BREAKING NEWS! Crabtree to start against Texans! PG. 7

Sorry mods I know He has His own thread but I figured it was breaking news worthy.
ohwell.gif

[h2]Crabtree reportedly signs 6-year deal with 49ers[/h2]Sporting News staff reports
Wednesday, Oct. 7, 2009 - 6:51 a.m. ET

The San Francisco 49ers have reached a contract agreement with rookie holdout Michael Crabtree , sources tell FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer.

The team and their first-round draft pick agreed to a six-year deal early Wednesday morning, team sources told Fox. Crabtree and his agent, Eugene Parker, met in person Tuesday with three 49ers executives: team president Jed York, vice president of football operations Paraag Marathe and G.M. Scot McCloughan, spokesman Bob Lange said.

The 22-year-old wide receiver's contract could void to five years if he meets incentives, according to the website. The source said, "Crabtree finally signed" after he had rejected the team's long-standing offer of approximately five years and $20 million with a reported $16 million guaranteed. He had threatened to go back into the 2010 NFL draft.

For Crabtree to void the sixth year of the contract, he must have two great years in the first four of his career, Fox reports. If he doesn't, the team gets him for the sixth year at $4 million.

The team needed to sign Crabtree by Nov. 17 for him to be eligible to play this season.

Glazer sent out a Twitter post at 6:34 a.m. ET that said, "49er sources say they "FINALLY signed Crabtree." and i'm finally going to bed. details in the a.m."

3016966476_d0c497ca60.jpg

"I dreamed it in my head"

He Dreamed it in his head
roll.gif

Finally. Hopefully the team isn't too hard on him.

He better perform and live up to the hype. Although I dislike him at the moment and didn't want him in the first place if this is true, welcome to the49ers CT. You have a lot of work to do in order to get the respect of the fans back.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

He better perform and live up to the hype. Although I dislike him at the moment and didn't want him in the first place if this is true, welcome to the 49ers CT. You have a lot of work to do in order to get the respect of the fans back.
The fans are NOTHING. I'd rather deal with pleasing the fans than Mike Singletary.
laugh.gif

Mike-Singletary-Seahawks_1403423.jpg

"Can't do it"
laugh.gif

Good for the 49ers for standing pat. They knew there was no way this herb was gonna sit out the whole year and cost himself millions due to ego/selfishness(sp?). This dummy saw the success that the 49ers are having and I'm sure he wanted a part of it. I'm all for dudes getting as much guraranteed money asthey can in the NFL, but when you're unrealistic and extremely selfish...all my sympathy goes out the window. There is going to be IMMENSE pressure on thisdude to produce. This season is a wash, but if he doesn't have at the minimum 800-1000 yards receiving next year, there are going to be a lot of unhappyfolks in that 49ers organization. I have my doubts about this guy.

[h2]Sources: Crabtree, 49ers agree to deal[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com news services

After months of holding out, wide receiver Michael Crabtree has agreed to a contract with the San Francisco 49ers, league sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter.

12563.jpg

Crabtree

Crabtree will get a six-year deal that he can void to five years if he meets undefined performance clauses, a league source told ESPN's Michael Smith.

The 22-year-old Crabtree is expected to report to the team's training facility Wednesday.

Crabtree and agent Eugene Parker met into the early-morning hours Wednesday with 49ers owner Jed York, general manager Scot McCloughan and Paraag Marathe, vice president of football operations. The two sides had gone almost three weeks without talking.

San Francisco selected Crabtree with the 10th pick in this year's draft and could use the wideout's game-breaking ability in the passing game. That said, he has a lot of catching up to do to learn the offense after missing all of training camp.

He also sat out the 49ers' offseason minicamps and organized team activities while recovering from a foot injury, but was a regular presence for rehabilitation and strengthening workouts at the team's training facility.

Coach Mike Singletary, whose 49ers lead the NFC West and at 3-1 are off to their best start since 2002, said Monday he would welcome Crabtree whenever he joins the team.

Crabtree caught 97 passes for 1,165 yards and 19 touchdowns last year during his sophomore season at Texas Tech. He finished his college career with 231 receptions for 3,127 yards and 41 TDs.

Originally Posted by h3at23

How good can he be this season though?
At this point 4 games in? 500 yards+ would be nice but I would say in the 200-350 range. TD's I can't even make a guess. All-Pro'sstruggle to get to the endzone. So 2-4 would be good.

500 yards? he missed all of camp. he hasnt played a single snap. he hasnt worked with any of the qbs. PRactice in the NFL season is basically, 2 days a week.its gonan take him a good 3 weeks just to get in game shape.
he'll be lucky to get 250 yards.

I'm thinkin the 9ers woulda been better off lettin him go back in the draft.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

He better perform and live up to the hype. Although I dislike him at the moment and didn't want him in the first place if this is true, welcome to the 49ers CT. You have a lot of work to do in order to get the respect of the fans back.
laugh.gif
Who gives a #!$% about the respect of the fans
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I wanna see the $$$ of the contract.

Hopefully he didn't get a Ricky Williams/Andre Smith contract w/ those performance clauses.

There was no way he was gonna sit out and re-enter the draft...with the great start, niners added more leverage in their favor...now lets see how he produceson the field....can't wait

Finally.
smh.gif

This season is pretty much a wash for this clown though.

I think it was more of the people around him keeping him out than Crabtree keeping him out. He doesn't take me as the person who can make a decision likethis on his own.

oh well if he doesnt produce (i personally dont think hes that good)....then this was all for nothing

Back
Top Bottom