Bulls offseason Thread

If he doesnt play at least 6-8 games in the regular season, i say shut him down. And Bulls better stay out of that 8 spot......not looking good at all.

I also think his brother's statement has people misguided. I don't know about y'all, but I was content knowing he would continue to rehab and come back when he felt ready. Hell I remember when I thought he would be back for Christmas.

But then his brother comes out and hints that he may not come back because of the FO's lack of activity. That is what really opened the can of worms here. No his brother is not him, but ofcourse anyone could think there was some of their private discussions thrown in there.

I didn't see it before, but now I do recognize people angry toward him over his body and his career. I don't believe its a matter of this city and team deserving him. He would receive the same treatment in any city from fans that want to see him play, believe everything doctors say and make comparisons to other players. Not many people are understanding every body is different.

In the end, none of us (NT, Chicago, ESPN, barbershops worldwide,etc) are Derrick Rose or his child. So we all gotta let him cook until the food is ready.

I do believe he will comeback if only to see where he is at vs NBA competition. I'm of the opinion he should know where he is at prior to training camp and new season in October.

At this point i want him to sit this year out. The only thing i would change is if he knows he isnt coming back then just come out and say it. With Thibs saying the same thing it does sound like a company line they are all saying. The Bulls fan in me wants him back on the court now, because i hate seeing our team struggle. The NBA fan wants him to sit out and come back without any concerns next year.

On a more positive note i hope Jo wins DPOY, he deserves it :pimp:

I been a chicago Bulls fan my entire life, been a rose fan since simeon, its very tough time to be a bulls fan right now though which causes frustration. I stand by rose if he chooses not to play, but I will not be a stan and make this seem like rose has done everything right. I already stated I don't agree with his choice of surgeon or his trainer he chose comfort over whats best but thats another topic for another day. No real fan is saying rose is AP we know what he did is unreal but next month makes a full year and even I cant make many excuses, dont give me that everybody body is different I clearly know that but unless his surgery went bad or his trainers suck something not adding up with how he says his body feels after almost a year. My real problem is im not even mad about all that maybe he mentally aint there but seems like rose wants to come back when he is the old rose he wants to give his fans his city him self the best I respect that. What he has to realize is that old rose is not coming back by scrimmaging the bulls daily, he gonna have to take the bumps and bruises in real games to shake off rust and thats real. As a fan i respect and im grateful for what rose has done for this team, all I ask is the truth if your not coming back this season let us know, because your real fans gonna love you regardless, and them other fans who cares they aint real. BULLS NATION STAND UP

a few D.Rose pregame workout pics from December to now

Dec. 4

Jan. 12

Jan. 28

Feb. 8

Feb. 28

Mar. 2

Mar. 3

Mar. 18

Mar. 21

IDK if you guys have mentioned it yet, but I really think there's more to what's been known for Rose.

I think dude had a set back or something. Why the Hell isn't he playing by now? Makes no sense at all.

IDK if you guys have mentioned it yet, but I really think there's more to what's been known for Rose.

I think dude had a set back or something. Why the Hell isn't he playing by now? Makes no sense at all.

Because he's being cautious? Coming back from a major reconstructive injury knowing his playing style would make one very uneasy.

People are just mad because Rose hasn't met their own deadlines for playing. So sick of listening to ESPN Radio and the Score trashing the guy, you mother ******* don't deserve to watch this team. They said on ESPN Radio that Rose needs to "regain" the trust of his teammates...LOL. Yeah makes sense considering his teammates have been saying stuff like this:

"I would never question his decision, whatever he decides to do. There's no one on this planet who wants to play more than he does, so if he waits until next season, it's because he knows that's the right thing to do." -Luol Deng

Everyone is just making assumptions about **** that THEY DON'T KNOW ABOUT. Until this month Derrick has not said a thing to the media, and yet everyone began to start thinking about when he would come back and hold him accountable for things he hasn't said.

I've read fans comparing him to Dwight last year in Orlando. :lol: :smh:

I mean it's ridiculous. I don't even watch the rest of the season because of this. If he comes back today and re-injures himself is he going to "gain" the trust of his teammates? Sure I want him back out on the floor, but it's not smart to sacrifice your long-term goals for your short-term ones.

All he has to say is that he's not coming back this season. That's it, and everyone can move on except for the stubborn few. Just don't like how he keeps us hanging, that's all.

Some of these "fans" that I've listened to call in on radio or read about really need to get a life outside of watching ____ (fill in the blank team). Is it really going to affect YOUR daily life if he doesn't come back to YOUR expectation or liking? If it does, then I suggest getting some professional help.

The media obviously jumps on it because it's job, but then adds a dose of sensationalism to ensure they have people calling in, etc.

Too many people thinking short-term IMO.

Bruh still wearing those trashy Adidas huh? Smh..

We are most probably sliding down to 8th spot guys. We just don't have it.

A good article that looks at D Rose's rehab / return from many sides:

Time To Shut Down Derrick Rose

Steve Aschburner
March 24, 2013 · 11:00AM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/03/24/time-to-shut-down-derrick-rose/

CHICAGO – Derrick Rose wants to do what’s best for Derrick Rose. He has been clear about that from the start of his long, painstaking rehab from knee surgery last spring, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

The Chicago Bulls are going to do what’s best for Derrick Rose. That has been their default position whenever the topic has come up, which only has been every day, repeatedly, for the past 10 months.

Fans of the team should want all parties involved to do what’s best for Derrick Rose. They have been bystanders, cheerleaders and skeptics through this process, investing both money and emotions into the lengthy wait, constantly weighing the short-term against the long-term and mostly coming up stumped.

So let’s make it easy for them here and now:

The Bulls should shut down Derrick Rose till October.

Enough already. The networks and affiliates have more footage of Rose working out and shooting jump shots before Bulls games, locked in eternal preparation, than they ever will be able to use. Fans who arrive early see him out on the United Center court looking so much like the guy they remember, save for the practice gear, and then – poof! – he’s gone. They and everyone else spend much of each evening there bandying about his fate, and then some of them call talk shows or post comments on Web sites and vent as if Rose has changed his name to LeBron or something.

Where Rose’s brother Reggie once laid blame on Bulls general manager Gar Forman and VP of basketball operations John Paxson for somehow contributing to this limbo with their roster management, the player himself recently thrust the timeline of his return into the hands of his deity, whose “honey-do” list already was a little long.

Sorry, but this decision – should he or shouldn’t he? – has to stay between Rose, his doctors, his coaches and the team, erring always on the side of caution.

They’re there now. Shut him down.

The Bulls have only 14 games left on their regular-season schedule. One comes tonight in Minnesota, the tail end of a back-to-back. The next comes Wednesday against the barreling locomotive that is the Miami Heat. After that, it’s down to a dozen, a small window – more of a transom, actually – for Rose to work his way into NBA game shape and pace, for his teammates to adapt, for head coach Tom Thibodeau to fight his orneriest instincts and manage Rose’s minutes for the player’s benefit rather than the team’s.

Three weeks from next weekend, the playoffs begin. Chicago is mired in that pack of five East wannabes-to-also-rans (some would say seven) who are neither good enough to seriously challenge Miami nor, with No. 9 Philadelphia sputtering at 16 games under .500, bad enough to fall out of the seedings. The Bulls look like a one-and-done team without Rose; with him, still rusty and maybe on a slightly longer minutes leash, they could push it to the second round.

That is not worth it. Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf and the Bulls’ other owners don’t need and shouldn’t want two or three extra home gates that badly. Fans in Chicago, who have deferred their gratification this long, surely can wait a little longer – they’re good in this town at the wait-till-next-year mantra. And Rose, when he does come back, needs to be on the floor as a recovering knee-surgery patient in the final stage of his rehab, not as a savior or a leading scorer or as the hero of a slick campaign of sneaker commercials.

Look, it was one thing when doctors’ pegged Rose’s return, on a purely physical timeline, at late February or early March. That left 20 or more games to adjust, assimilate, navigate some lows along with some highs.

It was different, too, when the Bulls were a team in waiting, all pieces in place, ready for Rose’s return to chase the same prize they’d have been eyeing had he never gotten hurt at all. But that team doesn’t exist anymore. Several of his teammates are broken down physically, most recently center Joakim Noah missing this weekend with a flare-up of some persistent plantar fasciitis. Kirk Hinrich and Richard Hamilton have been eternally banged-up. Rose himself, like others who undergo ACL procedures, always figured to need a full year or more to regain all or most of his powers.

Meanwhile, some of those not hurting physically beyond the NBA norm for March have been wrung out by the heavier load they’ve lugged in Rose’s absence. And frankly, by the moving goal posts of his return. Luol Deng wouldn’t be making any All-Star teams off his low-ebb performances this month.

Bottom line: The team he would come back to isn’t worthy of what Rose would be expected, or would try himself, to do if he returned this late. Does anyone want to see the Heat’s Dobermans set loose on Rose in his uncertain state for anywhere from four to seven games? Even a feisty George Hill, a rejuvenated Deron Williams or a tenacious Avery Bradley might be too much in a playoff situation and put Rose in harm’s way.

Compared to that, the opportunity to work his way back through eight meaningless games in October when his teammates are fresh and everyone is coming off a layoff of his own (three months if not 15) holds great appeal and all the common sense.

Shut Derrick Rose down. Now.

Good team wins these last two nights. Proud of Lu for grinding the season out. But damn we are beat up by injuries :lol:

Nice back to back wins have us back in sole possession of that 6th spot.

I cant wait to end Miami's streak.

5th place in the standings :nthat:

I mos def have to agree with everyone else, time to shut him down and do away with all the distractions.

We need to beat Miami tomorrow night. I'm serious, we need to beat Miami tomorrow night.

Back
Top Bottom