Breaking News : Bowlen says Broncos will try to trade Cutler

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

Okay you tell me what are the big diffrences between A. Jay Cutler and B. Jason Campbell and dont be bias be truthful

because I see the same QB, Jason just doest have as much confidence to throw into windows "yet" mainly because he has been in multiple systems. They both have cannon's and both are able to scramble.

EDIT:Yes Jason tends to hold onto the ball and that may sway people to think he has no QB vision but I believe that is just him not being completly comfortable out on the field in the "offensive system" if the QB knows and has played in the system and still sucks then okay I would agree with you completely. But Jason has never really settle into one system like others ...

So what do you think?

man i cant not be bias ... sorry, jason campbell is one of the worst qs in the league .... theres a reason why todd collins got you to the playoffs

LilStarZ07 wrote:
brandonb2005 wrote:
Okay you tell me what are the big diffrences between A. Jay Cutler and B. Jason Campbell and dont be bias be truthful

because I see the same QB, Jason just doest have as much confidence to throw into windows "yet" mainly because he has been in multiple systems. They both have cannon's and both are able to scramble.

EDIT:Yes Jason tends to hold onto the ball and that may sway people to think he has no QB vision but I believe that is just him not being completly comfortable out on the field in the "offensive system" if the QB knows and has played in the system and still sucks then okay I would agree with you completely. But Jason has never really settle into one system like others ...

So what do you think?

man i cant not be bias ... sorry, jason campbell is one of the worst qs in the league .... theres a reason why todd collins got you to the playoffs

laugh.gif
still being a Cowboys "ride'em" boy ha?

Jason was hurt and that is the only reason Todd Collins got to play...(Todd was in that Al Saunders system for a min too!)

But for-real where is your reasoning?

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

I don't dislike Jason Campbell in fact I would hope the Vikings would go get him if the Skins are truly danglin him for offers, but you have Jay Cutler who was in his first full year of starting (correct me if I'm wrong) and had 4500 yds 25 tds and 18ints...yes the INTs are high, but he'll cut down on them I would think.

Theres no reason why 90% of the NFL shouldn't at least be inquiring about him and if you can get him without giving up your future then you should do it

And off topic, but why do fans of other teams especially on this board, get so mad at the decision the Skins make with their personnel?

Where do I start (Skins fan here)

I think it is because the ******** are known for just not giving a +@$% just to get a player no matter the money or however many drafts picks they have to giveaway to get that player. Its great to have an aggressive owner but why over pay/trade picks to get a player who isn't even valued at what you are givingup for them.

It truly hurts as a ******** fan to watch us constantly over pay aging veterans, then our salary cap is in shambles when we try to re-sign are younger players.

Man that's all I got (its a lot more but I will let the question get answered by the people you directed it towards)
ohwell.gif

Proshares wrote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Proshares wrote:
DoubleJs07 wrote:
franchise3 wrote:
Reportedly the Skins are going hard for Cutler.

Already offering Jason Campbell to an undisclosed team for a 2nd rounder, that would be part of a package for Jay.
[h1]******** Trying to Land Cutler (Update 2)[/h1]

The Washington ******** are actively pursuing a trade for disgruntled Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler tonight, according to NFL sources.

One source said the ******** are trying to complete the deal as quickly as possible although at least two other teams, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets, are also reportedly interested in acquiring Cutler. The two-year starter became available today when the Broncos announced they would trade him. Denver officials could not be reached for comment tonight.

The ******** declined comment.

The source said ******** owner Daniel M. Snyder has been pushing for the trade in an attempt to finally solve the team's decades-long pursuit of a franchise quarterback.

Another NFL source said a high-ranking ******** official contacted one NFL team today about the possibility of trading quarterback Jason Campbell for a second-round pick in the upcoming draft. That source said he interpreted the ********' overture as an attempt by Washington to put together a package to acquire Cutler.

Link

smh.gif
there we go giving up a pick....
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
You think if this doesn't go through Campbell will start complaining and demand a trade?
I just have a feeling that he isn't in the Skins long-term plans anyways....he's in the last year of his contract, but no extension has been offered. That says a lot in the grand scheme of things as far as what many in the Skins FO think of Jason Campbell. I think Campbell should get this last year to show what he can do with NO EXCUSES. I'm just not a believer in Jay Cutler succeeding in the Skins system, especially behind the current O-line (which may be hurt even more if we give up a pick to get Cutler). He (Cutler) had the luxury of playing behind one of the best O-lines in the NFL, but it's like a 180 when you compare the Broncos line to the Skins. He's not going to have that time to get rid of the ball like he did with the Broncos. Also, the 18 INT's is real high considering how good the people were in front of him. His #'s would take a huge hit assuming he was traded to Washington.

