Breaking News : Bowlen says Broncos will try to trade Cutler

laugh.gif
McDaniels is gonna sink himself before he even gets started though...

If this tenure in Denver doesn't work out, this whole ordeal is going to be a HUGE red flag on his resume in the future... Alienating yourself from afranchise quarterback within two weeks of accepting a job and not having a viable replacement in place quickly...
sick.gif
smh.gif

He better hope like hell he can get this ship righted, and QUICK...

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by aepps20

The problem I have with this situation is that everyone in Denver and around the country know that the Broncos D was the biggest problem. I was all for the team trading Cutler when McDaniels arrived so long as the trade would get us some draft picks and some help for the D-line.

I was shocked when I read the stat when this first started that he's 13-1 when the opposing team scores 21 or fewer. I think too much weight is being put on his record being under .500 saying he needs to prove himself and get his team into the playoffs.

Exactly..I guess its just human nature to criticize people like that When I would get to watch Broncos games here in NYC I would pray that our defense just gotlucky and gave up a field goal or that they would let the opposing team score quickly because it seemed like our Defense can't stop anything but its turnsinto the QB fault.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif

If this tenure in Denver doesn't work out, this whole ordeal is going to be a HUGE red flag on his resume in the future... Alienating yourself from a franchise quarterback within two weeks of accepting a job and not having a viable replacement in place quickly...
sick.gif
smh.gif

this @%@+ is surreal. before coaching a single snap....in TRAINING CAMP EVEN, this guy has alienated his franchise qb to the point that silentowner Pat Bowlen jumps the gun and shows his hand by releasin a statement that Cutler is bout to get thrown to the lions?...the****?

somewhere Mike Shanahan is drinkin Patron out the bottle stumblin off and
roll.gif
on the beach of the Riviera..

still on the payroll...

Maldonado....how did the Denver media treat Cutler? I'm just curious, because in some aspects he is very similar to Tony Romo. However, Romo has beenscrutinized beyond belief for many of his short comings (decision making, INTs, etc)....there are a lot of parallels between Romo & Cutler IMO.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif

If this tenure in Denver doesn't work out, this whole ordeal is going to be a HUGE red flag on his resume in the future... Alienating yourself from a franchise quarterback within two weeks of accepting a job and not having a viable replacement in place quickly...
sick.gif
smh.gif

A huge red flag and he's what 32?
laugh.gif
He'll be back as an OC in aheartbeat.

I'm trying to see it from both sides though Jay did take this too much to heart. He's a good QB IMO and any team would be lucky to have him. Justdon't let any rumors leak out that you're even thinking about looking at a new QB whether it be the draft or an FA and you'll be good.

Two questions I've been thinking about:

Does he need to go to a team with a great WR and a good supporting cast to excel or can he be a Drew Brees imitation and put up huge numbers with not greatcalibur talent around?

And what's it going to take for a team to get Cutler in a trade?

Here's my thoughts. Obviously, the best stance on this is to keep Cutler. And I'm honestly shocked that it has come down to this. I really thoughthe'd be in the fold for this season, and if it was a success everything would forgotten, and a new contract would've been offered. Apparently, that hasall done a complete 180 in the past 24 hours. Looking at possible destinations, I really can only think of 2. The Jets and the Lions. The Lions makes the mostsense, b/c they can offer a 1st and 2nd rounder this year, and a 1st rounder next year. (This is what I believe the asking price is going to be around) Say allthat you will, but bottom line, Cutler has been in the league for 3 years, is already a pro-bowl QB, thrown for over 4,500, and in most teams' eyes, aproven commodity. To think that we will give anything up as far as draft picks go is obsurd. If the Browns get involved with the Jets in a 3 team deal, it willmost definitely cost at least Quinn, and a combination of Shaun Rogers and a 1st rounder from the Jets. The Browns will in my best guess get at best a 2ndrounder. Which IMO gives them a decent value. Mangini doesn't have faith in Quinn, and its not like the relationship between the Browns and Rogers is agreat one. They don't have a lot of leverage. They Bronco's on the other hand do. At least 10 teams have contacted them. I will echo what was saidearlier, QB's like this do not become available but once in a blue moon. So you better believe there will be a market. I personally am hoping for theDetroit deal. I'll take a gamble on Stafford, he's got a lot of tools, and I'll gladly take a 2nd and a future 1st. There won't be a fire saleor discount on Cutler, its going to cost a lot. Hopefully the Broncos braintrust can cast aside all these screw ups and pull off a deal to secure a successfulfuture. Here's keeping my fingers crossed, but I don't have a lot of faith. Maybe they can restore some.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Maldonado....how did the Denver media treat Cutler? I'm just curious, because in some aspects he is very similar to Tony Romo. However, Romo has been scrutinized beyond belief for many of his short comings (decision making, INTs, etc)....there are a lot of parallels between Romo & Cutler IMO.
He was treated well and was pretty much hailed as the next Elway by most of the media. His "better arm than Elway" comments and hissometimes brutally honest, sometimes tact-less demeanor in post game interviews late in last seasons games we lost raised a few eyebrows. There was alsosomething about how in certain games he seemed disinterested and kinda lost on the field, I didnt read much into it. Honestly though before the Shanahanfiring, most of the criticism was directed at our horrid defense. then the subsequent firing of shanahan and this.. and now here we are today. .

I truly felt with maturation in his decision making and a few minor adjustments that he could have had a stellar, maybe record breaking season this year underMcDaniels.

since the trade seems inevitable, Im willing to move on without though.

Chris Simms?...yikes.

Teams do what's best for the team
I don't see why players can't do what's best for them without being called a crybaby

Stop your obsession w/ Pat White, he ain't even that nice
laugh.gif

Looking like the browns are front runners
smh.gif

"Per my source, the deal is Quinn plus our 2nd round pick (#36) to Denver for Cutler. Details are being ironed out as I type, the deal may also include a swapping of 4th rounders or a player TBA. Look for there to be another pick and a player involved in this deal. "

-Bernie Kosar on ESPN 850 WKNR

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by dland24

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.denverexaminer...090401-Cutler-Trade.html

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
in the fine print:

This April Fools story has been brought to you by 49erswebzone.com. If you have read this far, you probably already figured that out.

don't waste your time.

Ah yes....good ole April 1st. Didnt remember that was today. fmylife
In Buffalo, newly signed wide receiver Terrell Owens was seen getting into an altercation with Bills quarterback Trent Edwards during a charity Ultimate Frisbee tournament. Onlookers overheard Owens could yelling "Throw me the [expletive] frisbee! I'm open!" while getting really close to Edwards. Owens was later seen throwing popcorn in Edwards' face before storming out of the facility where the event was being held. Edwards and Owens could not be reached for comment.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by sjuelz

Come on bears step up for a change and get a proven QB.
Stupid Bears will never do it.

And if I had a new boss who tried to trade me for another guy, then I'd want out too. Screw them...

Reportedly the Skins are going hard for Cutler.

Already offering Jason Campbell to an undisclosed team for a 2nd rounder, that would be part of a package for Jay.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Already offering Jason Campbell to an undisclosed team for a 2nd rounder, that would be part of a package for Jay.
[h1]******** Trying to Land Cutler (Update 2)[/h1]

The Washington ******** are actively pursuing a trade for disgruntled Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler tonight, according to NFL sources.

One source said the ******** are trying to complete the deal as quickly as possible although at least two other teams, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets, are also reportedly interested in acquiring Cutler. The two-year starter became available today when the Broncos announced they would trade him. Denver officials could not be reached for comment tonight.

The ******** declined comment.

The source said ******** owner Daniel M. Snyder has been pushing for the trade in an attempt to finally solve the team's decades-long pursuit of a franchise quarterback.

Another NFL source said a high-ranking ******** official contacted one NFL team today about the possibility of trading quarterback Jason Campbell for a second-round pick in the upcoming draft. That source said he interpreted the ********' overture as an attempt by Washington to put together a package to acquire Cutler.

Link

smh.gif
there we go giving up a pick....
indifferent.gif

The Washington ******** are actively pursuing a trade for disgruntled Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler tonight, according to NFL sources.

