Brown Eye v. Blue Eye Experiment

Hey, but isn't it shunned to identify people for their skin color in the US and in this forum?

Say, for example, something I've noticed is that, when a thread, say for a crime or something else, one person is quick to point that the person involved was black and then everybody, well not everybody, but a lot of folk will come out and say something like "well, it has nothing to do with skin color and blah blah blah" basically reiterating the main point that the lady in the first 2 videos was trying to make, that people choose not to see color out of their own convinience, no?

Idk, as an immigrant, when I came to the US as a young boy, I never met a black person in my life prior to the first 2 days out in the city, I was like woah, he's black, more surprised and curious than anything, then he started speakign spanish and i was blown away haha, but then as I got older and stuff, it's like shunned to point out that people are of certain color, granted it comes with the intentions behind it, but still to this day, I feel something I don't have to be feeling which is feeling like I'm wrong by pointing out that a person is black or that a person is brow, like wtf, that's his skin color, am I supposed to ignore it and say some hypocrite **** like "oh i see no color hurr durr." If someone told me that, I would feel like I just go slapped in the face. why? because the skin color of my skin is part of who am I am, and I'm okay with that, I feel no shame to walk in my shoes, I feel no shame in pointing skin color and accepting that person for being who they are, wtf are they gonna do, go an buy a new skin color?

Like, idk, i understand it's behind the intentions, but at the same time its kinda paradoxical in America 1 if you point out the skin color, youre a racist or somethign. If you turn a blind out to it, then you're a closet racist, like what?

Am I the only one that came in here thinking this was a thread about butthole?

because the skin color of my skin is part of who am I am, and I'm okay with that, I feel no shame to walk in my shoes, I feel no shame in pointing skin color and accepting that person for being who they are, wtf are they gonna do, go an buy a new skin color?

ive talked to folk who are black and some of them growing up had so much negativity surrounding their skin color whether it be from media, their environment, or little things people do around black peopel that other people wouldn't notice.

They've told me that during their teenage years or younger years they would be ashamed or uncomfortable in their own skin. This is REAL life.

yes some people grow up perfectly fine and are proud to be who they are due to a connection with their culture but where does that leave the rest?

Insecure and without role models some people only know what the media tells them.

Think about that, put yourself in someone elses shoes for a moment.

^why would you skip past the 2 in the op which are roughly 15 min. each to watch 30 minutes. of one that's and more than an hour?
zyzz...

Is a white dude that doesn't want that real life...

J/k...

But :stoneface: at the British chick for telling everyone they got half the answers right...

Like son... You're crying and you're on the DOMINANT end... You KNOW that stuff is real when they can't even TAKE WATCHING a white person get berated...

:smh:

Is it sad that I thoroughly enjoyed watching those white people squirm?

:smh: @ myself.

I wouldn't say it's sad that you enjoyed it, maybe you enjoy to see them on the recieving end of being in an inferior position. I've felt like that the first time i've watched it, but realized that majority of colored people have always been in the inferior position; and to see them step in our shoes for a few seconds is kinda relieving.

If you're a young minority in this country, you're gonna get Trayvoned to some extent in your young life. It's sad to see young men criminalized before they've done anything wrong. You live with that constant feeling that people look at you and see a threat. In some cases you just accept it and assume that identity, never realizing your full potential. I couldn't even count the amount of subtle racism I've dealt with but I have plenty of instances of being treated like **** by cops, security guards, etc... and now I have to see my little brother going through it more and more since he turned 18.

Realest part of that video was at the end of the second one when she asked when she'd stop...

powerful stuff.

green eyes checking in.
fam 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom