BREAKING NEWS Mike Vick to the Eagles Confirmed

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Everyone acting like a backup is going to make a huge impact on a team
You ever heard of Earl Moral, Jeff Hostetler and/or Tom Brady

Back up QBs are incredibly important. those 3 happen to WIN SUPERBOWLS the same yr they replaced the injured starting QB

GOT 'EM!

pimp.gif
wait now we're comparing THOSE guys to Mike Vick?
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

sometimes I really think u arent as intelligent as u seem. Did I say he was Tom Brady or any of them?
the dude said Back up QBs dont make impacts. I just proved him wrong...

33f16a4ed909e741e2710e72c348ed993ac76981.pjpg

Gunna, come on... we're talking about a guy who was overrated to begin with. You have to at least be able to admit, despite any feelings you might have for Mike Vick good or bad, that he was overhyped and on his way out of a starting job in Atlanta before the dog fighting stuff started - 13 int's in back to back years, 8-8 record in back to back years. And yet people were feeling like he was just willing his team to victory week in and week out.

Hell - i think most of this man's legend is just that, a legend. You have to be able to admit as a reasonable person that this guy was overrated as a quarterback... hell of an athlete, without a doubt.. but overrated quarterback.

again, what does any of that have to do with what I typed??
You misplaced those rolling icons cause you didnt understand what I wrote or u didnt even bother to read it... all u saw was the bolded names...
tired.gif

AirUpHere23 wrote:
dreClark wrote:
Craftsy21 wrote:
laugh.gif
are you guys really believing Vick is the missing piece to the eagles doing something? is this really what i'm seeing from some of you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
holy #@!#...
laugh.gif

I think thats what they're getting at here with all the "
pimp.gif
"'s and props for a backup...2nd string at best
laugh.gif

Everyone acting like a backup is going to make a huge impact on a team thats on the same path to go nowhere since 1960. Boy oh boy
laugh.gif
roll.gif

How many people said that?

People are just glad that he's back and is ready to work.

eyes.gif

I don't understand all the criticism on the Eagles "doing something". The NFC Championship game wasn't all that far off where they actually played in and nearly beat Arizona to go to the Super Bowl. Philadelphia for the last decade has consistenly been seen in the NFC Championship game where it's almost been a familiarity...

As a life long Eagles fan, and I can say that with complete honesty, not some bandwagon fan...this team is more dangerous than its maybe ever been. Noboby's guaranteeing anything, but if Vick shows up to training camp with the blazing speed and work ethic he needs to have. He is going to kill NFL defenses this year...

He doesn't have to be the man this time around. In Atlanta, he had to be the man because he was the man. This is Donovan's team regardless of the adversity he has had during his career. If you think any different he wouldn't have been on the team for 10 straight years, which in this day and age is an eternity for a team...

Vick's got an "itch" to play again......and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the X-factor this year for Philly. As I mentioned before, this team's dangerous!
devil.gif

As you actually being a life-long Eagles fan i have to applaud you for that....most everyone gave up on them a long time ago.

But besides that, almost doesn't count. The Eagles almost getting to the NFC Championship game, the Eagles almost getting to the playoffs, the Eaglesalmost getting to the superbowl. As much as that team tries they continue to fail and they have yet to win a Superbowl since 1960...which in football is allthe glory. So in the end, the Eagles are still not doing it.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

AirUpHere23 wrote:
dreClark wrote:
Craftsy21 wrote:
laugh.gif
are you guys really believing Vick is the missing piece to the eagles doing something? is this really what i'm seeing from some of you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
holy #@!#...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Everyone acting like a backup is going to make a huge impact on a team thats on the same path to go nowhere since 1960. Boy oh boy
laugh.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

I don't understand all the criticism on the Eagles "doing something". The NFC Championship game wasn't all that far off where they actually played in and nearly beat Arizona to go to the Super Bowl. Philadelphia for the last decade has consistenly been seen in the NFC Championship game where it's almost been a familiarity...

As a life long Eagles fan, and I can say that with complete honesty, not some bandwagon fan...this team is more dangerous than its maybe ever been. Noboby's guaranteeing anything, but if Vick shows up to training camp with the blazing speed and work ethic he needs to have. He is going to kill NFL defenses this year...

He doesn't have to be the man this time around. In Atlanta, he had to be the man because he was the man. This is Donovan's team regardless of the adversity he has had during his career. If you think any different he wouldn't have been on the team for 10 straight years, which in this day and age is an eternity for a team...

Vick's got an "itch" to play again......and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the X-factor this year for Philly. As I mentioned before, this team's dangerous!
devil.gif

As you actually being a life-long Eagles fan i have to applaud you for that....most everyone gave up on them a long time ago.

But besides that, almost doesn't count. The Eagles almost getting to the NFC Championship game, the Eagles almost getting to the playoffs, the Eagles almost getting to the superbowl. As much as that team tries they continue to fail and they have yet to win a Superbowl since 1960...which in football is all the glory. So in the end, the Eagles are still not doing it.

I'm not arguing Super Bowl victories. I've been as frustrated as any other die-hard Eagles fan in terms of this franchise's ability to win the bigchip. But I am saying they are "doin it" in terms of competitive moves and their consistensy to be a top team....

You wouldn't expect this move out of the sorry Detroit Lions for example who at this point needs any marketable player they can get....or the Raiders forthat matter.
laugh.gif

Craftsy21 wrote:

ILL LEGAL OPERATION wrote:

GUNNA GET IT wrote:

Everyone acting like a backup is going to make a huge impact on a team
You ever heard of Earl Moral, Jeff Hostetler and/or Tom Brady

Back up QBs are incredibly important. those 3 happen to WIN SUPERBOWLS the same yr they
replaced the injured starting QB

GOT 'EM!

pimp.gif

wait now we're comparing THOSE guys to Mike Vick?
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

sometimes I really think u arent as intelligent as u seem. Did I say he was Tom Brady or any of them?

the dude said Back up QBs dont make impacts. I just proved him wrong...

33f16a4ed909e741e2710e72c348ed993ac76981.pjpg

Gunna, come on... we're talking about a guy who was overrated to begin with. You have to at least be able to admit, despite any feelings you might have for Mike Vick good or bad, that he was overhyped and on his way out of a starting job in Atlanta before the dog fighting stuff started - 13 int's in back to back years, 8-8 record in back to back years. And yet people were feeling like he was just willing his team to victory week in and week out.

Hell - i think most of this man's legend is just that, a legend. You have to be able to admit as a reasonable person that this guy was overrated as a quarterback... hell of an athlete, without a doubt.. but overrated quarterback.

Forget stats, he wins games. First to win at Lambeau in the playoffs, led to the NFC Championship. He wins games point blank, period. No one is proclaiming himto be a savior, but he definitely will be a threat on the field and if Mcnabb were to go down to an injury he's a great insurance policy. You want your QBto win you games so how is he overrated if he has proven that he can do that in the playoffs?

AirUpHere23 wrote:

AirUpHere23 wrote:
dreClark wrote:
Craftsy21 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
holy #@!#...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

devil.gif

But besides that, almost doesn't count. The Eagles almost getting to the NFC Championship game, the Eagles almost getting to the playoffs, the Eagles almost getting to the superbowl. As much as that team tries they continue to fail and they have yet to win a Superbowl since 1960...which in football is all the glory. So in the end, the Eagles are still not doing it.

I'm not arguing Super Bowl victories. I've been as frustrated as any other die-hard Eagles fan in terms of this franchise's ability to win the big chip. But I am saying they are "doin it" in terms of competitive moves and their consistensy to be a top team....

You wouldn't expect this move out of the sorry Detroit Lions for example who at this point needs any marketable player they can get....or the Raiders for that matter.
laugh.gif

I can see your point and respect where your coming from, the Eagles are an OK team. I wouldnt give them more then that. But you cannot say they are doing itwhen the last time they won a Superbowl your parents may have not even been born yet.

Ive said this before and say this all the time, if they got that bum $*% McNabb off of that team, and that bum $*% Andy Reid off the coaching staff and a fewselect others, i MAY actually like the Eagles being they're another PA team. Both of them are bringing that team down tremendously.

I would actually like to see Vick get the starting position...a few other changes to the team and THEN they would be serious contenders IMO. But until then,they're just a joke.

if they got that bum $*% McNabb off of that team, and that bum $*% Andy Reid off the coaching staff and a few select others, i MAY actually like the Eagles being they're another PA team. Both of them are bringing that team down tremendously.

smh.gif
You know what you deserve for that one don't you? That's right....
indifferent.gif

651akathePaul wrote:
if they got that bum $*% McNabb off of that team, and that bum $*% Andy Reid off the coaching staff and a few select others, i MAY actually like the Eagles being they're another PA team. Both of them are bringing that team down tremendously.

smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Oh no a stoneface!

....tell me when the Eagles won again because of them? If the boyfriends would stop sucking each others !#*@% long enough to focus on the real issues of thatteam, they would be contenders. With both of them bums involved with the organization, the L's will continue to stack up, word to the last 49years.

651akathePaul wrote:

smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Oh no a stoneface!

....tell me when the Eagles won again because of them? If the boyfriends would stop sucking each others !#*@% long enough to focus on the real issues of that team, they would be contenders. With both of them bums involved with the organization, the L's will continue to stack up, word to the last 49 years.

laugh.gif

last time i checked Philly has been to the NFC championship 5 times this decade. I would consider that contending.

do us a favor and stop posting

Despite not winning a Super Bowl, which seems to be your only argument, the Eagles have still been a relatively successful franchis this decade. Only one teamcan win the SB and Philly has been on the cusp 5 years. That's still a damn good football team by any means.

Without McNabb or Reid, they wouldn't even sniffed half that success. You're starting to beleaguer your point by incessantly ranting about no SBvictories.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Reebok didn't waste ANY time:
http://www.nflshop.com/pr...09&parentPage=family
eek.gif
already

p5768460dt.jpg

Walking around wearing this Philadelphia Eagles Michael Vick replica jersey by Reebok[emoji]174[/emoji] lets everyone know you're a hardcore fan. It's made with quick-drying nylon mesh and designed with screen-printed player and team graphics on the chest, back, sleeves and shoulders.

AirUpHere23 wrote:

AirUpHere23 wrote:
dreClark wrote:
Craftsy21 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
holy #@!#...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

devil.gif

I'm not arguing Super Bowl victories. I've been as frustrated as any other die-hard Eagles fan in terms of this franchise's ability to win the big chip. But I am saying they are "doin it" in terms of competitive moves and their consistensy to be a top team....

You wouldn't expect this move out of the sorry Detroit Lions for example who at this point needs any marketable player they can get....or the Raiders for that matter.
laugh.gif

I can see your point and respect where your coming from, the Eagles are an OK team. I wouldnt give them more then that. But you cannot say they are doing it when the last time they won a Superbowl your parents may have not even been born yet.

Ive said this before and say this all the time, if they got that bum $*% McNabb off of that team, and that bum $*% Andy Reid off the coaching staff and a few select others, i MAY actually like the Eagles being they're another PA team. Both of them are bringing that team down tremendously.

I would actually like to see Vick get the starting position...a few other changes to the team and THEN they would be serious contenders IMO. But until then, they're just a joke.

Okay, you have your opinion on it and I have mine. I respectfully disagree, but I do think the best of Donovan McNabb is over. I'm not saying D-Maccan't put up big numbers in games if he gets hot but he'll always be judged on whether or not he won a championship...

Andy Reid on the other hand is a very good coach. I don't agree with what he does all of the time, but as long as he keeps the team in contention to win inthe playoffs where it matters means the most to me...Reid has had alot of flaws though. His coaching ability in big games like the Arizona game for instanceseems to get stagnant as the game goes on and I look at that as a flaw. So although I do think Andy Reid has cemented his legacy in Philadelphia, I don'tknow how much farther the team can go with Reid.....although the players are the ones that play the game for the reason and players can make the coach of anyteam look like Vince Lombardi or they can make the coach look like Wayne Fontes..lol.

Vick's got ability, amazing ability but I don't think he fits into a system as well as McNabb does...which is why I think Vick will be perfect as anoptional QB/WR threat ala Kordell Stewart used to be for the Steelers....in other words I don't fully believe in Mike Vick's ability as a QB, but I dobelieve he is a fantastic athlete who just happens to have a cannon of an arm.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by MaxElite

651akathePaul wrote:

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
Oh no a stoneface!

....tell me when the Eagles won again because of them? If the boyfriends would stop sucking each others !#*@% long enough to focus on the real issues of that team, they would be contenders. With both of them bums involved with the organization, the L's will continue to stack up, word to the last 49 years.

laugh.gif

last time i checked Philly has been to the NFC championship 5 times this decade. I would consider that contending.

do us a favor and stop posting

Has been to are your key words there genius. Keep pulling at strings though. How many times did they win the NFC Championship? ONCE in the last 10years. Last time i checked they have won 0 superbowls, in a much longer time span they you've been alive. Thats what really mattersin football, not NFC Championship runs. Philly almost made it though!! Keep holding onto that.

hope you radical dog lovers don't eat meat...if so you're one of the biggest hypocrites around...hope you're picking up stray dogs too...

and people say we have our priorities backwards lmao...yea...

Fade On You
"They would be contenders"

Those are your own words

So tell me what is your definition of a "contender?"

If contender means a SB champion, then you are right, they are not contenders.

But since you obviously do not know what a contender is, you should probably look it up

AirUpHere23 wrote:

AirUpHere23 wrote:

AirUpHere23 wrote:
dreClark wrote:
Craftsy21 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
holy #@!#...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

devil.gif

laugh.gif

I can see your point and respect where your coming from, the Eagles are an OK team. I wouldnt give them more then that. But you cannot say they are doing it when the last time they won a Superbowl your parents may have not even been born yet.

Ive said this before and say this all the time, if they got that bum $*% McNabb off of that team, and that bum $*% Andy Reid off the coaching staff and a few select others, i MAY actually like the Eagles being they're another PA team. Both of them are bringing that team down tremendously.

I would actually like to see Vick get the starting position...a few other changes to the team and THEN they would be serious contenders IMO. But until then, they're just a joke.

Okay, you have your opinion on it and I have mine. I respectfully disagree, but I do think the best of Donovan McNabb is over. I'm not saying D-Mac can't put up big numbers in games if he gets hot but he'll always be judged on whether or not he won a championship...

Andy Reid on the other hand is a very good coach. I don't agree with what he does all of the time, but as long as he keeps the team in contention to win in the playoffs where it matters means the most to me...Reid has had alot of flaws though. His coaching ability in big games like the Arizona game for instance seems to get stagnant as the game goes on and I look at that as a flaw. So although I do think Andy Reid has cemented his legacy in Philadelphia, I don't know how much farther the team can go with Reid.....although the players are the ones that play the game for the reason and players can make the coach of any team look like Vince Lombardi or they can make the coach look like Wayne Fontes..lol.

Vick's got ability, amazing ability but I don't think he fits into a system as well as McNabb does...which is why I think Vick will be perfect as an optional QB/WR threat ala Kordell Stewart used to be for the Steelers....in other words I don't fully believe in Mike Vick's ability as a QB, but I do believe he is a fantastic athlete who just happens to have a cannon of an arm.
grin.gif

Respected.

I think the team would have been better going the "restructure" method IMO....McNabbs "better" days have been over for a couple of yearsnow. I think if they started to restructure parts of that team a few years ago, they would be something serious. A different QB after McNabb fell off was amust for them to do years ago....they didn't. I think they're holding onto the fact they still think McNabb has something left in him. He'sdrained. And i really think Reid is no good for that team.

Back
Top Bottom