Bulls offseason Thread

i glad most people are coming around and see that trading taj and butler for love is not worth it, and it may also cost our picks and maybe miriotic....nah pass....take a look at the spurs they are built with vets and young players that can guard and score from all over.....and the spurs don't have a player as good as love or anthony and they like that just fine

Anything on Mirotic? Comparisons, projected numbers, etc.

i read somewhere that if he was in this draft he would be no worse than 5th pick in the draft and the bulls are looking to trade 16 and 19 for denvers 11th pick.....out of this draft we may end up with a top 11 pick and a player that would have been 5th to go with our young deep team, i'm very happy to go up against ANY team in the east with that....

i fully expect taj to be a 18 10 reb player at least, this team no matter what will be better than any roster rose has ever played with....

no to love!!!!, melo maybe since it would likely not cost us any players....otherwise lets roll with what we got!!

Watching the Spurs dismantle the Heat, I started thinking of a plan B in the event we can't get Melo or Love. What if Pau signs for a discount, Mirotic finally comes over, and we roll with those two additions plus the first rounders?

I'm not confident either Melo or Love can be swayed to sign.

PG - Rose / DJ
SG - Butler / Snell / First Rd. Pick
SF - MDJ / Snell / 1st Rounder
PF - Taj / Pau / Mirotic
C - Noah / Pau / Greg Smith

Of course this is without doing any salary calculations and assuming that Pau can be rejuvenated and Rose is fully healthy.

Feedback / criticism are equally welcome.

After watching the Spurs do their thing, I think being mobile and versatile and quick is the way to go. So idk about a Pau signing.

After watching the Spurs do their thing, I think being mobile and versatile and quick is the way to go. So idk about a Pau signing.

The reason I mention Pau is he can fill the TD role as the scoring big with a small ball lineup and I don't think he's less mobile than TD. I still think he can be effective in the right place and role, not shooting corner 3s in D'Antoni's system. He did put up 20 and 19 against Noah in January.

I'm not sold on starting MDJ at 3 if we really plan on making a run ..

not sure if Pau is ready to come off the bench either.

Unless Snell makes enormous strides and he starts at SG, then Jimmy slides to his natural SF position.

It's all speculation obviously but I think Pau can kill off the bench especially in the East.

if Pau dosent mind coming off the pine that would be nice

I bet as long as he's not shooting 3s he'd be fine with it :lol:

Maybe it's a prisoner of the moment feeling but the Spurs' bench just kept the pressure on with no real letup difference from the starting 5. We kinda had that with the Bench Mob.

Thibs did install some elements of the Spurs offense, but shelved it a bit after Rose went down. Offseason will be interesting...

As a Laker fan, Pau coming off the bench will maximize what he has to give.

One thing you guys will be angry about is that he is infuriatingly bad at defense now. Not just that he lost a couple steps, he's uninterested in playing defense, and often lacks effort on defense.

On the other hand, I don't think he gives you what you need to win, you guys need wing scorers badly.

One thing you guys will be angry about is that he is infuriatingly bad at defense now. Not just that he lost a couple steps, he's uninterested in playing defense, and often lacks effort on defense.

On the other hand, I don't think he gives you what you need to win, you guys need wing scorers badly.

I'm not sure how much you've watched Boozer the last 2 seasons, but he can't be THAT bad..can he??

I agree with you, that wing scorers are key. My idea for Pau is not to showcase him as an exclusive offensive focal point but more for scoring threat and punch especially off the bench and with certain lineups.

I'm not sold on starting MDJ at 3 if we really plan on making a run .. not sure if Pau is ready to come off the bench either.
This. He should have a Mike Miller/Battier role. coming off the bench. IMO if we can get M. Beasley for cheap I think we should pick him up.

Last edited:

I'm not sure how much you've watched Boozer the last 2 seasons, but he can't be THAT bad..can he??

I agree with you, that wing scorers are key. My idea for Pau is not to showcase him as an exclusive offensive focal point but more for scoring threat and punch especially off the bench and with certain lineups.

:lol: True. Nonetheless Pau was really bad on defense.

Maybe it could be different under Thibbs, but since 2011, he makes excuse after excuse, and is extremely passive aggressive throwing people under the bus.

Makes sense. Good strategy. The one problem is that you have huge holes everywhere but bigs.