One source said the ******** are trying to complete the deal as quickly as possible although at least two other teams, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets, are also reportedly interested in acquiring Cutler. The two-year starter became available today when the Broncos announced they would trade him. Denver officials could not be reached for comment tonight.

The source said ******** owner Daniel M. Snyder has been pushing for the trade in an attempt to finally solve the team's decades-long pursuit of a franchise quarterback.

Another NFL source said a high-ranking ******** official contacted one NFL team today about the possibility of trading quarterback Jason Campbell for a second-round pick in the upcoming draft. That source said he interpreted the ********' overture as an attempt by Washington to put together a package to acquire Cutler.
Link

smh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
You think if this doesn't go through Campbell will startcomplaining and demand a trade?

Link

smh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
You think if this doesn't go through Campbell will start complaining and demand a trade?
I just have a feeling that he isn't in the Skins long-term plans anyways....he's in the last year of his contract, but no extension hasbeen offered. That says a lot in the grand scheme of things as far as what many in the Skins FO think of Jason Campbell. I think Campbell should get thislast year to show what he can do with NO EXCUSES. I'm just not a believer in Jay Cutler succeeding in the Skins system, especially behind the currentO-line (which may be hurt even more if we give up a pick to get Cutler). He (Cutler) had the luxury of playing behind one of the best O-lines in the NFL, butit's like a 180 when you compare the Broncos line to the Skins. He's not going to have that time to get rid of the ball like he did with the Broncos. Also, the 18 INT's is real high considering how good the people were in front of him. His #'s would take a huge hit assuming he was traded toWashington.

Maybe the Broncos view Cutler as a "system" guy, and I hate that term. Yeah, he's talented...but I guess he's easily replacable in thesystem that they run and also the the O-line that they have. If Campbell is traded for him, they must not feel like there is going to be a huge drop-off inproduction if #17 is under center in Denver. They've traded Portis becuase they can get production from other RB's in their system, and I guess theyfeel the same way when viewing Cutler....

If Cutler is brought into DC...great. I wish him the best of luck. However, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high as far as what he's going to do withour current O-line and contrasting passing system (compared to Denver) that is run here in DC....

Vikings?
nerd.gif

As a Broncos fan I'm going to be heart broken.

But at the same time this dude whines like a *+#%$!+ baby.
smh.gif

Link

smh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
You think if this doesn't go through Campbell will start complaining and demand a trade?
I just have a feeling that he isn't in the Skins long-term plans anyways....he's in the last year of his contract, but no extension has been offered. That says a lot in the grand scheme of things as far as what many in the Skins FO think of Jason Campbell. I think Campbell should get this last year to show what he can do with NO EXCUSES. I'm just not a believer in Jay Cutler succeeding in the Skins system, especially behind the current O-line (which may be hurt even more if we give up a pick to get Cutler). He (Cutler) had the luxury of playing behind one of the best O-lines in the NFL, but it's like a 180 when you compare the Broncos line to the Skins. He's not going to have that time to get rid of the ball like he did with the Broncos. Also, the 18 INT's is real high considering how good the people were in front of him. His #'s would take a huge hit assuming he was traded to Washington.

Maybe the Broncos view Cutler as a "system" guy, and I hate that term. Yeah, he's talented...but I guess he's easily replacable in the system that they run and also the the O-line that they have. If Campbell is traded for him, they must not feel like there is going to be a huge drop-off in production if #17 is under center in Denver. They've traded Portis becuase they can get production from other RB's in their system, and I guess they feel the same way when viewing Cutler....

If Cutler is brought into DC...great. I wish him the best of luck. However, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high as far as what he's going to do with our current O-line and contrasting passing system (compared to Denver) that is run here in DC....

I wrote my response jokingly I didn't expect all this back
laugh.gif

But in all seriousness you do have a valid point there. What has Campbell had 3 OC's in 4 seasons? I think he deserves another shot. To add to theO-Line point the defenses in the NFC East are much tougher and put more pressure on the QB than the D out West. Although I have more faith in him to succeedthan you may have I still see him struggling a bit to adjust.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom