Bulls offseason Thread

Right on time just like last year finals end and reports everywhere today if the NBA season started tomorrow Rose would be playing. Also read a rumor if rose is healthy the starting pg spot is automatically his in fiba this summer

Couldn't agree with you more amel.
I'm all for his older sibling looking out for his brothers best interest and being supportive, but this guys is a clown and even worse he is portraying a bad image of Rose wether he is aware of it or not.

All of us here already know how it is with BJ being his agent, but with his brother constantly talking out his aśs like he actually knows how to run a team, it's getting bad. Like this dude is single handedly bringing him down. Poohs PR team should be in reconstruction mode and cleaning up all the collateral damage he did last time swearing Pooh will not miss a year, then talking about bring in pieces or he will leave.

Right now Rose needs no distractions or headlines. Just keep it simple and let him play some ball. He should be worried about his conditioning and getting his grove back, that's it.

Word. It's clear his older brother is the undisputed alpha in his family. Otherwise, Derrick would've told him to shut his *** up a long time ago.

Reggie is definitely the leader of the family. I've seen him out on the town several times and he definitely comes off as the BOSS.

I just hope this doesn't blow up. I want to see Rose lead us back to Grant Park.

I think this time around, the lack of attention to this second comeback will be beneficial for Derrick.

Unfairly or not, there seems to be zero expectations and a lot of doubt. Staying closer to home and practicing with Team USA is a good start.

I think this time around, the lack of attention to this second comeback will be beneficial for Derrick.

Unfairly or not, there seems to be zero expectations and a lot of doubt. Staying closer to home and practicing with Team USA is a good start.

its kinda unfair but a LOT are labeling him "washed up" "done for " "penny but worse" etc
im just waiting in the rafters like sting staying quiet

its kinda unfair but a LOT are labeling him "washed up" "done for " "penny but worse" etc

I agree it's mostly unfair and I have to keep remembering we're in a social media age where everyone just seems to react for shock value/emotion and don't think clearly. (I'm an older head, so get off my lawn?)

I do admit that a part of me is still not admitting that he may truly be injury prone.

But I'm with you in the rafters..

Last edited:
I agree. Hopefully all goes well. He needs to ease into the game and the refs need to give calls where they are due unlike last season. Dude got fouled and hacked several times and refs didn't give him squat. Thats somewhat mentally diminishing.

Last edited:

I agree it's mostly unfair and I have to keep remembering we're in a social media age where everyone just seems to react for shock value/emotion and don't think clearly. (I'm an older head, so get off my lawn?)

I do admit that a part of me is still not admitting that he may truly be injury prone.

But I'm with you in the rafters..

i aint admitting that **** :lol:

that was a headlight blowout on derrick

both gotta go its just when is it gonna happen..there was a lot of stress & relying on that other knee so something had to happen

I agree. Hopefully all goes well. He needs to ease into the game and the refs need to give calls where they are due unlike last season. Dude got fouled and hacked several times and refs didn't give him squat. Thats somewhat mentally diminishing.

as bad as it sounds derrick took 1/2 a yr to start getting his calls & hes gonna have to remind the world of who he is again from the ground floor ...that starts with patience & getting to the line

I'm hoping he's able to play in FIBA this summer.

hes supposed to & one of the reasons im copping those tix for the UC in aug

Derrick Rose could play if season began now

Dan Feldman

Jun 17, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT

45 Comments

Derrick Rose got off crutches, practiced with the Bulls and biked around Washington, D.C.

Now, he’s capable of doing something he’s done just 10 times in the last 780 days.

K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune:

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpte2y2myndm4zgm5zdu0zjk0nti0mzi1yjgxnmqxnmmx.jpeg

Rose has had no setbacks and, if the season started tomorrow, would be fine to play.

Rose will have a few months to prepare for the season, but if he’s already ready, that bodes well. With two first-round picks, the flexibility to pursue Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Love and Rose getting healthy, the Bulls could improve greatly this offseason.

Of all Chicago’s possible changes, Rose might be the biggest wildcard. It’s just been so long since he’s played at an elite level.

[COLOR=#red]If he’s truly ready to roll, Rose won’t need to wait until training camp to really test his knee. He’s a strong candidate to represent the United State in the FIBA World Cup this summer.

Heck, if he’s as healthy as Johnson says, Rose is essentially a lock to make the team.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...9_1_derrick-rose-gar-forman-court-scrimmaging

All systems appear go for Bulls' Derrick Rose

Rehabbing guard playing in 5-on-5 full court scrimmages preparing for USA Basketball's late-July minicamp

June 18, 2014|By K.C. Johnson, Tribune reporter

The last summer of the Bulls inhabiting the Berto Center is the first summer of Derrick Rose's second act.

For weeks now, Rose has been playing five-on-five, taking full contact on his surgically-repaired knees and preparing to attend USA Basketball's late-July minicamp in Las Vegas in the hopes of making the World Cup team that will compete in Spain in late August through early September.
The offseason full court scrimmaging, not to mention working out in his hometown, represent departures for Rose, who tore his right meniscus last November just 10 games into his return from missing the 2012-13 season after left ACL surgery.

Rose typically opts for drill and intense conditioning work near his offseason home of Santa Monica, Calif., working alongside other high-profile players such as Russell Westbrook and Kevin Love. The change in strategy has been seamless.

It has allowed Rose to gain confidence and conditioning playing full court against teammates and various Chicago-area types with NBA ties in the suburban practice facility that soon will cede to the Bulls' new building across the street from the United Center.

And it has kept Rose closer to Bulls' personnel, including Jen Swanson. The Bulls hired Swanson last August as their director of sports performance after she worked closely with Rose throughout his ACL rehabilitation at a prominent Los Angeles clinic.

Rose began taking full contact in the form of one-on-one or two-on-two or three-on-three offday sessions late in the first-round playoff series against the Wizards. With no setbacks, Rose continued increasing the intensity of his workouts and began full court scrimmaging last month, sources said.

According to three people who either have played against Rose or witnessed his workouts, who requested anonymity, the 2011 NBA most valuable player is displaying both explosion and speed in games.

Of course, Rose must prove he can remain healthy over the course of an 82-game schedule after playing in just 50 regular- and postseason games over the last three seasons. Team physician Brian Cole re-attached Rose's right meniscus during surgery, which created a longer rehabilitation process but is the preferred method for limiting long-term issues.

A more efficient public relations practice, in which the Bulls ruled Rose out for the season directly after the surgery, aided Rose's second straight rehabilitation process.

Coach Tom Thibodeau said the day after the season-ending loss to the Wizards that Rose may participate in summer-league practices and scrimmages at the Berto Center leading up to participation in the NBA Summer League in July. Though Rose won't play in Las Vegas, that possibility remains in play.

It's all part of the plan to prepare Rose for the Team USA minicamp, which will run from July 28 through Aug. 1. General manager Gar Forman and Swanson, who was well-received by players in her first season, plan to attend. There also will be August training camp stops in New York and Chicago as the pool of 20 to 22 players gets whittled down to a roster of 12 for the World Cup of Basketball.

"I love Derrick; he's a special guy," USA Basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski said Tuesday on WGWG-FM 87.7 Chicago. "I feel bad that these last couple of years have interrupted what should be a sensational career for him. Hopefully, this will be a jump start to the NBA season and maybe we can win the World Cup along the way."

The last time Rose participated in international competition, Krzyzewski and Team USA won gold at the 2010 World Championships in Turkey. And Rose followed by becoming the youngest MVP in NBA history.

The Bulls would take that repeat history over Rose's recent repeat history of knee injuries any day.

The last time Rose participated in international competition, Krzyzewski and Team USA won gold at the 2010 World Championships in Turkey. And Rose followed by becoming the youngest MVP in NBA history.

The Bulls would take that repeat history over Rose's recent repeat history of knee injuries any day.

LEGGGOOO

Wow, only 50 games played the last three seasons. If he hurts himself again, it'll break my heart
Stop thinking like that. He wont hurt himself again. And Godforebid he does it will be for some minor crap that keeps him out for a game or two.

I was just thinking about this...
If he ever hits the floor on a minor injury every bulls fan watching will loose there mind in the moment...
My family all talking about trading him he's worth nothin..be pissing me off

I think mvp status isn't out of the question at all just takes time to get the feel of the game back and maybe a little reinvention.

My man is chi town made.
he'll be aight.

D gave us hope in chi again and revived the basketball spirit of this city we drafted him and instantly felt like winners again overnight for that I'm forever grateful.

Last edited:
Happy Saturday morning reading:

Yahoo Sports By Adrian Wojnarowski 21 minutes ago
The Chicago Bulls are pursuing a trade for Orlando Magic swingman Arron Afflalo, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Afflalo, 28, has two years left on his contract – including an Early Termination Option (ETO) provision next summer – and front office executives believe the Magic are prioritizing a trade for Afflalo over working to extend his contract.

It is unclear how the Bulls' pursuit of Afflalo would impact the franchise's free-agent interest in New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony.

The Bulls are searching for shooting to surround the returning Derrick Rose, and Afflalo is coming off his best offensive season, averaging 18.2 points per game on 45.9 percent shooting.

Chicago owns the 16th and 19th overall picks in the draft, and assuredly one of those selections would be included in a possible package with the Magic. Orlando has the fourth and 12th picks in Thursday's draft and a rapidly developing young core of talent, including guard Victor Oladipo and center Nikola Vucevic.

The Bulls have shown a strong interest in moving one of their top picks in a deal and have been open to trading the 19th overall pick for a future first-round selection, league sources said. The Bulls are trying to be careful to preserve salary cap space for July free agency and are leery of two rookie-scale first-round picks on the roster, sources said.

Afflalo will make $7.5 million this upcoming season and can opt in to a $7.75 million deal in the summer of 2015.

...I have no idea how this would fit in our plans for Melo unless we're working to move Afflalo again in a S&T?

Back
Top Bottom