Bulls offseason Thread

he has shot a career low the last 2 years with that ****** up wrist yet he doesn't want to get surgery? why

After taking some time to think this out we can offer one player as you know 3.2 million. I won't be a Stan I think we should offer it to nate and here is why. Everyone in media is talking what nate will command well guess what Marco is gonna command even more on the open market so I see his return as not likely. I looked at the free agents this summer and left off a few because there obviously not taking 3.2

Tony Allen, JJ hickson, Nick Young, Samuel Dalembert, Chris Anderson, Earl Clark, Anthony Morrow, Ben Gordon, Kyle Korver

If we can honestly sign any of these guys then hey do it but I see them getting more or joining another team all together so why not use the TME of 3.2 on nate he knows how we play and he the scoring punch we need even with rose back

SO there is talk Rose may play in the summer league....I think its a bad move playing against cats that are hoping to make the league. I would rather see him involved with Olympic team.

Coach: Derrick Rose himself again
Updated: June 13, 2013, 11:05 PM ET
By Jon Greenberg | ESPNChicago.com

CHICAGO -- The old Derrick Rose is back.

Chicago Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said Rose's speed and explosiveness are back to where the former MVP feels like himself again.

"I worked him out about a week ago," Thibodeau said in a phone conversation Thursday. "It was great."

Rose
Rose missed the entire season rehabbing from a torn ACL in his left knee suffered during last year's playoffs. His longer-than-expected absence, and the ensuing debate about it, was the overwhelming storyline during a challenging Bulls season that ended in a second-round loss to the Miami Heat.

Last season is over, and Thibodeau is looking to the future.

"Watching the way he's moving now, there's a confidence," Thibodeau said. "[Reporters] may not have been able to see the total work he was putting in. But he was putting in an enormous amount of work each and every day. He just never got to the explosiveness he was comfortable with. I think he's there now. He feels great, and that's the most important thing."

He said Rose is "running, lifting, playing and shooting. His day is full."

Rose was medically cleared and started practicing in five-on-five situations in mid-February, and his ensuing pregame workouts were covered as intensely as the games.

There was talk he would return in mid-March, but that came and went. Rose, and Thibodeau, refused to rule him out even during the team's playoff run, which infuriated many in the team's rabid fan base and led to criticism from NBA announcers during the Bulls' postseason run.

"The kid was being totally honest," Thibodeau said. "At the end of the day, you have to respect that. He wanted to be out there very badly. But no one knew when he would be ready, including him. It was a smart decision to wait. If you're not quite sure, and you're going to err, err on the side of caution. That's what he did. And now he feels great."

While reports speculated that Rose was dominating his teammates in the gym, Thibodeau says now that wasn't the case.

"He was practicing and he was good sometimes, but he also wasn't able to make the kinds of plays he likes to make," Thibodeau said. "No one is more explosive and can change direction like him. He had to be capable of doing that.

"That's what makes him so unique, how quick and explosive he is," Thibodeau continued. "He can jump sideways to avoid contact. He's always hopping around. That's a lot on your knee. You have to be comfortable doing that. He takes off and he doesn't take long to go from securing the ball to exploding and blowing by somebody."

Rose will leave Chicago in about a week to start working out with his trainer in Los Angeles. He will also travel to an adidas-sponsored exhibition July 7-10 in Belgrade, Serbia, among other commitments.

Thibodeau, who will check out the Bulls' Vegas summer league team and coach at the U.S. Olympic minicamp in Las Vegas in late July, will visit Rose in California.

:smokin

More on Thibs / Rose

Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose looks ‘great’ and that he thinks ‘he’s there now’

By Kelly Dwyer | Ball Don't Lie

Link

It’s of little consolation to Chicago Bulls fans, a day ahead of the one-month anniversary of the team’s final game of the season, but for the first time in quite a long time Derrick Rose seems to be recovering from his ACL tear at an expected rate. The injury, which took place during the first game of the first round of the 2012 playoffs, cost Rose the entire 2012-13 season amid much consternation about the motives behind him sitting out.

According to Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau, though, Rose is right where he’s supposed to be in terms of rehab. Even if the Bulls aren’t where they’d hoped to be – playing for an NBA title in the second week of June. From ESPN Chicago’s Jon Greenberg:

"I worked him out about a week ago," Thibodeau said in a phone conversation Thursday. "It was great."

"Watching the way he's moving now, there's a confidence," Thibodeau said. "[Reporters] may not have been able to see the total work he was putting in. But he was putting in an enormous amount of work each and every day. He just never got to the explosiveness he was comfortable with. I think he's there now. He feels great, and that's the most important thing."

Thibodeau went on to defend Rose’s decision to sit out the season, pointing out that Rose maintained from Day 1 that he wouldn’t return until he was ready to, and Rose simply wasn’t ready to be tossed into the fire with an oft-injured playoff toward the latter stages of a limpy regular season, and a banged up postseason. Rose would have been asked to act the savior for these Bulls in March, April and May, even if the franchise gave him all the support it needed while attempting to persuade observers that they weren’t pushing him to save the season.

Rose doesn’t work any other way. It was always going to be full bore with him, playing 40 minutes and dominating the ball, and the half-measure routine just wouldn’t have worked out.

Thibs signed off on as much in his interview, telling Greenberg that “it was a smart decision to wait,” and that in late-season practices with the Bulls Rose “also wasn't able to make the kinds of plays he likes to make.”

That should be enough for Rose’s critics. If it isn’t, and you haven’t already shot down to the comment section, try this on for size.

We’re still technically within the confines of the 2012-13 NBA season, but to Bulls fans (and I count myself as one), the team’s 2012-13 season seems like it took place ages ago. It was frustrating, as the months went on, to wonder what might have been – but the team’s fortunes were set in stone as soon as the MRI results came back for Rose in April of 2012. There would be a minor rebuild, the championship aspirations would have to be put on hold, and the team was going to reconfigure its roster even if Derrick returned for 20 games or so.

And now it all feels like yesterday’s news. Last year’s news, really.

The side benefit of that patience? Derrick Rose gets to return under his own terms. He doesn’t suffer a crisis of confidence created by late-season play that could have lingered throughout the summer. As it stands, he’ll enter 2013-14 with nostrils flared, and his last memory as an active player will be of leading the team that tied for the best record in the NBA in 2011-12 to a potential title. And not some thrown-together playoff run featuring Nate Robinson and Nazr Mohammed for long stretches.

The reward Bulls players, coaches, and fans will receive for gutting their own way through 2012-13 will be a fully healthy Derrick Rose, confident in the support around him, making his own decisions. It will be worth the wait.

IMO, after a slow start he's going to have a great season. CAN'T WAIT

Last edited:
Oh we comin for that ***...ive been saying all playoffs....East better watch the **** out.....

The Finals is highlighting the importance of outside shooting and ball movement vs. the Heat. Hell, even Thibs said we needed more shooting during his exit interview.

That being said, what do you guys think of the following possible draft targets (since there's no way the Org will pay for shooting)?

1. Allen Crabbe
2. Hardaway III
3. Reggie Bullock
4. Tony Snell
5. Jamal Franklin

Man I heard we were looking at drafting another big but I agree we need shooting. I'll take Hardaway hope he somewhat like his dad but I thought he was a jr though. You got that RGIII on the brain lol.

Man I heard we were looking at drafting another big but I agree we need shooting. I'll take Hardaway hope he somewhat like his dad but I thought he was a jr though. You got that RGIII on the brain lol.

I stand corrected :lol:

I also heard that we planned to take a big with #20, then a wing in the second round. I'm with you on Hardaway, I think he's got potential so hopefully he falls to the early 2nd, if we don't grab him at #20.

Crabbe intrigues me because I think he's got an NBA-ready jumper with range, plus he seems to do well off curls and screens. His handle seems suspect though.

Last edited:
I don't know a lot about these dudes but I heard Crabbe could shoot but I really wish we could get a guy that might not do either great but both good. It's like we need that one more nice sized wing player that can create off the dribble even though another big since preferably one that can score and play some type of d. A Boozer type that plays d lol

I was really hoping that some how KCP fell to us or we moved up to grab him.

Really good size, athlete, ability to make his own play and shoot from range.

Won't happen though :smh:

probably get Gorgui Dieng, although it would be cool to move up. 

even if we did move up, I doubt Thibs would start them. 
laugh.gif

I would like to have Dieng also. Gives Jo a servicable back up. He is the shot blocker that Taj needs and lost when Omer left. Good passer and if he can hit that free throw line jumper he hit against Duke he would be perfect for us

Yeah, nobody is giving up a Top 5 pick for Deng, but I wonder who the Bulls had their eyes on @ #3? Porter/Bennett/Oladipo/McLemore? :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom