Bulls offseason Thread

Idle hands brothers...idle hands

Been avoiding this thread cause of all the arguing and nonsense.
Over/under valuing players and our reluctance to create trades have been our downfall for well over a decade now.

We really don't know what we'll get with Pooh. To put our trust on a highly touted euro league player just don't sit right with anyone outside of Krause or Reinsdorf. I fully expect Gar/Pax to get creative this year. I'm not advocating to gut the team for a single player but if we have to give up a valuable asset to get a player whose caliber will get us there, then so be it.

Remember young Bulls had to give up Oakley to get Cartwright to solidify the 5 and get us on that run, and on the opposite end our reluctance to part with Deng caused us a shot at Kobe. I refuse to sit here and play trade machine scenarios or pretend to know how to run a team better.....let's leave that to the delusional Laker fans.

One offensive outburst short of being a superstar????? You cant be serious.....listen, I like Jimmy, but he is at best, an average offensive player. Can he improve his jumper and average 15-17pgg??? Sure, but he will never average more than 20 a game, and he doesnt have to if we get Melo....

Yeah your right, I doubt I said superstar but I didn't go back and read

But I was trying to say,
one amazing playoff performance away from getting that P.George praise,

If he can get his offense to match that defense, he can be a great above average player I wasn't trying to say superstar

maybe maybe allstar couple years down the line. Doubt it but I don't.count it out We'll see same goes for taj
There still infants in this league

Last edited:
I think after 3-4 yrs you are what u are. Not that players cant improve. I just dont see Jimmys O ever ever matching his D. And Taj will be solid next yrat.

And yo, SLP....Kobe didn't accept the trade to Chicago because Luol would have been headed back to LA....Kobe wanted to play with Lu

Or refusing to part with Nocioni in a package to get Pau...

Nocioni ha we have came along way since those days

When these greats Kobe mow melo are even considering our franchise.
We need to.do everything we can to aquire them. But jerry just don't care and never will..

Last edited:
Thats not true. Jerry lets Gar make any decision he wants. We've been over the tax threshold the past couple of seasons. We went all in on LeBron, Wade, Hill, McGrady etc..... just havent been able to land the big one. Money isnt the issue.

Thats not true. Jerry lets Gar make any decision he wants. We've been over the tax threshold the past couple of seasons. We went all in on LeBron, Wade, Hill, McGrady etc..... just havent been able to land the big one. Money isnt the issue.

You speak the truth, but many will refuse to listen. The idea that the Bulls are cheapskates is a common myth.

Hopefully well finally pull thru on 1

Last edited:
I hope we pass on Melo and pick up Love to replace Boozer and add an explosive scorer in the draft. Stability is key for us while we wait on Rose, letting Deng go was a mistake but hopefully it'll pan out for us in the long run.

If we still had Deng we couldnt sign Love or Melo, so ur logic is flawed. Also, Melo is the easier get right now. Twolves arent budging on their no trade stance. Unless, he becomes a FA next year, but thats next yr...

Hate to say it but it was the right move to part ways with Deng. Wish we could've gotten something of more value for him instead of just being a salary dump, but it is what it is.

Lu looked really bad out there in Cleveland and realistically prob cost himself the contract he wanted. Shame if u asked me...I mean he was offered a 3 year 30 mill deal and he turned it down :smh:
Doubt anyone will offer him more.

I wonder if Lu would be willing to come back? Obviously at a discounted rate....but I really wonder if he's willing to forgive Gar/Pax

Last edited:
Letting Deng go was the right move, for all the flak he caught he was a great player for us but we all knew he wasn't what we needed to win a ring. Especially considering his current contract was a financial burden for us and that he wanted more than that - it was a no brainer to deal him.

We need to get Thibs the right unit to make a solid run. A healthy Rose, stronger Snell, more consistent Jimmy, keep Joakim healthy, Taj, etc.

We need that guy that's gon keep the unit together and make moves, sort of how TP does in San Antonio; that's what we've been missing. When Rose is healthy, we are a major force but when he goes down, thats when somebody needs to step up in the back court and we have failed at that in recent years.

I'd consider making a play for a solid PG in free agency or in the draft. Rose got two knee injuries in two years, don't know how he'll recover.

Getting rid of Deng hurt but it had to be done. His injuries + the amount of money he wanted would've be a dumb move to give it to him.

Boozer, gone, nuff said :lol:

All in all, we have some great pieces, just have to get our core guys healthy and add more to the puzzle.

We need to get Thibs the right unit to make a solid run. A healthy Rose, stronger Snell, more consistent Jimmy, keep Joakim healthy, Taj, etc.

We need that guy that's gon keep the unit together and make moves, sort of how TP does in San Antonio; that's what we've been missing. When Rose is healthy, we are a major force but when he goes down, thats when somebody needs to step up in the back court and we have failed at that in recent years.

I'd consider making a play for a solid PG in free agency or in the draft. Rose got two knee injuries in two years, don't know how he'll recover.

Getting rid of Deng hurt but it had to be done. His injuries + the amount of money he wanted would've be a dumb move to give it to him.

Boozer, gone, nuff said :lol:

All in all, we have some great pieces, just have to get our core guys healthy and add more to the puzzle.
Pick up a pg and turn Rose into a SG/PG combo ?

Last edited:
dj probably going to get a nice offer elsewhere

But he.did also.say.he'd like to.stay
And it's not all about the money

His words.sound good and what he did for us was.remarkable,hopefully he
Stays

We don't need another Teague when we've already found what we need in DJ

What we do this offseason will define us for a while..I don't see love making to big an impact whether it be this year or next

Last edited:
If giving Rose more time at the 2 will relieve some of the strain he pots on his knees then I'm all for it. If DJ does come back, he needs to be more aggressive at the 1. We've lacked that in the back court for a while. That and lockdown D

In happier news :pimp:

2013-14 NBA All-Defensive First Team

Position | Player, Team | 1st Team Votes (2 pts) | 2nd Team Votes (1pt) | Total Points

Center | Joakim Noah, Chicago | 105 | 13 | 223
Forward | Paul George, Indiana | 65 | 31 | 161
Guard | Chris Paul, LA Clippers | 64 | 28 | 156
Forward | Serge Ibaka, Oklahoma City | 54 | 44 | 152
G/F | Andre Iguodala, Golden State 57 | 34 | 148

2013-14 NBA All-Defensive Second Team

Position | Player, Team | 1st Team Votes (2 pts) | 2nd Team Votes (1pt) | Total Points

Forward | LeBron James, Miami | 57 | 20 | 134
Guard | Patrick Beverley, Houston | 44 | 24 | 112
Guard | Jimmy Butler, Chicago | 29 | 45 | 103
Forward | Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio | 16 | 57 | 89
Center | Roy Hibbert, Indiana | 15 | 46 | 76

Taj received 21 votes as well.

Can't wait till next season guys...

This FO needs to make power moves
I just fear it will be some cheap
Same old same old cop outs as usual

I'm saying well be about there regardless, but we need to really
Take things to the next level this
Offseason.

I want to shut this **** down heavy

Last edited:
I just read the story and as a parent myself, this is devastating.

Whoever did it needs to leave this world...very slowly and badly....

Trust that peice of garbage will meet his maker

how you can cut any but especially such a young innocent life so short

I just can't stand the amount of evil in this world

Not in our hands unfortunately..

Dude is in god hands and I wish no mercy upon him..people makes me sick

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom