Bulls offseason Thread

Extremely disappointed with our first offense in the first half. Set us up for failure the rest of the way.

I don't know why Thibs didn't adjust by clamping down on their 3 point shooting. Seriously. Ray, Battier, Cole, and Chalmers killed us.

Rose played like ****. Credit to the Miami D though, they were swarming us like crazy. That was some of the best D I've seen them play since LeBron got there.

Sucks our first game was an L. But you can't put too much stock in this, first game of the season. We can't overreact about anything.

EDIT: On another note, Butler played really well for us. His foul trouble early put us in a bad position, but he made some key buckets. His shot looks good and he finished some nice baskets.

Last edited:
i know today is not even close to a representation of a a finished product but im beyond heated... the haters are beyond fueled off that

Played better in the second half. Not gonna take much from this game. Lu and Jimmy wont have 3 fouls in the first half again this year.

Rose was ok, just off on his shot. He has to lock in on D a little more.

Jimmy shot those passing lanes great.

We'll be fine, on to NY Thursday

Butler is the goods.

Boozer definitely showed out and he's showing dropping weight was the right strategy.

Rose was ok. His shot wasn't falling and he wasn't getting foul calls on drives. He low key made nice passes out of traps. If basketball counted assists like hockey, he'd have had a lot of it. I'm not really worried about him.

Dunleavy was horrible early but he seemed to catch a rhythm late in the game. I suspect once he gets comfortable and finds his niche, he'll be a good asset.

Hinrich and Deng both had open looks all night. Got to knock them down.

I don't think Noah is ever going to learn that he's not a guard. The whole running the court with the ball is a turnover 8 out of 10 times for him but he never learns. He was basically a non factor but he didn't play all preseason so I ain't mad.

I think Taj was pretty bad.

I hope Snell develops fast. It was obvious that the speed of the game was too quick for him.

Lol, damn, the Bulls had a damn near 40 point 4th quarter. The biggest disparity was in the second quarter when Jimmy and Deng both sat. The Bulls went on that 4th quarter run without Derrick getting into any real rhythm. I ain't even mad. #thinkingpositively #hashtagsoutsideoftwitteraregay

After having time to cool down I can objectively look at the loss and speak to real bulls fans.

facts are when jimmy and deng were in the game we outplayed them but none of these fools are going to acknowledge that. Miami did what they should do when we got in foul trouble.

I respect Thibs for not playing Noah he's not in condition and didn't need to be played heavy. I appreciate the change

With rose I know it will all come together just not sure if last night was just a bad game or reality is here and he needs time to adjust to regular season speed.

We will be fine just hated giving these haters ammo last night

If some of our shots would've fell in the 2nd quarter we could've hung in there. I still think we need another shooter who can create their own shot, especially when Rose, Butler, Deng are on the bench.

Butler is the goods.

Boozer definitely showed out and he's showing dropping weight was the right strategy.

Rose was ok. His shot wasn't falling and he wasn't getting foul calls on drives. He low key made nice passes out of traps. If basketball counted assists like hockey, he'd have had a lot of it. I'm not really worried about him.

Dunleavy was horrible early but he seemed to catch a rhythm late in the game. I suspect once he gets comfortable and finds his niche, he'll be a good asset.

I don't think Noah is ever going to learn that he's not a guard. The whole running the court with the ball is a turnover 8 out of 10 times for him but he never learns. He was basically a non factor but he didn't play all preseason so I ain't mad.

I hope Snell develops fast. It was obvious that the speed of the game was too quick for him.
yea i agree we need boozer to continue to play well i was encourage that we played good vs the Heat. Snell might have to go down to the D-league get his confidence back. im really hoping he could be sort of like Kwahi Leonard real talk

Butler is the goods.

This pretty much summed up my thoughts on the game. I honestly think we needed this, its a great gauge of where we are and the strides we need to make for both the players and the front office.

I'm not worried at all, glad to see there wasn't a melt down in here too :lol:

I would like Thibs to give Snell some minutes even if its just 4 minutes at a time. We may need him if Jimmy or Lu ever get hurt. Going against Bron isnt the ideal situation for any rookie in their first game :lol:

I would like Thibs to give Snell some minutes even if its just 4 minutes at a time. We may need him if Jimmy or Lu ever get hurt. Going against Bron isnt the ideal situation for any rookie in their first game
laugh.gif
i totally agree i just hope his confidence dont take a hit. hopefully he remembers what got him to the pros

My thoughts post-game

1. Rose looks fine physically and athletically. Obviously still some rust there, especially defensively, and it's tough to have your first regular season game back against Miami on the road no matter how well the preseason went. I had a feeling they'd run him off screens all game, and they did. He'll be better next time, and more floaters please.

2. I thought there was a good chance we'd lose but I wasn't prepared to see the game basically lost in the 2nd quarter. I lost track of how many open 3s...corner 3s given up in the 2nd. Most were a result of just terrible defensive rotations by the bench.

3. MD looked meh. Not a good sign that Sugar Ray is consistently taking you off the dribble. Then again, Belli looked terrible for at least the first 20 games of last season especially defensively and picking up Thibs' system. I expect a lot of improvement from him going forward.

4. Butler :pimp: Once he gets more confidence in his own ability, skies the limit. I loved his defense and aggressiveness in the 2nd half. Still wondering though if he can consistently create off the bounce, especially against Miami.

5. Noah's not close to 100%. Hopefully his health keeps improving and won't be a lingering issue.

6. Booz...who knew he'd step up? :pimp:

7. The Bench: Worth keeping an eye on as I think Thibs can't make wholesale substitutions as he's done so in the past. The Craptain lived up to his name last night. Snell should keep shooting, they'll eventually drop. Plus it's hard to make your debut against LeBron, in Miami.

8. Deng: The glue of this team. The foul trouble was BS and it really affected him and the team overall. Either he or Butler has to stay with the bench unit all the time.

9. Offense: I thought they would've done a better job with recognizing and countering the blitzes and traps. With a healthy Noah and no foul trouble for Lu or Butler, this should improve in time for the next game against Miami.

Edit: Remember Bulls fans, the 91 championship team started 0-3. It's a long season so no need to worry.

Last edited:
sloppy game .... wouldve won if we had jimmy & lu for the 1/2 that time we didnt(if that makes sense)

j buckets will live up to his name

excited for the home opener

Rose will get better the warm made it priority to dbl down on bro & not let him get off , i respect that respect

I'm still thinking about last night. I knew it was going to be a long night when they blitzed Rose on the first possession.

I'm watching the replay now and it definitely wasn't as bad as anyone made it out to be. I know as a fan, I was furious because I waited so long to see that. But our team outplayed them in the second half, just not enough. We fell apart in second quarter due to foul trouble, poor shooting and Miami's excellent play all in that run that really began at end of first quarter.

Boozer kept us in the game..Rose just shot poorly, it happens...Miami was on fire...I'm looking forward to the rematch but will enjoy every game leading up to it

GO BULLS

I'm still thinking about last night. I knew it was going to be a long night when they blitzed Rose on the first possession.
Me too bro i really wanted our team to pull it out. oh well we'll get them next time 4 sho

tough loss last night, proud of the run they made at the end. just one game. cant wait to be at the madhouse tomorrow night

tough loss last night, proud of the run they made at the end. just one game. cant wait to be at the madhouse tomorrow night
Aw man im jealous. Have fun tonight bro them Knicks gonna be tough. Glad we dont have to worry about that 6'6 Nate robinson aka JR Smith

Butler is the goods.

The jury is still out on Butler. Defensively he's great, but offensively he's still rough around the edges. Gotta get that jumpin together because it's either just right or all the way wrong. Need some consistency w/ it. Great to see them make that push at the end of the game though. I'm praying the front office is shopping Deng and can hopefully land a player that can create his own shot at any time w/ or without Rose on the floor.

The jury is still out on Butler. Defensively he's great, but offensively he's still rough around the edges. Gotta get that jumpin together because it's either just right or all the way wrong. Need some consistency w/ it. Great to see them make that push at the end of the game though. I'm praying the front office is shopping Deng and can hopefully land a player that can create his own shot at any time w/ or without Rose on the floor.
aman to that. we need another solid 22point-25point scorer to feature along wit D.Rose to take that pressure of D.Rose

Back
Top Bottom