I would say if you don't get Melo, it is an okay consolation. Perhaps try to unload the rest of your role player (Dunlevy, all the non-guaranteed players) to open up maybe $10-12mil on top of Pau. To get a 2 or 3 (maybe Lance Stephenson, Trevor Ariza or Deng gets the welcome back). Then use your Mid-Level to re-sign D.J. Then a couple mil to fill out another bench wing alongside your picks.

Last edited:
Change in approach for GarPax??

Carmelo? LeBron? Bulls want to improve at almost any cost

BY JOE COWLEY Staff Reporter June 15, 2014 7:41PM

Link

SAN ANTONIO — The lesson of getting Carlos Boozer as a consolation prize back in the summer of “The Decision’’ in 2010 has some staying power with the Bulls’ front office.

The team isn’t looking to repeat history.

According to several NBA sources Sunday, the Bulls have been actively looking to improve the starting lineup at almost any cost, with Derrick Rose the only untouchable player — and not by choice.

“They are looking to exhaust as many assets as it will take,’’ one source said of general manager Gar Forman and head of basketball operations John Paxson.

But the source said it was “doubtful” whether that meant the long-rumored departure of coach Tom Thibodeau could come into play.

Carmelo Anthony is still Plan A as the Bulls and the rest of the NBA await to see if the Knicks forward will opt out of his contract. But the Bulls are more active in their pursuit of Kevin Love than initially rumored. Also, don’t rule out LeBron James coming into play again if the four-time MVP opts out of his deal.

After the Bulls were eliminated from the playoffs, the Sun-Times reported that Joakim Noah not only actively recruited Anthony at the All-Star Game, but he stayed on him throughout the second half of the season. The catch was that Noah didn’t want teammate Taj Gibson sacrificed to bring Anthony over.

The front office agreed with Noah, but according to a source, that grip might have loosened if it means adding a proven All-Star-caliber player.

However it works out, Forman and Paxson seem intent on going down swinging.

Email: [email protected]

:lol: True. Nonetheless Pau was really bad on defense.

Maybe it could be different under Thibbs, but since 2011, he makes excuse after excuse, and is extremely passive aggressive throwing people under the bus.

Makes sense. Good strategy. The one problem is that you have huge holes everywhere but bigs.

I would say if you don't get Melo, it is an okay consolation. Perhaps try to unload the rest of your role player (Dunlevy, all the non-guaranteed players) to open up maybe $10-12mil on top of Pau. To get a 2 or 3 (maybe Lance Stephenson, Trevor Ariza or Deng gets the welcome back). Then use your Mid-Level to re-sign D.J. Then a couple mil to fill out another bench wing alongside your picks.

Yup, my thoughts are operating under this assumption.

I'm not sure if Deng would come back, as some bridges may have been burned there. Then again we can never get rid of Kirk, even after he was basically traded to make room so who knows.

so reggie rose told reporters rose is playing 5 on 5 and is 100% healthy..... and Mirotic was in town watching White Sox game with bulls owner. Hopefully we have a lot to look forward to
so rose is now playing pick up ball in the offseason? for years he said he doesn't do that.

and paul gasol is not coming here to come off the bench

Happy be-lated Father's Day to all my CHI fam!!

Got caught up on the celebration yesterday.....great Father's Day! Topped off with the Heat loss :pimp:

Just read that Rose was playing and sure enough y'all had already broke the news.

so reggie rose told reporters rose is playing 5 on 5 and is 100% healthy..... and Mirotic was in town watching White Sox game with bulls owner. Hopefully we have a lot to look forward to
so rose is now playing pick up ball in the offseason? for years he said he doesn't do that.

and paul gasol is not coming here to come off the bench

this weekend when they were getting clapped? no pics of them together? :nerd:

Happy be-lated Father's Day to all my CHI fam!!

Got caught up on the celebration yesterday.....great Father's Day! Topped off with the Heat loss :pimp:

Just read that Rose was playing and sure enough y'all had already broke the news.

oh ok..... gettin ready for fiba

I hope Rose makes the FIBA team, or at least play during the tuneup game at the UC on Aug. 16th against Brazil.

We bought our tickets on Ticketmaster and there's still a lot available. I watched the final Blue/White scrimmage before the Beijing games and it was basically an intense ASG.

I hope Rose makes the FIBA team, or at least play during the tuneup game at the UC on Aug. 16th against Brazil.

We bought our tickets on Ticketmaster and there's still a lot available. I watched the final Blue/White scrimmage before the Beijing games and it was basically an intense ASG.

im copping also

Back
Top Bottom