Bobby Petrino RESIGNS; will take ARKANSAS JOB

I dont blame anyone for wanting to coach in college as opposed to the NFL honestly aside from trying to create a legacy it seems like the college job has allthe perks and the NFL job has all the headaches.

These College coaches are control freaks and you are not going to get that in the NFL.....Some coaches are built for college and some coaches are built for theNFL...

Lane Kiffin should have known what he was getting himself into since his papa is the DC for the Bucs

Let's clear up Petrino's course of action on his way out of Atlanta...

He goes AWOL the day after a game, finally showing up to Falcons' HQ around 3 PM. He has a brief meeting with GM Rich McKay, informing his of hisresignation. Then he calls Arthur Blank to tell him.

He has a 10-second (literally, 10 seconds) meeting with his assistant coaches. "I've resigned. I've taken the job at Arkansas. Good luck."

Then he leaves this note for the players...

image_6302832.jpg

Some of these college coaches who quit, get fired, or "fail" often times just dont have enough time. Let's be honest, in this day and age youoften are given about one year. With a roster you didnt really pick. We know when coaches are bad (and probably will continue to be bad) but alot of times Iwonder how their legacies could change if they were given 3-4 years to completely put in their system. We may change our tune with "college coaches allpretty much fail."

Hell from looking up high-profile coaches I notice Tom Landry didnt have his first winning season until his seventh season with Dallas (0-11 his first season),Jimmy Johnson was 1-15 his first year, Bill Belichick was 41-57 in his career (and not exactly thought to be head-coach material) until Brady made his firststart, Bill Walsh was 8-24 his first two seasons, etc, etc.

Obviously that's not to excuse the weasling by some of the coaches obviously. And some of those were never college guys. But you get the drift, I dont knowmaybe Im reachin

Petrino is a mark
indifferent.gif
it was only 3 games left in the season! Atleast wait it out fam!
laugh.gif
sick.gif
Like I said in another thread, all ATL needs is a good WR or two and a qb andthey're instant contenders. If I were a recruit, I would not wan't to play for this dude. Watch him not win any games next year
tired.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
Jim Rome just GAVE IT to Arthur Blank, Petrino, & The Razorbacks. He'sreally givin it to Petrino.
laugh.gif

::changes channel::

Everyone is killin this guy. Seems like the entire falcons squad Questioned his manhood.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lawyer Milloy made a quick edit to Petrino's letter...

image_6305046.jpg

roll.gif

Apparently D. Hall and Wayne Gandy gave some emotional speeches to the team before practice today. D. Hall stepping up and being a leader.
pimp.gif

Now that Petrino bounced, dude needs to be kept long term...

Edit: Oh, and Grady Jackson (Remember him, Bobby?) had some things to say from down in Jacksonville...

"That's a sad thing. For him to quit like that, it just shows his true color, like a coward with a yellow stripe down his back. That's how I look at it."

"Not to address your team, that's real bad," Jackson said. "That's the coward way out. That's like saying you're a coward, you're not man enough to stand up in front of your players or your organization and say you're fixing to go somewhere else. Not to finish the season out, that means he's a quitter, right? He's a quitter.

"The motivational speeches he gives during the game, it's like, 'Where's this going?' He doesn't motivate you. ... He was (accustomed to) dealing with kids in college. Now, he's dealing with grown men. That was the big thing right there."

When Bob Griese calls what you did "sickening" you know that you did wrong. Really though what is Petrino thinking? If I was a blue chip recruit Iwouldn't set foot on the Arkansas campus. Who knows how long before another job calls and he up and leaves...

I really don't blame anyone for disassociating themselves with the Atlanta Falcons...that team is sinking...It is a sinking ship....That team won't beplayoff contenders until possibly 3 or 5 years from now...

Thanks Michael Vick, Thanks to Arthur Blank letting Schaub go...

People that stay with the Falcons remind me of those Musicians on the Titanic......

smh.gif
Petrino is a punk, there's 3 damn weeks left in the season. [Russel Peters/Be a Man!/Russel Peters]
If he was trying to recruit me to Arkansas, I would tell him to go +@+% himself
If that is true about Kiffen, I want him out as my Raiders coach
smh.gif

I didnt expect Falcons players to go at him like THAT but he deserves it. Most of those guys were frustrated and were venting a bit though.

laugh.gif
@DeAndre Hall, Ray Lewis and the rest of the Best Damn Crew ripping dude on the show tonight.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Some of these college coaches who quit, get fired, or "fail" often times just dont have enough time. Let's be honest, in this day and age you often are given about one year. With a roster you didnt really pick. We know when coaches are bad (and probably will continue to be bad) but alot of times I wonder how their legacies could change if they were given 3-4 years to completely put in their system. We may change our tune with "college coaches all pretty much fail."

Hell from looking up high-profile coaches I notice Tom Landry didnt have his first winning season until his seventh season with Dallas (0-11 his first season), Jimmy Johnson was 1-15 his first year, Bill Belichick was 41-57 in his career (and not exactly thought to be head-coach material) until Brady made his first start, Bill Walsh was 8-24 his first two seasons, etc, etc.

Obviously that's not to excuse the weasling by some of the coaches obviously. And some of those were never college guys. But you get the drift, I dont know maybe Im reachin

The coaches you mentioned, with the exception of Belichick who was never a college coach, all existed in a different era. It was harder to build a teamwithout free agency. Now it's harder to create a dynasty but there is parity. Success was necessarily expected right away, and in some cases it justwasn't possible. Currently it's a lot easier to put in a system within 3 years.
I just think that the gap between college and pros has widen significantly, to the point where you are either a pro guy or a college guy. In the olddays you could treat pro players the same way you treat college players. You could run very similar systems too. Now while a college coach has to be hyper intune with recruiting and boosters, there is an established hierarchy from senior leaders to inexperienced freshmen. The pros is a whole different ballgame,there are egos, salary caps, draft decisions. It's apples and oranges.

Falcons ant showed heart or fight the whole damn season and now they want to come out and talk like they big and bad. if they showed this much fight the wholeseason he would still be your head coach.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I guarantee after a few years when a Michigan spot opens up you will see him jump at it.
There is a Michigan spot open right now, he's not gonna take that. He wanna coach in the SEC, so he can go out there and go 6-6 like Saban did.

more Milloy..

"This league is not for everybody," safety Lawyer Milloy said. "This league is for real men. I think he realized he didn't belonghere."

Back
Top Bottom