Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

yeah but in the breaking bad storyline he meets saul for the first time in season 2

i guess he could have a client in walts class and he can make a tiny cameo. its more likely that jessie could make a cameo though

I hear you, but everyone is missin me. Not walt, Cranston, thee actor. He can play any role. Rival lawyer, bus driver, door man, lead singer in a mariachi band. Just a character for one episode most likely, and prolly a small role at that, just to giv a nod the Gilligan and for the fans. He dont even have to look like he does. Put him in a wwheel chair n call him jimmy, throw some black face on em, ninja costume, whatever.... Just havin the same actors under Gilligans production banner would be dope.

Last edited:

yeah but in the breaking bad storyline he meets saul for the first time in season 2

i guess he could have a client in walts class and he can make a tiny cameo. its more likely that jessie could make a cameo though
I hear you, but everyone is missin me. Not walt, Cranston, thee actor. He can play any role. Rival lawyer, bus driver, door man, lead singer in a mariachi band. Just a character for one episode most likely, and prolly a small role at that, just to giv a nod the Gilligan and for the fans. He dont even have to look like he does. Put him in a wwheel chair n call him jimmy, throw some black face on em, ninja costume, whatever.... Just havin the same actors under Gilligans production banner would be dope.
depending on the shows tone (if its not too serious) i can see it happening. im just hoping that since its a prequel theres some background stuff on how gus got started up

I really wish that the Better Call Saul show's last ever scene is Walt and Jesse entering his office and then after they leave, he says something like "These guys have no ******g clue" :lol:

The last scene of Better Call Saul should be Walt walking into his office for the first time.

Last edited:

:rofl:

Walt shooting uncle Jack might be a top five moment for me... TV or Film

If that's the case where do you rank Gus Fring's death?
I didn't watch that as it aired and it got spoiled for me via Twitter and memes so it wasn't as satisfying..

That being said I'll most definitely remember Fring's death 5 years from now way more than Uncle Jack's... but in the moment it was amazing

Watchin season 2 again with my wife, the ep where Jesse brings in Pete and Badger, one of the drops Jesse makes, he's sitting in his car talkin to Pete and in the background is a huge sign, A1. And it's not even the carwash. :lol:

Stuff like that is amazing now when I look back at it. Incredible symmetry.

IDK if this was posted, but this morning, Norm Macdonald has been discussing his fantasy theory of the BB finale. In that, Walt succumbs to cancer in New Hampshire in the car when the lights are flashing and that everything after that occurs so perfectly only because it is part of his dream.

Ridiculous, but points to consider-

-The cops would have seen footprints to that car that he stole and checked it
-The NYTimes thing was too perfect
-The Grey Matter thing went off without a hitch
-Knowing that Lydia would sit at that specific table
-Skylar letting Walt near holly after the **** he pulled previously with the family
-Walt walking around in broad daylight in his own town where cops were watching and not being noticed, including getting into both his old house and Skylar's new one
-All the nazis being in the clubhouse together
-Him having a perfect parking spot and the Nazis allowing him to choose where he parked
-All of them dying except the two that mattered, allowing Walt and Jesse to exact revenge

Was the finale too perfect to be reality?

IDK if this was posted, but this morning, Norm Macdonald has been discussing his fantasy theory of the BB finale. In that, Walt succumbs to cancer in New Hampshire in the car when the lights are flashing and that everything after that occurs so perfectly only because it is part of his dream.

-Skylar letting Walt near holly after the **** he pulled previously with the family
-Walt walking around in broad daylight in his own town where cops were watching and not being noticed, including getting into both his old house and Skylar's new one
-Him having a perfect parking spot and the Nazis allowing him to choose where he parked
-All of them dying except the two that mattered, allowing Walt and Jesse to exact revenge

its a tv show.. lets save this dead main character dreaming thing for the fresh prince

BB alt endings

1. Walt Goes Rambo
“Our original version was that Walt would use it somewhat in Rambo fashion,” Gilligan said. “Hand held. But the closer we got to the end we realized how Walt’s cancer would resurface and how sick Walt would be. That felt wrong for Walt to go out brawn over brain, go out like Rambo. Walt on his best day was never Rambo. Very late in the game we came up with mounting it in the trunk and using the garage door motor as a way of sweeping it back and forth and automating the process. Everyone, me included, loved the moments where Walt was MacGyveresque.”

Also read: ‘Breaking Bad’ Finale: 5 (Sort of) Loose Ends (Video)

2. Walt Kills Cops
“We thought, gee, is it too obvious he’d use it on a bunch of bad guys? … He wanted to be known as Jesse James. He wants the credit. So we had versions that we talked about for instance where the police come to get him. He uses it on the police. But we didn’t like that. It just didn’t seem right.”

3. Walt Takes Out a Jail
“We had a version where he goes and breaks Jesse out of jail just as the Nazis were gonna knock Jesse off in jail, and he comes in and uses an M60 to lay waste to an entire prison or a prison bus.”

Gilligan says of the alternate M60 scenarios: “I’m not saying we got far with those, but we would talk them through for hours on end. … We were like, you know what? as bad as Walt is we don’t want to see him killing good guys. If he’s going to use this M60, even if it’s slightly less surprising, let’s see him use it on guys even worse than he is.”

Also read: Can Bryan Cranston Escape ‘Breaking Bad’s’ Success?

4. Skyler Kills Herself
“I was leaning toward that and the other writers were like, that’s a bridge too far. Let’s not do that. And they were right. I think that would have been very unnecessary. … I was thinking at some point she went with the Disappearer. We talked about every option under the sun… and one of them was that Skyler leaves with Walt and the Disappearer. … We could almost kinda sorta see where Skyler would go if she was sort of like zombified. But we could never figure out how to get Jr. to go along. … There’s no bringing Jr. if Jr. doesn’t want to go. We talked about a possible version where Skyler and Walt are tied up at a Motel 6 kind of place and he’s talking to her in a bathroom saying, ‘It’s going to be alright… I’ve got a plan. Skyler? Skyler?’ And he finally forces the door open and she’s in a bloody tub or something like that.”

Also read: ‘Breaking Bad’s’ Aaron Paul Mashup: The Ultimate Jesse Pinkman ‘*****’ Reel (Video)

5. Jesse Dies, Then Walt Jr. Dies
This wasn’t necessarily a finale ending, but it was an idea Gilligan kicked around before Season 1 even began. He says he considered a sequence in which a very ruthless drug dealer – he would include elements of Gus Fring, Krazy 8 and Tuco Salamanca – would kill Jesse. Walt, “filled with rage,” shackles him in a basement. He rigs a tripwire with a shotgun, so that the dealer can kill himself by pulling it. Walt wants the dealer to do it, so he begins torturing him from the ground up. He starts at the toes and begins “lopping off bits of this guy and cauterizing it with a blowtorch or something.” This goes on for weeks, but the dealer won’t kill himself. Eventually Walt Jr. discovers him and tries to give him some water. When the dealer realizes Walt Jr. is Walt’s son, he trips the wire and kills them both.

The show has never sold itself on being reality though, that's why I have no issue with all the wild stuff they've done over the years. From the very first episode of the series, Walt gets out of trouble by spiking the RV with deadly gas :lol: It's all about entertainment...there's tons of things people can nitpick about not being "real" but it's never bothered me because I've always felt like this show has had Tarantino-esque style

IMO having a cameo of Walt and Jesse would be a bad idea. They should just have the show be completely different from breaking bad and have its own identity

- We don't see anything outside the car in New Hampshire. We don't know where they are or how close they get to the car.

- The NY Times scheme was just one of Walt's brilliant schemes. Yeah it went perfect, but it was just a simple phone call.

- What hitch was there supposed to be? Elliot throws down with Walt? Gretchen having a firearm? It went so well because they had absolutely no reason to believe Walt would show up in there house. He caught then totally off guard.

- Walt says that he and Lydia met every Tuesday at 10 A.M. I think if you go back and look you'll see that they meet at that table by the window every time.

- Not so unbelievable really. Walt tried to clear her of any wrong doing and with some time passed.

- Explained in the episode. Marie says there's multiple phone calls etc spreading the cops thin. He was a bald headed man when he left, returns with a full head of hair and beard.

- It's a clubhouse, meaning the place where they all hang out. Plus, they probably all knew the plan was to off Walt and wanted to see it.

-whatshisface told him where to park but Walt just ignored him. Knowing that Walt was going to be killed anyway, no need to raise a stink about where he ended up parking.

-Well yeah, of course Todd and Jack are the ones that didn't get killed. It's a TV show. I mean if it was random henchmen 2 & 3 it would be considerably less dramatic,

Just as an afterthought.....

Jesse seemed like a pretty normal functioning/looking meth-head throughout the show. Not like this:

block1_img.png

article-0-16619998000005DC-527_964x651.jpg

meth-users-before-after-7.jpg

Last edited:
Those are pics are people that got burned when they blew themselves up cooking it

Jesse never seemed like a heavy user.... just a cook/dealer that got high on his own supply occasionally...

Last edited:
they say pre Walt. But Cranston could show up with hair and no stach, lookin like he normally does, and have a small/ diff role. Its done all the time. Specially it being a comedy. Not sayin it has to happen, would be cool tho.

Or they could have the Aztek drive by in a random scene. That would get the BB fans buzzing. Better yet they could have Jesse's Cap'n Cook car drop Emillio off at Saul's office.

Those are pics are people that got burned when they blew themselves up cooking it

Jesse never seemed like a heavy user.... just a cook/dealer that got high on his own supply occasionally...

Right, Jesse was just recreational. He wasn't like those he sold too. The best examples are Wendy the hooker, and the guy that kept yelling Tucker! when the Cartel gave them a pound of Gus' blue and Jesse and Mike had to get it back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom