BYU: Brandon Davies - what did he even do?

roll.gif
BYU losing by 20

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Kind of sad and silly at the same time when you picture this kid damn near in tears saying he's sorry and that he's remorseful and heartbroken over having sex with his girlfriend. Almost mind blowing these days that such an honor code would exist.
Why? Don't go to the school if you can't follow the code. It's pretty simple.

Mainstream America doesn't get to dictate what is socially acceptable in other circles.

Kind of sad and silly at the same time when you picture this kid damn near in tears saying he's sorry and that he's remorseful and heartbroken over having sex with his girlfriend. Almost mind blowing these days that such an honor code would exist.

Mainstream America doesn't get to dictate what is socially acceptable in other circles.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

QFT

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

QFT

Originally Posted by mco85

Why a non mormon would go to BYU is beyond me
He was adopted by a Mormon Family at the age of 4. Lived 4 mins from the campus. He didn't have much choice,

He was adopted by a Mormon Family at the age of 4. Lived 4 mins from the campus. He didn't have much choice,

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Sure he did, plenty of athletes leave home to go to school, and dude can play Im sure he had offers to go elsewhere. If he wanted to go to BYU then by all means go, but you know the rules before you sign on. Dude +!%%!@ it up for the whole team

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Sure he did, plenty of athletes leave home to go to school, and dude can play Im sure he had offers to go elsewhere. If he wanted to go to BYU then by all means go, but you know the rules before you sign on. Dude +!%%!@ it up for the whole team

I don't know why any elite athlete (including Mormon) would risk going to BYU. I don't know about this Davies kid and his pro prospects, but if I got a chance to be set for life by playing a sport, I'm not going to a school that could take it all away from me because some bunny let me PIIHB.

It's like this, I hate eating squash, can't stand the smell or how it feels in your mouth. But if there's a college that would kick me out for eating squash, I wouldn't go there. Why would I even risk it My taste my change over the 4 year period. So that's how I feel about BYU, why would you risk it when you can go to another school and not have to worry about your future if you succumb to temptation (even if you are LDS).

I don't know why any elite athlete (including Mormon) would risk going to BYU. I don't know about this Davies kid and his pro prospects, but if I got a chance to be set for life by playing a sport, I'm not going to a school that could take it all away from me because some bunny let me PIIHB.

It's like this, I hate eating squash, can't stand the smell or how it feels in your mouth. But if there's a college that would kick me out for eating squash, I wouldn't go there. Why would I even risk it My taste my change over the 4 year period. So that's how I feel about BYU, why would you risk it when you can go to another school and not have to worry about your future if you succumb to temptation (even if you are LDS).

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

roll.gif
BYU losing by 20

And they lost. Maybe not all because of Davies. Jimmer and Jackson shot a combined 4-18 from three point land.. Maybe on the rebounding side where it was something like 42-22, BYU was sorely lacking there.. Davies or no Davies, it's a loss tonight... Thats strictly from a numbers perspective. When you consider swirling emotion and controversy off the court, almost all focus is lost on the game ahead.

I agree with the first part of what you said. After that, I wasn't saying mainstream America should dictate anything. From my perspective, it's easy to forget that such circles still exist.

It's like this, I hate eating squash, can't stand the smell or how it feels in your mouth. But if there's a college that would kick me out for eating squash, I wouldn't go there. Why would I even risk it? My taste might change over the 4 year period. So that's how I feel about BYU, why would you risk it when you can go to another school and not have to worry about your future if you succumb to temptation (even if you are LDS).

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

roll.gif
BYU losing by 20

And they lost. Maybe not all because of Davies. Jimmer and Jackson shot a combined 4-18 from three point land.. Maybe on the rebounding side where it was something like 42-22, BYU was sorely lacking there.. Davies or no Davies, it's a loss tonight... Thats strictly from a numbers perspective. When you consider swirling emotion and controversy off the court, almost all focus is lost on the game ahead.

It's like this, I hate eating squash, can't stand the smell or how it feels in your mouth. But if there's a college that would kick me out for eating squash, I wouldn't go there. Why would I even risk it? My taste might change over the 4 year period. So that's how I feel about BYU, why would you risk it when you can go to another school and not have to worry about your future if you succumb to temptation (even if you are LDS).

I agree with the first part of what you said. After that, I wasn't saying mainstream America should dictate anything. From my perspective, it's easy to forget that such circles still exist.

I went to the University of Utah for awhile so when I saw the story I kinda laughed. It was, and still is, a pretty heated rivalry
laugh.gif

Sucks for the dude and I disagree with it but its not like the made the rule last week. Thats how its been forever.

I remember awhile back there was a girl on the Real World on MTV who was a student at BYU, but got kicked out of school for either rooming with a male or it could have been drinking. Either way pretty sure its an honor code violation to even say the name Real World
laugh.gif

Its just like any other school though, there are those who break the rules.But if your in an influential position you're definitely going to be punished harder than just a standard student

Dont let the stories fool you tho not all mormons are crazy. Most of em are real nice ppl they just follow some strict religious rules. They have a lot of say on what goes on in the state tho.I think the whole seperation of church and state idea didnt get thru to Utah
laugh.gif
 A lot off ppl complain about it, but never move. Never understood that

Davies is probably better off though as weird as it sounds. Better it happen earlier than his senior year before the draft or graduation or whatever he decides to do

I went to the University of Utah for awhile so when I saw the story I kinda laughed. It was, and still is, a pretty heated rivalry
laugh.gif

Sucks for the dude and I disagree with it but its not like the made the rule last week. Thats how its been forever.

I remember awhile back there was a girl on the Real World on MTV who was a student at BYU, but got kicked out of school for either rooming with a male or it could have been drinking. Either way pretty sure its an honor code violation to even say the name Real World
laugh.gif

Its just like any other school though, there are those who break the rules.But if your in an influential position you're definitely going to be punished harder than just a standard student

Dont let the stories fool you tho not all mormons are crazy. Most of em are real nice ppl they just follow some strict religious rules. They have a lot of say on what goes on in the state tho.I think the whole seperation of church and state idea didnt get thru to Utah
laugh.gif
 A lot off ppl complain about it, but never move. Never understood that

Davies is probably better off though as weird as it sounds. Better it happen earlier than his senior year before the draft or graduation or whatever he decides to do

Back
Top Bottom