Bulls offseason Thread

I would hope for Ben. Move Jimmy to his natural 3 spot and let Ben run around like Ray.

Opens up the floor tremendously considering he already has NBA range. But its all a dream.

Thats a trade i woukd do in a heartbeat. I think the Bulls like Olidipo. But as mentioned Garpax aint about that trade life. They fall too in love with their players.

Also Pip is being investigated for serving up a two piece to some clown in cali

ive heard quiet whispers of KG possibly coming to the chi to link back with thibs

cant say id hate it

cant say id like it either

I'd welcome KG with open arms in a heartbeat.

And yeah, apparently Scottie "brutalized an autograph seeker outside of Nobu restaurant in CA. The man was knocked out after Pippen allegedly punched him in the face and kicked him repeatedly." The man suffered "broken teeth and a swollen mouth as well as head and back injuries."

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't but :rofl: :rofl: .... I use to tell my boys when we younger Scottie was about that life off the court.

:wow: scottie put the paws on em :rofl:

edit

damb

Pippen update via TMZ

Quote:
Scottie Pippen has just been arrested for felony assault ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us, Pippen turned himself in to authorities in Malibu moments ago. He's being booked for felony assault with intent to commit great bodily harm.

TMZ broke the story ... Pippen allegedly brutalized an autograph seeker outside Nobu restaurant Sunday night. The man was knocked out after Pippen allegedly punched him in the face and kicked him repeatedly.

Pippen left the scene. As for the victim ... he was taken to a hospital with serious injuries, including broken teeth and a swollen mouth. He also suffered injuries to his head and back.

Last edited:
:wow: scottie put the paws on em :rofl:

edit

damb

Pippen update via TMZ

Quote:
Scottie Pippen has just been arrested for felony assault ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us, Pippen turned himself in to authorities in Malibu moments ago. He's being booked for felony assault with intent to commit great bodily harm.

TMZ broke the story ... Pippen allegedly brutalized an autograph seeker outside Nobu restaurant Sunday night. The man was knocked out after Pippen allegedly punched him in the face and kicked him repeatedly.

Pippen left the scene. As for the victim ... he was taken to a hospital with serious injuries, including broken teeth and a swollen mouth. He also suffered injuries to his head and back.
When I first heard this I thought he whooped a waiter who he stiffed.

No tippin' Pippen :lol:

Scottie Pippen had made quite a few cheerful inroads in the years following a playing career that sometimes depicted him as surly and moody. The former Chicago Bulls All-Star and Basketball Hall of Famer had overcome financial difficulties on his way toward being a much-loved team ambassador for the Bulls, a fixture on the team’s sideline during home games, and at dozens of local events.

Pippen had a local event of sorts in Malibu, Calif., on Sunday, allegedly, and he's been questioned by Los Angeles County police for reportedly assaulting an autograph seeker. The Bulls have had no comment to date.

From the Chicago Tribune:

Pippen had been at the Nobu Malibu restaurant on the Pacific Coast Highway when a fight broke out between him and the man around 6:30 p.m., said Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County sheriff's office.

"He came in to be interviewed, he's been cooperative," said Whitmore.

By Monday afternoon Pippen had been questioned by police where he was cooperative, said Whitmore. Pippen was allowed to leave without being charged, said Whitmore.

"Mr. Pippen will not be arrested, there's more here than meets the eye," said Whitmore.

This news flies in the face of what TMZ reported earlier. From TMZ:

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department tells us ... Pippen has since been named as a suspect in a report for assault with a deadly weapon -- the deadly weapon being his shoes. We're told Pippen repeatedly kicked the 50-something-year-old victim when he was down.

There’s no point in speculating at this early hour. Autograph hounds are a fixture in Malibu, and Nobu – especially in Malibu – is noted for its celebrity diners.

What we do know is that Pippen is at least collaborating with authorities, that his current status as ambassador with the Bulls hasn’t been altered at the moment, and that this is a pretty unfortunate turnaround on a post-NBA career that seemed to be going so swimmingly.

Damn Pip...lawsuit on deck

I wouldn't make that trade. I know a lot of Bulls fans don't like Deng, but you already know what you're getting from him. You know he isn't going to run and hide from Bron. Bringing in a rookie for a contender that will have to be immediately ready to contribute is bad idea IMO. Yes, Ben M could be a great piece here but doesn't he have concerns around his workouts already.

