BREAKING NEWS Mike Vick to the Eagles Confirmed

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif
are you guys really believing Vick is the missing piece to the eagles doing something? is this really what i'm seeing from some of you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
holy #@!#...
laugh.gif

I think thats what they're getting at here with all the "
pimp.gif
"'s and props for a backup...2nd string at best
laugh.gif

Everyone acting like a backup is going to make a huge impact on a team thats on the same path to go nowhere since 1960. Boy oh boy
laugh.gif
roll.gif
I mean a lot of people missed Vick while he was away from the NFL....
grin.gif

Anyways I'm hoping Vick would fulfill his agreement with Jeffery Lurie.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Everyone acting like a backup is going to make a huge impact on a team
You ever heard of Earl Moral, Jeff Hostetler and/or Tom Brady

Back up QBs are incredibly important. those 3 happen to WIN SUPERBOWLS the same yr they replaced the injured starting QB

GOT 'EM!

pimp.gif

Glad to see Mike back in the league and with a good team, Tony Dungy is a stand up dude, class personified.

If the Eagles go out there and lineup with the biggest offensive line in the league, and have McNabb under center or in the shotgun, and on the field theyposition Maclin, D-Jax, Westbrook, Vick, and McCoy out there.........who do you leave a linebacker on? Who is out in space with all 5 of these guys AT ONCE?
sick.gif

Naw, Vick shouldn't contribute to any of that mayhem, just throw a DE on him right, that'll prolly slow Vick up.
ohwell.gif

This offense is doin 30 a night if they all stay healthy. They play any D, and they get that much more dangerous.

Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif
are you guys really believing Vick is the missing piece to the eagles doing something? is this really what i'm seeing from some of you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
holy #@!#...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Everyone acting like a backup is going to make a huge impact on a team thats on the same path to go nowhere since 1960. Boy oh boy
laugh.gif
roll.gif
How many people said that?

People are just glad that he's back and is ready to work.

eyes.gif

I don't understand all the criticism on the Eagles "doing something". The NFC Championship game wasn't all that far off where they actuallyplayed in and nearly beat Arizona to go to the Super Bowl. Philadelphia for the last decade has consistenly been seen in the NFC Championship game whereit's almost been a familiarity...

As a life long Eagles fan, and I can say that with complete honesty, not some bandwagon fan...this team is more dangerous than its maybe ever been.Noboby's guaranteeing anything, but if Vick shows up to training camp with the blazing speed and work ethic he needs to have. He is going to kill NFLdefenses this year...

He doesn't have to be the man this time around. In Atlanta, he had to be the man because he was the man. This is Donovan's team regardless of theadversity he has had during his career. If you think any different he wouldn't have been on the team for 10 straight years, which in this day and age is aneternity for a team...

Vick's got an "itch" to play again......and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the X-factor this year for Philly. As I mentioned before,this team's dangerous!
devil.gif

human society > PETA

ever heard of an insurance policy? that's what the eagles also received with Vick on Mcnabb's knee.

as Ben Franklin once said, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Back up QBs are incredibly important. those 3 happen to WIN SUPERBOWLS the same yr they replaced the injured starting QB

GOT 'EM!

pimp.gif

wait now we're comparing THOSE guys to Mike Vick?
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
holy #@!#...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

I don't understand all the criticism on the Eagles "doing something". The NFC Championship game wasn't all that far off where they actually played in and nearly beat Arizona to go to the Super Bowl. Philadelphia for the last decade has consistenly been seen in the NFC Championship game where it's almost been a familiarity...

As a life long Eagles fan, and I can say that with complete honesty, not some bandwagon fan...this team is more dangerous than its maybe ever been. Noboby's guaranteeing anything, but if Vick shows up to training camp with the blazing speed and work ethic he needs to have. He is going to kill NFL defenses this year...

He doesn't have to be the man this time around. In Atlanta, he had to be the man because he was the man. This is Donovan's team regardless of the adversity he has had during his career. If you think any different he wouldn't have been on the team for 10 straight years, which in this day and age is an eternity for a team...

Vick's got an "itch" to play again......and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the X-factor this year for Philly. As I mentioned before, this team's dangerous!
devil.gif

Eagles almost didn't make the playoffs last year - quit acting like they were just one piece away from having a dominant team.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well - here's one, responding to you. And other people in here are riding that train too.
laugh.gif

preseason NFL threads on NT... life does not get funnier.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^You know what, your right.

You can't compare them to Vick.

They did nothing of note before being thrust into the starting lineup.

Vick led hit teams to the playoff's / NFC Championship before.
Well - here's one, responding to you. And other people in here are riding that train too.
laugh.gif

What train? Please show me where I said Vick will lead this team to success. Please, amuse me.

Point out ANYTHING I said in here that was incorrect.

I can't speak for nobody else, but I know what I said was true. And I'm on no train.
ohwell.gif
eyes.gif

Craftsy21 wrote:
Eagles almost didn't make the playoffs last year - quit acting like they were just one piece away from having a dominant team.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Didn't the Eagles have a draft to help out too?
nerd.gif

Maclin, McCoy, and then Vick. That don't add to a team?

GOT 'EM!

pimp.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

sometimes I really think u arent as intelligent as u seem. Did I say he was Tom Brady or any of them?
the dude said Back up QBs dont make impacts. I just proved him wrong...

33f16a4ed909e741e2710e72c348ed993ac76981.pjpg

This is fantastic news...black/green Vick jersey is COPPED
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Philly media is killing him already though, at least give him a chance

Originally Posted by CP1708

Craftsy21 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

wait, now we're counting draft picks as major contributors, too?
laugh.gif
you realize there's about 10 rookies each year that play a major part on winning teams, right?

it's amazing how year after year people make these ridiculous statements in the preseason and then come January they're shocked it didn't pan outthe way they thought.
^You know what, your right.

You can't compare them to Vick.

They did nothing of note before being thrust into the starting lineup.

Vick led hit teams to the playoff's / NFC Championship before.
I notice nobody ever wants to give Vick the credit for the disappointing years in Atlanta... the hell did he do after that one fluke year in theNFCC?

You're getting a guy who had one great season 5 years ago, who's been away from the game for 2 years... and we're comparing him to great talentswho just needed that first chance to make a name.

Craftsy21 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

See..I think Vick to Philly is a great move for both, but the thing I'm confused about is why everyone is putting so much stock into unproven rookies whomay have been explosive in college, but still have much to prove in the NFL.

The fact that Maclin and McCoy will make huge impacts on the Eagles is kind of stretching it. It may happen, but the odds say it probably won't.

GOT 'EM!

pimp.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

sometimes I really think u arent as intelligent as u seem. Did I say he was Tom Brady or any of them?
the dude said Back up QBs dont make impacts. I just proved him wrong...

33f16a4ed909e741e2710e72c348ed993ac76981.pjpg

Gunna, come on... we're talking about a guy who was overrated to begin with. You have to at least be able to admit, despite any feelings you might havefor Mike Vick good or bad, that he was overhyped and on his way out of a starting job in Atlanta before the dog fighting stuff started - 13 int's in backto back years, 8-8 record in back to back years. And yet people were feeling like he was just willing his team to victory week in and week out.

Hell - i think most of this man's legend is just that, a legend. You have to be able to admit as a reasonable person that this guy was overrated as aquarterback... hell of an athlete, without a doubt.. but overrated quarterback.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
holy #@!#...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

I don't understand all the criticism on the Eagles "doing something". The NFC Championship game wasn't all that far off where they actually played in and nearly beat Arizona to go to the Super Bowl. Philadelphia for the last decade has consistenly been seen in the NFC Championship game where it's almost been a familiarity...

As a life long Eagles fan, and I can say that with complete honesty, not some bandwagon fan...this team is more dangerous than its maybe ever been. Noboby's guaranteeing anything, but if Vick shows up to training camp with the blazing speed and work ethic he needs to have. He is going to kill NFL defenses this year...

