Bulls offseason Thread

One possibility mentioned in the article that's encouraging is:

Because Mirotic is limited to negotiating with the Bulls, they should be able to get him far more cheaply than on the open market. The best figures I have found on Mirotic’s current salary indicate he makes approximately $1.4 million per year, with a buyout of approximately $3.4 million. The Bulls can pay $600,000 of this buyout. It might then be realistic to sign Mirotic to a three-year contract starting at $3.5 million per year with the maximum allowable 4.5 percent annual raises.

The sign and trade for Melo is the most appealing on that list

But I'm not getting my hopes up til I see him in red and black

Don't see the Knicks taking Boozer in a package for Melo. Would be wasteful for them, unless they were getting both of the Bulls picks as well. And that wouldn't make sense for the Bulls.

Because Mirotic is limited to negotiating with the Bulls, they should be able to get him far more cheaply than on the open market. The best figures I have found on Mirotic’s current salary indicate he makes approximately $1.4 million per year, with a buyout of approximately $3.4 million. The Bulls can pay $600,000 of this buyout. It might then be realistic to sign Mirotic to a three-year contract starting at $3.5 million per year with the maximum allowable 4.5 percent annual raises.

Not seeing that.

He's making $1.4mil a year, so that's just the base. You have to pay him that. Then has to pay $2.8mil out of his own pocket for the buyout. He's not going to take any hit at the beginning of his contract, he'd be playing for half of his Spain contract that first year when you factor in his buyout.

First year will be $1.4mil + $2.8mil + whatever he deems necessary to make him happy for the adjustment of going to the NBA. That first year will be no less than $5mil.

Last edited:
Don't see the Knicks taking Boozer in a package for Melo. Would be wasteful for them, unless they were getting both of the Bulls picks as well. And that wouldn't make sense for the Bulls.

Not seeing that.

He's making $1.4mil a year, so that's just the base. You have to pay him that. Then has to pay $2.8mil out of his own pocket for the buyout. He's not going to take any hit at the beginning of his contract, he'd be playing for half of his Spain contract that first year when you factor in his buyout.

First year will be $1.4mil + $2.8mil + whatever he deems necessary to make him happy for the adjustment of going to the NBA. That first year will be no less than $5mil.

The kid better be good, that's about all I have to say about that.

Mirotic is a maybe it will take alot of time to adjust and become elite. Maybe
Even 2 or 3 seasons

This though ELITE INSTANTLY

And this

Last edited:
hmmm been a while i see plenty of disagreements still going.

First off yall treating Jimmy same way yall did Taj a year ago, this thread was full of ppl ready to get rid of taj after a rough season oh he not worth the money blah blah blah. We all see how that turned out, bet yall forgot about that. Yall want instant gratification players develop differently. I been saying it all year and I said it last year I predicted Jimmy would have a rough year, but the 2014-2015 season will be his breakout year. This isnt a deng situation where we are at the end of the rope.

The chants of Mirotic all of a sudden in here are louder than ever and for what, he not walking through that door giving you some off the chart numbers. He wanna come play cheap fine lets try out the experiment but dont think he coming to change the team. If this is a move to beef up the bench cool.

Melo at first I hated the idea now i still dislike the move but not as much..... at this point Im with it but im not gutting my team for him or Love. Im not gonna play the we dont need help card but im also not gonna act like the development of jimmy taj and noah doesn't make us a much better team than we used to be.

Na man jimmy and taj can't go nowhere. there important peices..

I.don't know where that puts us with Melo cause I doubt they take boozer

But like I stated Earlier jimmy B is one offensive outburst from becoming an elite player in this league

I just don't know but I really want melo to come over...it's good for rose as well being who he is...low key taking the spotlight off him temporarily but not completely is a good thing

World can watch melo and rose instead of media lazer beaming rose.
He can focus on being an elite point
Instead of being our everything

Last edited:
Na man jimmy and taj can't go nowhere. there important peices..

I.don't know where that puts us with Melo cause I doubt they take boozer

But like I stated Earlier jimmy B is one offensive outburst from becoming an elite player in this league

I just don't know but I really want melo to come over...it's good for rose as well being who he is...low key taking the spotlight off him temporarily but not completely is a good thing

World can watch melo and rose instead of media lazer beaming rose.
He can focus on being an elite point
Instead of being our everything

It doesn't put you anywhere with Melo. Won't have any money to sign him. If you want Melo, you have to sacrifice Taj. Probably the smartest idea would be packing Taj + 16th to get a 8-12 pick, and a future 1st rounder as well.

man I really love Jimmy think his breakout season is coming but one outburst from being ELITE cmon thats a very strong statement. Elite is an entirely other level. However I will say going from rookie year of 2.6 to 8.6 to his third year of 13.1 ppg its not crazy to think he could give us 17-20 ppg a night. So hey as much as I disagree you may be right PG is called elite avg 21 and being the best defender on the team.

Let Jimmy Flourish we know he got the work ethic

It doesn't put you anywhere with Melo. Won't have any money to sign him. If you want Melo, you have to sacrifice Taj. Probably the smartest idea would be packing Taj + 16th to get a 8-12 pick, and a future 1st rounder as well.

I just don't know but I know melo is something we definitely need to get to that next level.. That offense we can't get nowhere else. Not like melo

If he really wants to win and take less money we can make it work...
Boozer? Dunleavy and picks
But I don't see NY taking that at all
That deal is to lopsided in our favor

Ballislife: I hear you rose howard lebron i see as elite..but you know what I'm saying jimmy is a notch away from getting that paul George praise

Last edited:
on another note looking at the draft I know some ppl want Rodney hood but to me you draft him only if you given up on snell which i dont think we have, there games very similar. Word is Tyler Enis is the choice im not really big on the freshman pg experiment but I think its a given he would be better than teague. With Boozer gone and possibly a healthy rose id like to see this team running and using there athleticism and add zach lavine off the bench boy got a jumper and the vid clearly shows a freak athlete

on another note looking at the draft I know some ppl want Rodney hood but to me you draft him only if you given up on snell which i dont think we have, there games very similar. Word is Tyler Enis is the choice im not really big on the freshman pg experiment but I think its a given he would be better than teague. With Boozer gone and possibly a healthy rose id like to see this team running and using there athleticism and add zach lavine off the bench boy got a jumper and the vid clearly shows a freak athlete

I haven't watched much college ball the last few years, but Levine definitely stood out. Imagine him and Jimmy filling lanes on the break....

Kid looks like an athletic freak I worked day n nite this year haven't seen nothin till recently

But our squad always comes thru on the draft picks I leave that to them

but I Will say I would like to see that skeleton kid Tony Snell grow a lot more I think he can be great I like snell alot

What yall think about Tony Snell?

Last edited:

I haven't watched much college ball the last few years, but Levine definitely stood out. Imagine him and Jimmy filling lanes on the break....

Shorty is good... Better with the ball in his hands, has some work to do on moving without the ball and attacking when his Jumper isn't falling. Nonetheless, he's a young kid (19) with tons of upside and great height for the position 6'5" but he will need to put on weight and like all young kids he's needs to be developed. but he's been who I've wanted us to draft all this time, tbh.

Last edited:
Kid looks like an athletic freak I worked day n nite this year haven't seen nothin till recently

But our squad always comes thru on the draft picks I leave that to them

but I Will say I would like to see that skeleton kid Tony Snell grow a lot more I think he can be great I like snell alot

What yall think about Tony Snell?

I'm with you in the Snell camp. He just needs to be more aggressive and that comes with practice and playing time.

He's probably more suited to be the SG and Jimmy the SF.

funny thing most experts got him going right around the 16-20 range in the draft cmon bulls if we not moving up in the draft or using these picks in a trade, get Lavine he got time to develop with us. Problem is bulls stop going after the explosive pick but with 2 picks that close what do you have to lose.

I'm with you in the Snell camp. He just needs to be more aggressive and that comes with practice and playing time.

He's probably more suited to be the SG and Jimmy the SF.

Yeah that switch up mite be right..
Snell got to develop his shooting game along with his size alot more

I have a feeling he can be a favorite possibly

Last edited:
One offensive outburst short of being a superstar????? You cant be serious.....listen, I like Jimmy, but he is at best, an average offensive player. Can he improve his jumper and average 15-17pgg??? Sure, but he will never average more than 20 a game, and he doesnt have to if we get Melo....

it doesnt really matter what set position they are...SF and SG are just wings in todays nba. theyre interchangeable as far as im concerned. jimmy and snell need to be in that gym killing the jumpshots though, we need shooting and iso help like no other.

One offensive outburst short of being a superstar????? You cant be serious.....listen, I like Jimmy, but he is at best, an average offensive player. Can he improve his jumper and average 15-17pgg??? Sure, but he will never average more than 20 a game, and he doesnt have to if we get Melo....

17 ppg makes him a damn near star in this league if he can play elite defense.

it doesnt really matter what set position they are...SF and SG are just wings in todays nba. theyre interchangeable as far as im concerned. jimmy and snell need to be in that gym killing the jumpshots though, we need shooting and iso help like no other.

True, wings are interchangeable. I made that suggestion because I think Snell has a better and more natural handle than Jimmy.

Snell's stroke looks fine and Jimmy should bounce back next season, shooting wise.

Back
Top Bottom