BYU: Brandon Davies - what did he even do?

There are stories of fellow students snitching on you for things such as wearing new shoes at a dance, your hair being 1/4 inch on your collar. It could be literally anything.

But the funny thing about the honor code is that when you are on the playing field or court, it's really all thrown out the window. These guys cuss, complain, and do all sorts of normal things you would expect

I can respect having an honor code, and have a lot of respect for those who can abide by it.

That being said, too restrictive of a lifestyle for a young person to live by IMO.  Everyone needs to get that crazy stage out of the way during college.

*Goes to reflect on some
pimp.gif

I can respect having an honor code, and have a lot of respect for those who can abide by it.

That being said, too restrictive of a lifestyle for a young person to live by IMO.  Everyone needs to get that crazy stage out of the way during college.

*Goes to reflect on some
pimp.gif

Honor code or no honor code, it doesn't seem very christian or humane to throw the kid aside like that when he's got a baby to deal with soon enough. That's just cold-blooded, especially if his scholarship is revoked and he can't even attend classes to graduate.

Honor code or no honor code, it doesn't seem very christian or humane to throw the kid aside like that when he's got a baby to deal with soon enough. That's just cold-blooded, especially if his scholarship is revoked and he can't even attend classes to graduate.

Then there's the kicker. BYU as it was trying to realign itself in Football went through all kinds of bribes and blackmail scenarios as it vied for more money out of the MWC pool. MWC counterstriked by getting two teams out of the WAC, a conference BYU was trying to get all of it's other sports in... BYU says they live by the code, but do they really or are they just enforcers? It kind of opens up a world of second guessing.

Then there's the kicker. BYU as it was trying to realign itself in Football went through all kinds of bribes and blackmail scenarios as it vied for more money out of the MWC pool. MWC counterstriked by getting two teams out of the WAC, a conference BYU was trying to get all of it's other sports in... BYU says they live by the code, but do they really or are they just enforcers? It kind of opens up a world of second guessing.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

you ever heard soem of McMahons stories?????

Lived.The.Life.
A walking honor code violation
laugh.gif

Him in Provo is like having R.Kelly as JV girls b-ball coach...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

you ever heard soem of McMahons stories?????

Lived.The.Life.
A walking honor code violation
laugh.gif

Him in Provo is like having R.Kelly as JV girls b-ball coach...

i'm assuming the only way we'll have any idea of what exactly happened is through Jimmer's brother subtly dropping hints in a verse.

i'm assuming the only way we'll have any idea of what exactly happened is through Jimmer's brother subtly dropping hints in a verse.

I went to a christian school to play basketball. Someone snapped a pic where I was in the background on new years with a beer in my hand. Girl who was notorious for stalking Facebook looking for pictures like this. Bam!! I'm suspended for 6 games. Mind you I was 21 and it was new years. Come on. I mean I knew we weren't supposed to but didn't know we had snipers looking for us.

I went to a christian school to play basketball. Someone snapped a pic where I was in the background on new years with a beer in my hand. Girl who was notorious for stalking Facebook looking for pictures like this. Bam!! I'm suspended for 6 games. Mind you I was 21 and it was new years. Come on. I mean I knew we weren't supposed to but didn't know we had snipers looking for us.

laugh.gif
talking about religious schools, I always wondered how decimated SJU would be with a strict Honor Code. +*+% would be bad, even most of the coaching staff now would be kicked to the curb.

I can definitely respect BYU for the HC though, like everyone says it's the players' choice to go there so they gotta abide by their rules.

laugh.gif
talking about religious schools, I always wondered how decimated SJU would be with a strict Honor Code. +*+% would be bad, even most of the coaching staff now would be kicked to the curb.

I can definitely respect BYU for the HC though, like everyone says it's the players' choice to go there so they gotta abide by their rules.

Being kicked off the team is fair. But if you're going to do that, you need to kick him out of school at the same time. He didn't break a team rule. He broke the school's code. If the school is taking the time to review his situation, why is he kicked off the team immediately? How are non-athletes who commit the same offense punished? 

Being kicked off the team is fair. But if you're going to do that, you need to kick him out of school at the same time. He didn't break a team rule. He broke the school's code. If the school is taking the time to review his situation, why is he kicked off the team immediately? How are non-athletes who commit the same offense punished? 

Mormons, Catholics, and Jehovah Witnesses are religious groups I can just not get down with. Dude a fool for going there anyway.

Kicked dude off the team because he got some buns??? Right before the tournament???
laugh.gif
FOH
laugh.gif
And they had a chance to at least make the elite eight. And the other thing is, who snitched?

And you know they wanted to make an example out of the black guy. A dummy and dummies.

Mormons, Catholics, and Jehovah Witnesses are religious groups I can just not get down with. Dude a fool for going there anyway.

Kicked dude off the team because he got some buns??? Right before the tournament???
laugh.gif
FOH
laugh.gif
And they had a chance to at least make the elite eight. And the other thing is, who snitched?

And you know they wanted to make an example out of the black guy. A dummy and dummies.

Back
Top Bottom