He doesn't have to be the man this time around. In Atlanta, he had to be the man because he was the man. This is Donovan's team regardless of the adversity he has had during his career. If you think any different he wouldn't have been on the team for 10 straight years, which in this day and age is an eternity for a team...

Vick's got an "itch" to play again......and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the X-factor this year for Philly. As I mentioned before, this team's dangerous!
devil.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Almost didn't make it...right.. Did they make it though?
grin.gif
Like Isaid in my earlier post, Philly gets it done.
roll.gif
at this hater.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
holy #@!#...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

devil.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif
Like I said in my earlier post, Philly gets it done.
roll.gif
at this hater.
Gets WHAT done?
laugh.gif
they don't even have a history asgood (pathetic) as the Bills... all their losses come in conference chamionships. Yeah, they get it done.

Don't worry though, they signed a felon and drafted real well... this is the year.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Kolb got injured, so the Eagles reinforce the backup QB spot. Vick goes to a team with a strong foundation, and while one may think he's overrated as a QB,the fact remains, he's a great athlete. And with any great athlete, you can do different things with said athlete, ie, different dimensions to your offensethat you didn't have before. All in all, good signing,

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
holy #@!#...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

devil.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif
roll.gif
at this hater.
Gets WHAT done?
laugh.gif
they don't even have a history as good (pathetic) as the Bills... all their losses come in conference chamionships. Yeah, they get it done.

Don't worry though, they signed a felon and drafted real well... this is the year.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You'd think Mike and the Eagles ran a train on his mother the way he hates the move.

I notice nobody ever wants to give Vick the credit for the disappointing years in Atlanta... the hell did he do after that one fluke year in the NFCC?

You're getting a guy who had one great season 5 years ago, who's been away from the game for 2 years... and we're comparing him to great talents who just needed that first chance to make a name.
Where did I absolve him of his sucky play? Where did I ignore his bad years?

Please tell me.

I simply said that unlike those other people, he actually led his team to some success before. Am I wrong?

Bottom line is while Vick was in ATL, they won more than they lost. And if you want to be honest about it, Vicks best season, was his last in Atlanta.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You of all people should understand the importance of the draft and how it can pay immediate dividends.

Craftsy21 wrote:

Craftsy21 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

wait, now we're counting draft picks as major contributors, too?
laugh.gif
you realize there's about 10 rookies each year that play a major part on winning teams, right?

it's amazing how year after year people make these ridiculous statements in the preseason and then come January they're shocked it didn't pan out the way they thought.

Ok, so are these particular rookies guys that have the pressure to carry a franchise?

These guys aren't Matthew Stafford or something like that, they are merely drafted to be contributors to an already explosive offense. They don't haveany pressure on them, or any burden or anything, hell, Mike just made THEIR jobs even easier now as all the eyes will be on him, and not them. Is that toohard for you to figure out? I'm not askin for 2,000 yards from Maclin, or for Vick to take even one snap at QB, just their presence on the field will giveMcNabb options to exploit. You can't just summarily dismiss because they aren't "proven" in your eyes yet.
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
holy #@!#...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

devil.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif
roll.gif
at this hater.
Gets WHAT done?
laugh.gif
they don't even have a history as good (pathetic) as the Bills... all their losses come in conference chamionships. Yeah, they get it done.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Although true, they have had terrible luck getting over the conference championship hump...can you name another team other than the Pats that havehad the overall consistent playoff success the Eagles have had over the last 10 years??...waiting on that...

As far as Vick goes...I am NOT saying Vick is going to bring them to the Super Bowl. But as a fan of the team, which I am, it would be idiotic not to beexcited about the possibilites that can occur from this. I guess you're a guy who like to look at things as the "glass half empty" and I knowit's your job in this thread to hate. Fair enough..but Philadelphia drafts well, they manage the salary cap well, and aside from their inability to win thebig game, this team is consistently competitive.....unlike a few of these garbage teams that some of these other NT'ers support.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom