Brace for $5 gas, Shell exec warns U.S.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by Im Not You

It's dipping back down a bit in DC

noticed this morning. i was too excited. maybe airline tickets will drop too.
Yea because right now tickets to Seattle in Sugust are through the got damn roof.
grin.gif

Look into low cost carriers... JetBlue!

Their airline tickets are always low even when oil is high.

JetBlue and Southwest are the two biggest low cost airlines out there, but Southwest did a deal to pay a certain fixed price for fuel... they were laughing all the way to the bank when prices were high a year or two ago, but when prices went back down they were pretty much $+@$@% and had to keep paying those inflated prices.  That's why their costs are still high compared to like JetBlue.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by Im Not You

It's dipping back down a bit in DC

noticed this morning. i was too excited. maybe airline tickets will drop too.
Yea because right now tickets to Seattle in Sugust are through the got damn roof.
grin.gif

Look into low cost carriers... JetBlue!

Their airline tickets are always low even when oil is high.

JetBlue and Southwest are the two biggest low cost airlines out there, but Southwest did a deal to pay a certain fixed price for fuel... they were laughing all the way to the bank when prices were high a year or two ago, but when prices went back down they were pretty much $+@$@% and had to keep paying those inflated prices.  That's why their costs are still high compared to like JetBlue.

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

I have yet to read most of what has been said in this thread but I would like to add a few thoughts.

What do people expect happen when the demand for a finite resource skyrockets?

What do people expect to happen when Exxon is running oil sands commercials, implicitly indicating a rise in the cost of production?
And when it comes to alternatives, if you're not talking solar, you're not talking.

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

I have yet to read most of what has been said in this thread but I would like to add a few thoughts.

What do people expect happen when the demand for a finite resource skyrockets?

What do people expect to happen when Exxon is running oil sands commercials, implicitly indicating a rise in the cost of production?
And when it comes to alternatives, if you're not talking solar, you're not talking.

Prices has gone down slightly in CA. I don't see that to last. Summer is when they are gonna screw us.

Prices has gone down slightly in CA. I don't see that to last. Summer is when they are gonna screw us.

Gonna be borrowing my mom's bike for the summer at home before going back to school next year. I can't afford this %#@% even now anymore...

Gonna be borrowing my mom's bike for the summer at home before going back to school next year. I can't afford this %#@% even now anymore...

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Originally Posted by viiheaven

$4.17 in Queens, NY.

That's down from $4.30 a week ago.
Where bro... I went and got gas on Monday and was paying $4.65 for 93 premium.
That was for regular.
laugh.gif

Trying to find the cheapest price for gas in your area? Gasbuddy

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Originally Posted by viiheaven

$4.17 in Queens, NY.

That's down from $4.30 a week ago.
Where bro... I went and got gas on Monday and was paying $4.65 for 93 premium.
That was for regular.
laugh.gif

Trying to find the cheapest price for gas in your area? Gasbuddy

Back
Top Bottom