Bulls offseason Thread

Do you guys think that he would be better off not sitting out there right now? The fact that Noah is playing hurt, them panning to Rose every 6 minutes, plus the fact that the Bulls are being dismantled is just creating more animosity amongst the fans. He shouldn't be out there right now, and if the Bulls lose badly with him on the bench in Chicago, then I wont be surprised if mass booing happens

Since were losing this bad cant rose TRY?

You're causing yourself more mental anguish constant asking this question. He was never playing this season. I kept telling you guys, but instead of listening most of you wanted to look at every game things were going bad and question why he wasn't here to save the day. You do it to yourself :smh:

Rough game for us. Injuries are killing us and we just didnt come out to play that first half.

Lu cant play much worse than he did tonight. Hopefully it gets better as the series goes on. Props to Jo for gutting it out.

On to game 2

Rose is probably in better physical shape than half the squad at this point. We're so hobbled. Idk how he can look Taj or Noah in the eye at this point. I see Shumpert making an effort against Boston and it kills me.

It was a lot worse in person guys :smh: .. we have no answer for DWill or Brook. Nets made shots and out hustled us. Hopefully that will change Game 2.

You're causing yourself more mental anguish constant asking this question. He was never playing this season. I kept telling you guys, but instead of listening most of you wanted to look at every game things were going bad and question why he wasn't here to save the day. You do it to yourself :smh:

I know you are defending going him but saying that it's been planned that he was going to sit out just makes it worse to me. If that's the case, he and the organization should've been straight up in the beginning instead of leading his fans on. That's just being decent to your fan base.

I don't think Derrick Rose ever planned on playing this season.

This is just my own personal opinion, but I think Adidas and/or the Bulls started making him work out before every game to sell some extra shoes and merchandise to earn back some of the money they're paying him this season...

a few D.Rose pregame workout pics from December to now

Dec. 4

Jan. 12

Jan. 28

Feb. 8

Feb. 28

Mar. 2

Mar. 3

Mar. 18

Mar. 21

Rose, the 2011 NBA Most Valuable Player, agreed to a 13-year deal to stay with Adidas that guarantees him $185 million.
Before the season, Rose signed a five-year, $94.8 million maximum contract extension with the Bulls.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_derrick_rose_adidas_shoe_deal_022512

I didnt think he was playing this year either. From the time get injured I said he should sit this entire year out. Its better for the future of the team, the present shouldnt be focused on

I don't think Derrick Rose ever planned on playing this season.

This is just my own personal opinion, I think Adidas and/or the Bulls started making him work out before every game to sell some extra shoes and merchandiseise to earn back some of the money they're paying him this season...

I said this exact same thing.
Liwk you guys are saying, I feel he never wanted to play this season. The Bulls should have been str8 up and let everyone know

I been speechless I take the games to heart, I stand by rose but even us loyal fans feel some kind of way, if rose not playing fine but lets stop with the excuses because they no longer stand. When I see my center who can barely walk out there giving his all it hurts, rose could play 5 min and I would be happy because when its all said and done the bulls team needs it leader. Any one who played a sport truly gets that sometimes just the presence of your leader makes a difference. As a man rose has to look at his teammates in the face daily forget the fans the franchise those your brothers you go to war for and go to war for you. If not for your self if not for the city if not for the fans do it for your teammates even 5 min to show you are the leader we all come to know.

I been speechless I take the games to heart, I stand by rose but even us loyal fans feel some kind of way, if rose not playing fine but lets stop with the excuses because they no longer stand. When I see my center who can barely walk out there giving his all it hurts, rose could play 5 min and I would be happy because when its all said and done the bulls team needs it leader. Any one who played a sport truly gets that sometimes just the presence of your leader makes a difference. As a man rose has to look at his teammates in the face daily forget the fans the franchise those your brothers you go to war for and go to war for you. If not for your self if not for the city if not for the fans do it for your teammates even 5 min to show you are the leader we all come to know.

You say he can play 5mins and you'd be happy... Not trying to call you a liar but I highly doubt that would be the case. Say he plays well in that 5 and by some miracle Thibs actually adheres to the restriction you and everyone else would cry for him to play 15. And so on and so on.

Sure it sounds good and well but it's just the nature of the fan. We want our team to do well, but some times in that state of mind we lack a realistic perspective. As much as we all love Thibs, it has been well documented that he struggles managing his players minutes. I love my coach but it has been something we've seen and discussed every year he's been here.

I agree with Amel that the way this was handled was poor on all parties behalf, but I stand firm in my belief that he was never an option for the team this season. And it was a decision made in conjunction w management.

I know you are defending going him but saying that it's been planned that he was going to sit out just makes it worse to me. If that's the case, he and the organization should've been straight up in the beginning instead of leading his fans on. That's just being decent to your fan base.

I agree with you here, all parties could have handled this better especially in terms of communicating to the fan base. All parties may have had their motives in keeping the situation so murky to the fans, be it ticket sales or BJ's long-standing beef with Paxson, etc.

You say he can play 5mins and you'd be happy... Not trying to call you a liar but I highly doubt that would be the case. Say he plays well in that 5 and by some miracle Thibs actually adheres to the restriction you and everyone else would cry for him to play 15. And so on and so on.

Sure it sounds good and well but it's just the nature of the fan. We want our team to do well, but some times in that state of mind we lack a realistic perspective. As much as we all love Thibs, it has been well documented that he struggles managing his players minutes. I love my coach but it has been something we've seen and discussed every year he's been here.

I agree with Amel that the way this was handled was poor on all parties behalf, but I stand firm in my belief that he was never an option for the team this season. And it was a decision made in conjunction w management.

It's a situation where Thibs and the player have a responsibility to decide whether or not they play, but to me, ultimately the training and medical staff are more culpable. It's not a secret that in the past 3 regular seasons players have been brought back too soon, only to suffer a resulting set back. It's only been this season that Jo and Taj have actually said something to the effect of "I came back too soon.."

These players are relatively young too, so it's concerning to me that the regular season is pretty much running some of these guys into the ground.

I feel like management should protect their players better by getting better medical and training staff. I don't think there's any reason why Jo's plantar fascia has to flare up every April and for players to keep getting re-injured. I'm very frustrated overall.

I think you missed what I was saying, im not speaking from my point of view, im speaking from the side of someone who played a sport. Like i said don't do it for me or the organizations, those 5 min aren't for me there for his teammates, I think you be shocked how much those 5 minutes can boost his team spirits and play. We are an energy team, when our energy up we can play with any team in this league. I stand by my team and rose I just want to see some fight out of all parties involved, thats what make sports great.

Jo needs to just call it a season. There's no sense putting your body on the line when we're not winning ****.

It is what it is. Derrick is not playing. Let's move on with the players that ARE playing. Unfortunately, its not a good look. I think we coulve won this series with a healthy Joakim, but without him it's gonna be tough. Hell, this team is so crazy and resilient that i wont count us out, but i dont expect it. Next game is huge, obviously.

Joakim said he'd give it a go game 2 but imo he shouldn't. Judging by all the easy looks the Nets bigs got inside he was more of a liability than an asset. I think the Bulls did better with the smaller lineup actually, without Noah and without Muhammed. No need to be super big against the Nets, jus be quicker with the rotations so they stop getting easy looks inside.

I think you missed what I was saying, im not speaking from my point of view, im speaking from the side of someone who played a sport. Like i said don't do it for me or the organizations, those 5 min aren't for me there for his teammates, I think you be shocked how much those 5 minutes can boost his team spirits and play. We are an energy team, when our energy up we can play with any team in this league. I stand by my team and rose I just want to see some fight out of all parties involved, thats what make sports great.

Well I'm speaking from the side of someone who's being realistic, he's NOT playing 5mins... Neither him nor thibs would be able to just play 5 MINUTES, be for real for a second. As far as the team goes they've have way more insight on this situation that any of us, media included. I have to believe that they knew he wasn't going to play, they were prepared to play the entire season without him. I struggle to believe that they were watching the calendar like "Yeah, Pooh's gonna be back in March." they're too close of a unit for that, at least that's what I believe. I trust they see the bigger picture,

Back
Top Bottom