Can we get a R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul thread?

Keith Sweat kills this

After The Dance - I like Brown Sugar, but to me Voodoo was an evolution of an artist. It's D'Angelo going Super Saiyan times infinity. There wasn't an r & b artist then (when it was released) & now that's come close to making that soulful of a record from beginning to end. That's my 2 cents for what it's worth...Glad you like the SOS cover.

AJV23 - If you're going to mention Keith Sweat, you gotta post this song....

Keith Sweat - Make It Last Forever

Last edited:
Jeremih - Keep It Moving (ft. Marcus French)

I'm not familiar with this dude, but I heard this playing on a soundtrack to DJ Jazzy Jeff's web series called Vinyl Destinations. I liked it enough to Shazam it so I thought I'd share. Nice use of the Ronnie Foster sample (Mystic Brew) that ATQC used (second song I posted in here using that beat)...

John Legend - The Beginning

I'm not the biggest JL fan because I find a lot of his music very generic & bland. He's very talented though, I just think he needs to work with a solid producer that can bring the best out of him & edit him. I think the same of Alicia Keys. Having said that, I like this new tune that's supposed to be on his upcoming album.

The Spinners - That's What Girls Are Made & I'll Be Around

Damn, I just heard Bobbie Smith passed away at age 76... RIP... I remember my pops playing I'll Be Around on the stereo a lot back in the day.

Last edited:
Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines

Song is nice but damn Pharrell really jacked Marvin Gaye's Got To Give It Up...

Last edited:
Questlove and D'Angelo SuperJam (Bonnaroo365 - episode 1)

This is episode 1 of 4. The song featured in the vid is a song by The Time, My Summertime Thing written by Prince. I tried finding the original on youtube but they didn't have the vid...

Last edited:
?uestlove & others put together a Prince tribute recently at Carnegie Hall. There was a wide & diverse range of artist that perform from Talib Kweli, Bilal, The Water Boys, Chris Rock, fDeluxe (fka The Family), Maya Rudolph and Gretchen Lieberum (collectively known as Princess), Alice Smith & Citizen Cope, Bhi Bhiman, Booker T. Jones, Elvis Costello, Bettye Lavette, Blind Boys of Alabama, Sandra Bernhard, Fred Armisen, Devoshka, D’Angelo, & The Waterboys.

I've been waiting to see if anyone captured the even on video, but nada (yet). There are a few vids on youtube but either the video and/or the audio quality sucks. I hate watching lo quality stuff. I did however find the following video from Okay Player's youtube channel. It's funny/interesting to see what Wendy & Lisa look like now.

Wuddup NT.  Reintroducing myself to NT (it was taking too long to verify my old NT account) and wanted to contribute to this thread.  Love music, especially some good R&B.

Didn't get to go through the entire thread so forgive me if I repeat some songs.  Want to post some overlooked artist that should get recognition.

Yeah Daley sounds like a chick, but this song is amazing!

Some other stuff from Bilal.

PJ Morton ft Stevie Wonder- Only One.

Denitia Odigie - The Closer I Get To You & Weekend

Nice Roberta Flack cover...

Nice post as usual DT43... Can't wait until his new album drops...

Last edited:
The Miguel Atwood-Ferguson Ensemble - Walk On By (ft. Zap Mama), Someday We'll All Be Free (ft Bilal), & Deliver the Word (ft Aloe Blacc - GangStarr tribute)

All 3 are blazing covers. Love Aloe Blacc getting his rhyme on in tribute to Keith Elam aka Guru, RIP.

Last edited:
Cherrelle - I Didn't Mean To Turn You On, Everything I Miss At Home, & Saturday Love (ft. Alexander O'Neal)

^^^

Dope. And "Saturday Love" is my **** for real. "You stay on my miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind"!

Tara Kemp "Hold You Tight".

Denitia Odigie - The Closer I Get To You & Weekend

Nice Roberta Flack cover...

Nice post as usual DT43... Can't wait until his new album drops...

Anyone feeling these Denitia songs should check her collaborative work with Sene

great r&b music

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom