Bulls offseason Thread

id be outside the uc with a torch if that happens

Deng and booze need to go honestly. Move him for Gordon since NO has a surplus. If youre going to pay the luxury tax, i would rather we pay it for someone with upside. Dengs career is in the 2nd half while gordons is still on the come up.

Deng and booze need to go honestly. Move him for Gordon since NO has a surplus. If youre going to pay the luxury tax, i would rather we pay it for someone with upside. Dengs career is in the 2nd half while gordons is still on the come up.
I disagree with your statement when it comes to Deng... I personally liked what I saw from Luol in the first preseason game. I don't have a shot chart from that game, but I thought most of his shots came off slashing and were in the paint, which is what he does best. He was 4/16, but most of those attempts were him being aggressive and slashing/attacking the basket. As long as he plays that way and stops trying to be a creator then I don't think there are too many SF's better on both ends of the floor... I would rather he walk as a FA and gain cap space then trade him for E Gordon and be trapped into that contract... I don't want damaged goods at 14-15M/year for the next 2-3 years...  

Boozer on the other hand, yes he needs to go...

I disagree with your statement when it comes to Deng... I personally liked what I saw from Luol in the first preseason game. I don't have a shot chart from that game, but I thought most of his shots came off slashing and were in the paint, which is what he does best. He was 4/16, but most of those attempts were him being aggressive and slashing/attacking the basket. As long as he plays that way and stops trying to be a creator then I don't think there are too many SF's better on both ends of the floor... I would rather he walk as a FA and gain cap space then trade him for E Gordon and be trapped into that contract... I don't want damaged goods at 14-15M/year for the next 2-3 years...  

But youre paying 15 million now in damaged goods in deng... id rather pay a younger player with more upside. Deng wants a nice deal, and if im the bulls he is gone.

Boozer really pisses me off. I hope he goes back to Alaska. I'm expecting Butler to create more in the halfcourt offense.

Am I the only one who really doesn't like the new offense, it seems unrealistic at times to expect this to work when the regular season begins. When looking at the past 2 games the offense looks like hey we wanna prove we dont need rose to score to win games. Im perfectly happy being wrong but i just dont see it translating into regular season

I like the offense. If we try to run every play through Rose, smart defensive teams will just exploit that in the playoffs.

I like the offense. If we try to run every play through Rose, smart defensive teams will just exploit that in the playoffs.

Ditto. The spacing obviously needs work but that can be addressed with practice and time.

I like the off-ball movement for Rose. Some of you may notice there's more pinch-post action similar to the Triangle. To me this is great because it takes advantage of Jo's and Booz's passing to cutters, etc. Last year it was motion-heavy and it was almost borderline predictable.

The lineups seem more versatile too, maybe moving away from Thibs' preference of a PG-centric offense.

my belief stems from as I said I only see this working in preseason.... maybe im just under estimating the rest of the team ability to dribble, set up the play, and execute. We have thee best pg in the league imo you have to go with that

my belief stems from as I said I only see this working in preseason.... maybe im just under estimating the rest of the team ability to dribble, set up the play, and execute. We have thee best pg in the league imo you have to go with that

It didn't work when they loaded up on him though in the ECF.

Like you said it's preseason. This offense is more read n react rather than strict set plays. Give them time to acclimate and run it well.

It didn't work when they loaded up on him though in the ECF.

Like you said it's preseason. This offense is more read n react rather than strict set plays. Give them time to acclimate and run it well.

Your right about that i should give it time to develop.....i guess in an ideal world id like to see a mixture of the two def cant load it all on derrick like before but also cant shy away from letting our star be the star..... im looking at our offense from the standpoint when we play elite teams

But youre paying 15 million now in damaged goods in deng... id rather pay a younger player with more upside. Deng wants a nice deal, and if im the bulls he is gone.

Big difference is Deng WASN'T damaged goods when we payed him, he earned the contract at the time.

Why the hell would we trade for Eric Gordon who has been damaged goods since high school :rolleyes .. Upside? He hasn't even played a full season in his career yet!