In my Bulls homer heart, the only SF I'm trading Lu for is Bron or Durant. If you're not getting one of those two in return, finish next season out and figure your next step.

Damn Pip...lawsuit on deck

I wouldn't make that trade. I know a lot of Bulls fans don't like Deng, but you already know what you're getting from him. You know he isn't going to run and hide from Bron. Bringing in a rookie for a contender that will have to be immediately ready to contribute is bad idea IMO. Yes, Ben M could be a great piece here but doesn't he have concerns around his workouts already.

In my Bulls homer heart, the only SF I'm trading Lu for is Bron or Durant. If you're not getting one of those two in return, finish next season out and figure your next step.

I agree. Unless we are going to be better immediately next year, i say just ride it out hopefully everybody is healthy and we see what we can do. Lu comes off the books next year we amnesty Booz and go with free agency then.

I personally am excited to see the lineup of Rose, Jimmy, Lu, Booz, and Jo healthy. Replace Booz with Taj and that possibly is the best defensive lineup in the league

I don't dislike deng, but he is a vauleable chip you can upgrade your team with and we need to make a move for now and the future soon.

The current team built as is. Can't hold up beating a combo of heat,pacers, or Knicks in back to back serise.

I have said it for 2 years everyone but rose and Noah can be moved if it helps the team.

How do you come to that determination BM? If this team is HEALTHY, and that's a big IF...they can play with and beat anyone in this league. Last year was a wash, but year before that most people I know that follow pro ball all believe Bullies woulda challenged Miami for that ring, and I'm not talking winning one game.

There are NO available superstars that magically make the Bulls a dynasty. We also gotta realize we are what we are. No one is taking Booz contract. FO would be silly stupid to trade an all star in Noah or Deng. Rose is the franchise and Jimmy has a high upside. Just let them draft a diamond and stay healthy. Hell, I'm throwing hundo on them when I hit Vegas next month 11-1 odds.

I will be too nice when the other teams in Chicago join the championship winning Hawks...Bears, Bulls where yall at?

Last edited:
BRUHS I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE BULLS WIN THE NBA FINALS I KNOW OUR TIME IS COMING

I look forward to Deng just walking away for nothing after next season :smokin

These trade rumors are just so the Org can say, "See, we tried to improve!!" No way in hell they take on more salary next year.

Adrian Wojnarowski
Yahoo! Expert

Bulls, Luol Deng talking contract extension
9 minutes ago

The Chicago Bulls are engaging in contract extension talks with All-Star forward Luol Deng, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Deng, 28, has one year and $14.3 million left on his deal with Chicago.

Bulls management and Deng's representative, Herb Rudoy, have had discussions since the end of the Bulls' playoff run and plan to talk further in the near future, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Deng missed games 6 and 7 of the Eastern Conference first-round victory over Brooklyn and the entire conference semifinal loss to Miami after complications arose from a spinal tap. Deng has been recovering and working his way back to full strength this summer.

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau has long considered Deng an indispensable part of his roster, relying heavily on him as an anchor on the defensive end of the floor. Deng averaged 16.5 points, 6.3 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game for Chicago. Deng was the Bulls' first-round draft pick in 2004 and has played nine seasons with the franchise.

Bulls star Derrick Rose will return from an ACL injury next season to an expensive core that includes Deng, Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer. Luxury tax issues will persist for the Bulls with the roster's current configuration next season.

Link

Report: Assaulted Fan Had Spit On Pippen, Called Him N-Word

A day after TMZ's report that Scottie Pippen had kicked the **** out of an aggressive autograph seeker, Pippen's side of the story is starting to get out.

A source told the New York Daily News the hospitalized autograph hound was not just some harmless fan with benign intentions:

Quote:
The fan started the tussle, spit on the ex-athlete and screamed the called him the N-word, the source said, adding that Pippen was holding his 4-year-old daughter at the time.

“Can you imagine, you’re out to dinner with your wife, your four kids and your mother-in-law, and someone calls you the N-word and starts to get physical?” the source said, calling the alleged victim’s story a “crock.”

The source further told the Daily News, "When Scottie left, this guy had no injuries." So does that mean someone else beat him up? A spokesman for the sheriff's office also said the unidentified man was described as having been intoxicated. No charges have been filed, and the police investigation is ongoing.

Back
Top Bottom