BREAKING NEWS Mike Vick to the Eagles Confirmed

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Philly need to replace Reid and yall Eagles fans mad passionate
laugh.gif
bottom line, Philly expect McNabb to get injured again or +#@+% again like he's done before. Good pickup, still won't get yall a ring.

We shall see hater.

Great signing by the Eagles. Vick should benefit greatly being around classy guys in McNabb and Reid. It'll be interesting to see how the city ofPhiladelphia treats him.

Did the Eagles address the WR position this off-season? I've always felt that other than the year they had T.O., the Eagles have always had %*+*$#receivers.

your coaching is still a problem. the DC passed and your head coach is a shlub.

interesting though. I thought bills or pats. The city of philly will get behind him

It's obvious Philly has big plans for Mike Vick this season or they wouldn't have signed him. Once Mike gets healthy again it's gonna be bigtrouble for the rest of the league. Dudes got a renewed desire to play again...

..and offensive weapons are all over the field this year for the Eagles. There's no reason why this team can't dominate the NFC this year (again).
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Great signing by the Eagles. Vick should benefit greatly being around classy guys in McNabb and Reid. It'll be interesting to see how the city of Philadelphia treats him.

Did the Eagles address the WR position this off-season? I've always felt that other than the year they had T.O., the Eagles have always had %*+*$# receivers.
D-Jax, Maclin, and Kevin Curtis is more than enough talent for a west coast offense......

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

lets see what happens...mcnabb better step his game up
Seriously? you guys actually think Vick will be playing for the starting job?

hes obviously gonna be the 3rd string maybe 2nd, thats a big maybe

Originally Posted by drock2010

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

lets see what happens...mcnabb better step his game up
Seriously? you guys actually think Vick will be playing for the starting job?

hes obviously gonna be the 3rd string maybe 2nd, thats a big maybe

It will only take a simple little losing streak for Philly fans to start grumbling and the media blowing up the hot seats of Reid and McNabb. If this season islooking grim for whatever reason, be it injuries (this team and McNabb have a good rap sheet of injuries), underacheiving, or any kind of scenario possible,the pressure to let Vick loose will have the hot seats of Reid and McNabb looking like a blazing inferno.

Kolb is still nowhere near Vick's level. Let's not forget, even though I don't think Vick is a great QB, he is a phenomenal athlete and that aloneis good enough to create more difference making plays than Kolb can. Plus he's got at least 6 weeks of nothing but practice and study to polish off most ofhis rust.

This team I really feel will underachieve and probably lose someone (Westbrook or McNabb) to an injury and with such a strong division they'll dropquickly, forcing Vick in to play in the latter half of the year. If Vick did have more options on the table, I can see why this makes sense for him.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Great signing by the Eagles. Vick should benefit greatly being around classy guys in McNabb and Reid. It'll be interesting to see how the city of Philadelphia treats him.

Did the Eagles address the WR position this off-season? I've always felt that other than the year they had T.O., the Eagles have always had %*+*$# receivers.
DeSean had a very good rookie year, Kevin Curtis is solid when healthy, and Maclin should be fun to watch for this season. At least they gottalent than Todd Stinkston, James Thrash, and 1 game wonder Freddie Mitchell.
grin.gif

ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports the Eagles have signed Michael Vick. FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer reports it's a one-year, $1.6 million deal with a $5.2 million team option for 2010.

Despite their training camp injuries, the Eagles are gunning for a Super Bowl title this season. ESPN's Jon Gruden suggested that they see Vick as a "missing piece," with offensive guru Andy Reid finding creative ways to utilize his talent. The Dungy/Vick team placed a high priority on stability, and the Joe Banner/Tom Heckert/Reid trio provide plenty of ballast. Vick is no threat to Donovan McNabb's starting job, [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]but it may be an indication that Kevin Kolb's knee injury is more serious than originally believed.[/color] The $5.2 team option means it's basically a one-year deal, barring a serious injury to McNabb.

Just wondering, do the Eagles have enough money to sign Harrison? Even if he isn't any where near close to what he once was he would easily make the Eaglesa lot better.

Philly still won't get through Arizona or Atlanta. Phil and Atl could meet in the playoffs and that would be serious.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Just wondering, do the Eagles have enough money to sign Harrison? Even if he isn't any where near close to what he once was he would easily make the Eagles a lot better.
He would be a good mentor to DeSean and Maclin and provide rapport to the receivers, but doesn't he carry a cap hit of $13.4 million after hegot released from the Colts? Someone answer this for me. And the Eagles got about $13.6 million left in cap space prior to the Vick signing.

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Just wondering, do the Eagles have enough money to sign Harrison? Even if he isn't any where near close to what he once was he would easily make the Eagles a lot better.
He would be a good mentor to DeSean and Maclin and provide rapport to the receivers, but doesn't he carry a cap hit of $13.4 million after he got released from the Colts? Someone answer this for me.
He actually would do neither of those things, because he's a really quiet guy and also a complete a-hole.
laugh.gif

hate mcnabb after his choke job in the superbowl yet it was still somehow TOs fault, but I gotta root for mike dude needs some success in his life after allthis BS

mcnabbvick_large.jpg

"I am happy that Michael Vick has served his time and will now be afforded the opportunity to move on with his life. I'm sure he will continue to be remorseful and will learn from his experiences. Hopefully he will have the opportunity to continue his dream of playing professional football." - McNabb

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom