His mixtape dropped today!

http://www.datpiff.com/Adrian-Marcel-7-Days-Of-Weak-mixtape.481892.html

Jose James - Visions of Violet (produced by Flying Lotus)

Flying Lotus whose the grand nephew of John & Alice Coltrane is working on a jazz album... Had to post this song & seemed appropriate in here.

^ :pimp: Nice video and the single is dope, creative stuff from her and Erykah as always

I was never 100% sure before, but I'm pretty sure she's playing for that other team lol

^ :pimp: Nice video and the single is dope, creative stuff from her and Erykah as always

I was never 100% sure before, but I'm pretty sure she's playing for that other team lol

Yea she got them goods Ms. Monae is one of the few artists that I'll make a purchase for.

Some random older Euro joints from my youth and some American....

Personal fave....

Fatboy Slim's first group...

Now to America....

Young Luther!

May have posted this in here already....

Later remade by Cathy Dennis....

Also by Fonda Rae and sampled quite a bit....

Last edited:
Favorites on the house tip....lemme know if this ain't the place......

Dead ***....one of my all time favorites. Always makes me smile. Played TWICE at my wedding.

Don't let nobody tell you different. It was dudes in the hood rocking with some of these records. Rappers had "house" records on albums. Hip House popped off. Doug Lazy. Twin Hype. Rob Base "Get On The Dance Floor". King Sun did a Hip House record and Sun is no joke.

I ain't even put up any BlackBox. HA!

Randomly listening through Spotify right now and came across this woman. Such a captivating voice, you can stream her EP "Patchwork" here

Episode 4 of the D'Angelo and ?uestlove super jam from Bonnaroo last year. The previous 3 episodes which I've shared via previous posts in this thread are also in spoiler mode below.

[VIDEO

Last edited:
Thundercat - Heartbreaks + Setbacks & Walkin'

Surprised Thundercat hasn't been posted in here yet. Sad that Austin Peralta is playing keys on Walkin' (RIP). I think that's him on the other song too. Props for casting Havana Ginger in the Walkin' vid though... :smokin

Posted an interview with him & frequent collaborator Flying Lotus (think he worked on both songs too) getting asked random questions in spoiler mode below.

Back
Top Bottom