Last edited:
We might have the best pg in the nba but it's no good when good defensive teams will try to keep the ball out of his hands in the playoffs. Making them learn plays with Derrick working off the ball is smart strategy. I'm sure some of us might've forgot but our offense sputtered when the Heat loaded up on Derrick in the ECF.

We might have the best pg in the nba but it's no good when good defensive teams will try to keep the ball out of his hands in the playoffs. Making them learn plays with Derrick working off the ball is smart strategy. I'm sure some of us might've forgot but our offense sputtered when the Heat loaded up on Derrick in the ECF.

Thats why I said there needs to be a mixture, you also need to see we dont have the personnel to shy away from rose all that much and thats just being honest. It shouldnt be one way or the other it should be a mix of the old and new imo is a good balance.

Ppl going to say im being critical because its early and maybe i am but hat offense looked terrible against the pacers (a better defensive team) and to no one surprise the offense looked better against a memphis team without a single defensive threat on the floor.

We actually do have the personnel to shy away from Rose, the goal isn't really to make him have less of an impact on the offense, but it's just to be a little more balanced and take some pressure off of Rose. I hope Booz, Deng and Buckets all have a good year so that people at least acknowledge that they have to guard more than one man.

Don't confused overpaid with damaged goods lol. Those are two different things.
Exactly...

D Rose is definitely faster and quicker... His defense on George Hill and Mike Conley was excellent, which showed off his lateral quickness. If he give this type of defensive effort to go along with a 4th quarter closeout unit of Jimmy, Lu, Taj, and Jo with Thibs coaching them up from the sidelines then this will be a scary team for the rest of the league... Also, I loved how Rose made Boozer aware that he messed up when Carlos wasn't in position to stop a driving layup with the, "Booz, you gotta be there". I think pointing that out to him on the court will make him try that much more, or at least I hope so lol.

I think the offense looks good, as someone earlier said, they just need to work on the spacing. If nothing else, you have to be encouraged by the new offense for the amount of FTA's the Bulls have had these first two games (I'm aware that the refs have been a little ridiculous with the calls during the preseason, but at least it was in our favor lol).

Lastly, Taj is a beast... That's the second most impressive takeaway from the preseason so far. He's fully healthy this year while bringing the same defense, rebounding, and hustle that we've come to expect. He added a whole arsenal of offensive moves and is very decisive on how he will put them to use when he gets the ball. I wish we could put him in the starting lineup, but it is obvious that Boozer is incapable of anchoring our 2nd unit defense and must be on the floor with Noah or Taj at all times.

I like what I've seen thus far this preseason, especially Thibs sitting the 1st and most of the 2nd in the 4th while still winning the game. I hope that carries over to the regular season.

what personnel is that because jimmy is the only big change to the line up, and dont get it twisted i have great faith in jimmy future but I really think next year is that big year we can discuss him as a consistent 2nd scorer and pressure reliever to Rose just my opinion

Lastly, Taj is a beast... That's the second most impressive takeaway from the preseason so far. He's fully healthy this year while bringing the same defense, rebounding, and hustle that we've come to expect. He added a whole arsenal of offensive moves and is very decisive on how he will put them to use when he gets the ball. I wish we could put him in the starting lineup, but it is obvious that Boozer is incapable of anchoring our 2nd unit defense and must be on the floor with Noah or Taj at all times.

We're two PRESEASON games in... it's WAAAAAAAAAAAY too early for these type of sentiments even if you're being optimistic.

what personnel is that because jimmy is the only big change to the line up, and dont get it twisted i have great faith in jimmy future but I really think next year is that big year we can discuss him as a consistent 2nd scorer and pressure reliever to Rose just my opinion
brah..if you have been watching chicago at all last season you know that the team as a whole can take pressure off of Rose. The ball doesn't have to touch his hands on every possession for us to be successful, that's all. Also Deng is our consistent 2nd scorer and idk why everyone acts like Deng is some kind of liability. Booz is the only player on this team that needs to go away.

Back
Top Bottom