Can we get a R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul thread?

Lucy Pearl - Dance Tonight

I remember seeing Lucy Pearl open for D'Angelo during the first leg of his Voodoo tour... My wife & I had 3rd row seats. Dawn Robinson looked even better in person...It was such a good show...

Zhane - Crush

Last edited:
D'Angelo & ?uestlove - Africa & The Root (Live @ Brooklyn Bowl 3/14/13)

Some more performances from D & ?uestlove at the Brooklyn Bowl... In all seriousness, how many artists today can sound this soulful & bad with just a keyboard & drums...Nada, except for D (& Ms. Badu)...

Didn't see any Mint Condition posted

Kelly Price - Not My Daddy (ft. Stokely - Mint Condition)

I posted this somewhere on the first couple of pages of this thread.... Quintessential Mint Condition/Stokely sound/production...

I know they're good musicians, but isn't Mint Condition really just Stokely & them other dudes? :lol:

Last edited:
Prince - Plectrum Electrum

Footage courtesy of photographer Madison Dube of Prince & his all girl band rehearsing for his SXSW gig... Proof Prince is one of the top 5 all time great musicians of all time & why he's still as relevant today as when he first started...

Mutya, Keisha, & Siobhan - Lay Down in Swimming Pools

We post enough UK groups/singers in here don't we? This group used to be called the Sugarbabes. They're currently in the studio with Dev Hynes (Blood Orange). Kendrick Lamar song has spawned a lot of songs jacking his beat & chorus... This one isn't too bad.

Mutya, Keisha, & Siobhan - Lay Down in Swimming Pools

We post enough UK groups/singers in here don't we? This group used to be called the Sugarbabes. They're currently in the studio with Dev Hynes (Blood Orange). Kendrick Lamar song has spawned a lot of songs jacking his beat & chorus... This one isn't too bad.

That's pretty dope. I've heard some of their other stuff and wasn't really feeling it

I think I might have posted these before but in another thread. Two more artists from across the pond, Laura Mvula and Lulu James.

Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up

Might be my favorite MG song right now...

Last edited:
D'Angelo & ?uestlove - Tell Me If You Still Care (Live At Brooklyn Bowl 3/4/13)

Vodoo is one of my all time favorite albums (in my top 5). Can't wait for D's new release.... Here he is with ?uestlove covering the SOS classic...

This is so beautiful. 

edit* Side topic: Am I the only one who's always liked Brown Sugar a touch more than Voodoo? Not saying one is any better or more important than the other, but I listen to BS all the way through. If I'm not in the mood I can't say the same about Voodoo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom