Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

well yeah, but you cant say that he thought that he was going to die. not even walt wanted him to die, but i do think that he would rather die than to let walt go
I'm saying story wise he was gonna die. He didn't think so, at one point he gave up but he kept at it thinking he'd actually achieve anything had he arrested Walt.

well yeah, but you cant say that he thought that he was going to die. not even walt wanted him to die, but i do think that he would rather die than to let walt go
I'm saying story wise he was gonna die. He didn't think so, at one point he gave up but he kept at it thinking he'd actually achieve anything had he arrested Walt.
well story wise everyone who crossed walt ended up dead. arresting the greatest meth dealer of all time would be a pretty big achievement, and its not just for the DEA, personally he wanted to get back at walt so bad for all the bad things he has done to hank

he had to die but he didnt deserve to die

well story wise everyone who crossed walt ended up dead. arresting the greatest meth dealer of all time would be a pretty big achievement, and its not just for the DEA, personally he wanted to get back at walt so bad for all the bad things he has done to hank

That fake confession gets out if he arrests him.

But anybody crossing Walt dies is basically what I meant.

That fake confession gets out if he arrests him.

But anybody crossing Walt dies is basically what I meant.
at that point i dont think he cared about all that. he just wanted to slap the cuffs on walt so bad, and rightfully so

I think the flash forward should've only shown Walt with grown out hair, a fake ID and buying something on his birthday. The M60 and the ricin ruined a lot of the suspense. We would've had 30 minutes to figure out what he was going to do with them instead of 8 weeks.

Still an awesome finale but the flashforward took away a lot of the suspense. We would be blown away if he pulled all this off and we had no idea the M60 or ricin were coming.

Personally, I think it was just Vince and the writers flexing. Were going to show you what happens in the end and you'll still love it. Touché

Don't know if anyone else asked this, but i was listening to some podcast and they asked whether or not opening Season 5 with the flash forward at the Diner was a good idea or not. In particular the m60 in the trunk shot.

Maybe it kinda spoiled the ending slightly because by the time Ozymandias ended, we all sort of knew who the machine gun was for and maybe even the ricin.

What do y'all think?

Even if they removed the trunk shot anyone whose been paying attention could recognize the arms dealer, so it would have been pieced together pretty quickly. He's buying something that needs an instruction manual for Walt to operate, you know it's got to be big. Before Walt meets the nazi's there's no one that Walt would need something big to take out. It wouldn't have taken much time after Walt meets the nazi's for people to figure out that whatever Walt bought from the arms dealer was going to be used for the them, and especially by the end of Ozymandias when we see what kind of firepower they posses.

I think the flash forward should've only shown Walt with grown out hair, a fake ID and buying something on his birthday. The M60 and the ricin ruined a lot of the suspense. We would've had 30 minutes to figure out what he was going to do with them instead of 8 weeks.

Still an awesome finale but the flashforward took away a lot of the suspense. We would be blown away if he pulled all this off and we had no idea the M60 or ricin were coming.

Personally, I think it was just Vince and the writers flexing. Were going to show you what happens in the end and you'll still love it. Touché

Flash forwards have been a part of the series since the first episode. If they chose not to have the future walt scenes that stuff would have had to been covered in the finale, and there was no time for it with everything else they had to get through. What they showed of the flash forwards in the finale wouldn't have been enough.

Last edited:

while it was predictable, if they would have introduced the gun in the final episode it would have seemed a bit unrealistic like after all this time he ends up killing bad guys with a james bond car firing a few hundred rounds into a building? i dont think i would have liked that. by showing the gun in the first episode they got our feet in the water so the ending would be less unrealistic. 

with all that being said, the first half of the ep where he goes to eliots house was by far my favorite part of the episode because of the shock factor

sounds good, but I'm pretty sure that I read that Gilligan wasn't even sure how it was going to end when they shot the M60 scene.

He had a rough idea, but shot it knowing they would have to use it, and had idea's for it, but didnt have a concrete plan on how exactly how they were going to bring it back together.

hindsight is 20/20, and I think it certainly would have made it more....surprising, for lack of a better term, had they not included the scene originally.

however, if they didn't have the whole thing completely written before shooting that scene, its really nitpicking to me.

Last edited:
How much was Todd's cut that Jesse got away with in the Camino?

Did Jesse know the $ was in there?

Please respond...

Please respond...
there was no jessies cut in the car. they live there, its not like they were planning on going anywhere after they offed walt why the hell would anyone keep their life savings in the trunk of your car?

Please respond...

there was no jessies cut in the car. they live there, its not like they were planning on going anywhere after they offed walt why the hell would anyone keep their life savings in the trunk of your car?

You didn't read, I said Todd's cut not Jessie's....

Anybody else?

Please respond...
You didn't read, I said Todd's cut not Jessie's....

Anybody else?
yeah i meant todds, there was no known money in the car

amazing finale... i really had high hopes for it & i wasn't let down at all. they did a great job of leaving everything answered.

walt lurking in the shadows :rofl:

how he kept popping up though :wow: whether at the house, with skylar, or with lydia.

walt finally admitting this was all for him too... every moment he had with his family was emotional.

the flashback scene with jesse making the box :frown:

him screaming, laughing, crying at the end was crazy too.

huell :rofl:

i can keep going on :lol: AMAZING ending to an AMAZING show :pimp:

Last edited:
I don't really get why people are trippin on Jesse "winning" and not deserving it. He lived and got out of being a slave, but he didn't get any money and is still wanted obviously.

The important thing was that he finally was freed of the manipulation of everyone else, especially Walt. If you noticed throughout the series, Jesse pretty much never drove and was always in the passenger seat staring out the window. I thought him refusing Walt and throwing down the gun & driving off and at least in control of his own destiny when he's learned to appreciate that most. They made their decisions and backed it with amazing writing over time so I can't complain.

I mean he got to murk Todd, but it's not like he wouldn't have preferred that he didn't get enslave him and killed his girlfriend leading to that moment.... The man deserved to off that ginger in the most violent of ways. He even killed him the same way Walt first killed the original dealer they worked with. Another great bit of writing.

Last edited:

soooooooooooooo, when does the Saul Goodman show get on the air
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
and what season does b cranston make his guest appearance?
its the same story line, he would never make an appearance 

they say pre Walt. But Cranston could show up with hair and no stach, lookin like he normally does, and have a small/ diff role. Its done all the time. Specially it being a comedy. Not sayin it has to happen, would be cool tho.

Last edited:

they say pre Walt. But Cranston could show up with hair and no stach, lookin like he normally does, and have a small/ diff role. Its done all the time. Specially it being a comedy. Not sayin it has to happen, would be cool tho.
yeah but in the breaking bad storyline he meets saul for the first time in season 2

i guess he could have a client in walts class and he can make a tiny cameo. its more likely that jessie could make a cameo though

Back
Top Bottom