Maybe the Broncos view Cutler as a "system" guy, and I hate that term. Yeah, he's talented...but I guess he's easily replacable in the system that they run and also the the O-line that they have. If Campbell is traded for him, they must not feel like there is going to be a huge drop-off in production if #17 is under center in Denver. They've traded Portis becuase they can get production from other RB's in their system, and I guess they feel the same way when viewing Cutler....

If Cutler is brought into DC...great. I wish him the best of luck. However, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high as far as what he's going to do with our current O-line and contrasting passing system (compared to Denver) that is run here in DC....

I wrote my response jokingly I didn't expect all this back
laugh.gif

But in all seriousness you do have a valid point there. What has Campbell had 3 OC's in 4 seasons? I think he deserves another shot. To add to the O-Line point the defenses in the NFC East are much tougher and put more pressure on the QB than the D out West. Although I have more faith in him to succeed than you may have I still see him struggling a bit to adjust.

We'll just have to wait and see.
absolute truth! if he throws 17 picks in the AFC west i couldnt imagine how worst his numbers would be in the NFC East

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

because I see the same QB
laugh.gif

Don't blame it on the offensive system.

To quote Rock from another thread:

You can put Farve, Manning or Sammy Baugh in this Offense and they will look like Heath Shuler. Whats the use of a strong arm if the coach aint letting you throw down field and when you do its to a ******?

You put Jason Campbell on the Broncos and do you realistically think he could put up the type of numbers that Jay Cutler put up? You're kidding yourself ifyou think so.

Cutler is a franchise QB. Everybody agrees. Jason Campbell? The jury is still out.

A lot of people never understood why the Broncos would even entertain the idea of trading for Matt Cassell in the first place. So ask yourself, is JasonCampbell even better than a Matt Cassell in your eyes? If so, how much better? I think it's a tough case to make saying Campbell is that much better, ifeven better than a Matt Cassell.

Therefore simple deductions prove that Cutler and Campbell are nowhere near the same QB.
laugh.gif

DoubleJs07 wrote:
Kiddin Like Jason wrote:
because I see the same QB
laugh.gif

Don't blame it on the offensive system.

To quote Rock from another thread:

You can put Farve, Manning or Sammy Baugh in this Offense and they will look like Heath Shuler. Whats the use of a strong arm if the coach aint letting you throw down field and when you do its to a ******?

roll.gif

absolute truth! if he throws 17 picks in the AFC west i couldnt imagine how worst his numbers would be in the NFC East

This is exactly what I am talking about!

You have: Some of the premiere people/teams that get after the QB in the NFC east
- Usi
-J.Tuck
-D.Ware
- The Eagles zone-blitz a alot

The you have premiere corners/secondaries as well:
- T.Newman
- A. Samuel
- Giants secondary

If he throwing double digits INT's out in the AFC his %$$ is going to be in the 30's #$!%%@* around in the NFC east, that's like 2 a game
sick.gif

You put Jason Campbell on the Broncos and do you realistically think he could put up the type of numbers that Jay Cutler put up? You're kidding yourself if you think so.
Yea but put Campbell with a solid O-Line in Denver with the diminished defenses of the AFC West and you never know what could happen. Not sayinghe'd be better than Cutler but I'd say he'd be better than he is now.

yes the INTs are high, but he'll cut down on them I would think.

Not if he goes to the Skins.

And I like Cutler.

You take the good with the bad. Cutler is still a relatively young QB. To say what you see is what you get with him would be off IMO. He has room forimprovement.

People can talk about the interceptions and hey maybe you guys have a point.

But Jay also can give you 300 yard passing games on a more consistant basis.

Don't hold your breath for Jason Campbell doing that.

franchise3 wrote:
You put Jason Campbell on the Broncos and do you realistically think he could put up the type of numbers that Jay Cutler put up? You're kidding yourself if you think so.

Cutler is a franchise QB. Everybody agrees. Jason Campbell? The jury is still out.

A lot of people never understood why the Broncos would even entertain the idea of trading for Matt Cassell in the first place. So ask yourself, is Jason Campbell even better than a Matt Cassell in your eyes? If so, how much better? I think it's a tough case to make saying Campbell is that much better, if even better than a Matt Cassell.

Therefore simple deductions prove that Cutler and Campbell are nowhere near the same QB.
laugh.gif

Jay Cutler - AFC WEST
College systems- 1
NFL systems-1
TD/INT: 54/37
sick.gif

Sacked: 51
QB rating: 87.1

Jason Campbell - NFC EAST
College system-3
NFL systems-4
TD/INT: 35/23
Sacked: 66
QB Rating: 80.4

Originally Posted by franchise3

umm, yes.

The skins didn't ask campbell to do nearly as much as cutler was forced to do with a non-existant run game.

the unwarrented hype for cutler is astounding

people acting like you cant succeed if you havent been in a system forever ... get real ... campbell just sucks

Looks like it's going down:

Source: Cutler trade imminent

By John Keim
Examiner Staff Writer 4/3/09

The ******** are close to completing a deal for Denver quarterback Jay Cutler, according an NFL source said.

The source, who told The Examiner of the ********' interest in Cutler two weeks ago, was uncertain what Washington had to surrender in the deal and said it's "going down as we speak." The ******** have shopped current starter quarterback Jason Campbell.

The source had said in a separate conversation about five minutes earlier that Washington appeared to be bumped from the favorite position in favor of another team, possibly Cleveland. However, after hanging up he quickly called back to say, "It changed."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/********-Cutler-trade-42337677.html

I am all for this trade if it's spot on Cutler for Campbell without any first/second round picks. I've been hearing rumors that Cooley would beincluded in the trade which is a big NO

I was never a fan of the Haynesworth signing, but I did think that Deangelo Hall was a good pick up.

I seriously hope Thomas and Kelly can step it up because truthfully I'm not a big fan of 5 foot Santana. Campbell clearly overthrows a lot of passes.Passes that could be caught with a 6ft WR.

We need to pick up an offensive lineman in the first draft possibly Eugene Monroe if hes still available or Andre Smith. It's pretty clear that our OLplain out sucks.

Campbell really has been a scapegoat his entire career. If hes still here next season, see how he does on his last contract year then make a decision.

Originally Posted by franchise3

A lot of people never understood why the Broncos would even entertain the idea of trading for Matt Cassell in the first place. So ask yourself, is Jason Campbell even better than a Matt Cassell in your eyes? If so, how much better? I think it's a tough case to make saying Campbell is that much better, if even better than a Matt Cassell.

laugh.gif

"franchise" QB's don't go on the trade market like this. I'm sorry, but they just don't. Campbell is NOT on Cutler'slevel...I'll happily admit it, but obviously the Broncos see Cutler as EASILY replacable if they are shopping him around, and names like Campbell and Quinnare being discussed as possible replacements.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Looks like it's going down:

Source: Cutler trade imminent

By John Keim
Examiner Staff Writer 4/3/09

The ******** are close to completing a deal for Denver quarterback Jay Cutler, according an NFL source said.

The source, who told The Examiner of the ********' interest in Cutler two weeks ago, was uncertain what Washington had to surrender in the deal and said it's "going down as we speak." The ******** have shopped current starter quarterback Jason Campbell.

The source had said in a separate conversation about five minutes earlier that Washington appeared to be bumped from the favorite position in favor of another team, possibly Cleveland. However, after hanging up he quickly called back to say, "It changed."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/********-Cutler-trade-42337677.html

ncbhn8.gif

damn it man ... before it happens i just want to say, i dont think jay cutler is as good as everyone thinks he is ... let me just get that out there before imlabeled a skins hater when he becomes a skin ... that being said, he is LIGHTYEARS ahead of jason campbell in my eyes and this would put the ******** abovephilly in the division and right up there with the NYG ... yes im saying the cowboys will now be 4th in the division as a result of this trade to the skins ...

look on the bright side skins fans, yall cant draft good anyway ... who cares if you give up draft picks, count it as a blessing ...

what a day to be a boys fan ... we are looking forward to a team run by romo and jason garrett ... the skins go out and get the best possible players on bothsides of the ball ... the giants and eagles are just good organizations and will always be fine ... ima always live and die with my boys, but god damn imthinkin its about to be a sloooooooow painful death next season ... smh

if this is in fact going down, then it HAS to include that 1st round pick.

theres no other way. my guess is Campbell and the 1st round pick or the 1st and 3rd?

unbelieveable.

MaxElite wrote:
if this is in fact going down, then it HAS to include that 1st round pick.

theres no other way. my guess is Campbell and the 1st round pick or the 1st and 3rd?

unbelieveable.

Not only that you better hope Chris Cooley isn't a part of that deal!

Man I hate the ******** for doing this! (IF! the rumors are true)!

They are still my team! but common everybody in the locker room already likes Jason this is going to mess up the chemistry on the team.

WHY! DANNY you were doing so good until this year (Haynesworth, and Cutler)
smh.gif

Why are you guys so aganist the Haynesworth signing?

Theres no way hes going to see that full contract and pass rush is one major thing you guys needs

laugh.gif
When was the last time the ******** actually had a full slate of draft picks going into a draft? Seems like every year they're short a pick in thefirst three rounds...

NoneOfYours25 wrote:
Why are you guys so aganist the Haynesworth signing?

Theres no way hes going to see that full contract and pass rush is one major thing you guys needs

I'm not against it just, speaking that we were doing good not going after big names and actually having more then 2 or 3 drafts picks a year

Good, let the ******** overpay (well, in this case, overtrade) for him.

Back
Top Bottom