Buyin A New Whip..Got $80K To Spend...Need Help Deciding!!!..

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

who has 80k to spend on a car and goes through ebay and autotrader?
laugh.gif
This post is dumb on so many levels...

80 k isn't going to get you a Maseratti. But yes that would be in my top 3

I think he could get something like an 07' maseratti for under or around 80k....those things depreciate like none other...

You can def get a Maseratti for around 80K. I would go with an S-Class...Holla at me if you serious about coppin. I can get you a sweet deal.

Originally Posted by RFX45

For $80k, get yourself a used Ferrari F355. Maintenance will be a PITA but it's a Goddamn Ferrari.

Do NOT buy a 355 if your budget is 80k.

Originally Posted by THockey66

For $80k, get yourself a used Ferrari F355. Maintenance will be a PITA but it's a Goddamn Ferrari.

Do NOT buy a 355 if your budget is 80k.
Thockey, so you still lurking around. hehe. Probably the best guy to give an input when it comes to Ferrari's. Other than maintenance, any otherreason why it's not a good idea?

out of that list M5 they are a steal right now for around $65k but for the best move S5 all day with money to spare...

Thockey, so you still lurking around. hehe. Probably the best guy to give an input when it comes to Ferrari's. Other than maintenance, any other reason why it's not a good idea?

As fabulous as the 355 is, i certainly wouldnt/couldnt drive it on a daily basis. Its somewhat cramped inside and the ride is far from smooth. The caritself runs very hot in stock form, and even hotter with an aftermarket exhaust. To give you an idea on how hot is runs, you could honestly scramble eggs ontop of the engine bonnet after an hour of spirited driving. You need to warm the car up for atleast 5 minutes before driving, and pop the bonnet to let it cooldown after driving. The F1 transmission on it is absolute garbage, and its over 15k+ for the F1 pump alone if it should go bad. With the manual version, itsvery rough when the car is cold. Getting into 2nd gear is not easy if the car has not been properly warmed up.

No one said Ferrari ownership would be cheap/easy. Is it worth it? To some yes, others not so much.

Originally Posted by THockey66

Thockey, so you still lurking around. hehe. Probably the best guy to give an input when it comes to Ferrari's. Other than maintenance, any other reason why it's not a good idea?

As fabulous as the 355 is, i certainly wouldnt/couldnt drive it on a daily basis. Its somewhat cramped inside and the ride is far from smooth. The car itself runs very hot in stock form, and even hotter with an aftermarket exhaust. To give you an idea on how hot is runs, you could honestly scramble eggs on top of the engine bonnet after an hour of spirited driving. You need to warm the car up for atleast 5 minutes before driving, and pop the bonnet to let it cool down after driving. The F1 transmission on it is absolute garbage, and its over 15k+ for the F1 pump alone if it should go bad. With the manual version, its very rough when the car is cold. Getting into 2nd gear is not easy if the car has not been properly warmed up.

No one said Ferrari ownership would be cheap/easy. Is it worth it? To some yes, others not so much.
Thanks for the detailed info. Damn, I guess I'll stick on getting a new Porsche first instead.

@+%# buying a car with that kind of money i'd have crazy projects.. like an 86 corolla with a V12 or something... lols

Originally Posted by Vancity74

laugh.gif
This post is dumb on so many levels...

yet you haven't listed any... way to take the dumbness level up a notch.

justballin11 wrote:
add $20,000 and get a Tesla

Tesla is going to be very limited and you'll probably wait a couple of years to get your order. it's weird because they opened a dealership inCA without any cars built. They're only taking orders and I think only offering a hundred or so Tesla's a year.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

laugh.gif

why not though?...people are rich b/c they know to find deals and save their money.

btw...my choice?
mercedes-cls-63-amg-facelift-photos-leaked.jpg

no question about it... thing looks like sex on wheels.

I agree with Dirt.
Everytime I see one of these I break my neck.

Is the warranty still good even if you buy from a private party? I would think they'd try to !%#+ you over and say its not valid since it switched hands

Back
Top Bottom