Bobby Petrino RESIGNS; will take ARKANSAS JOB

seriously though, this doesn't surprise me that much. he was in way over his head. just chalk it up as another college coach that failed at the nfl level.

Another college coach who couldn't cut it.
Like someone posted earlier, I see no reason why the NFL is better than the college game for coaches. Most have little to no control over theirroster and they have to deal with a ton of issues that are non existent in the college game. It is about ego, since it sure isn't about the pay.

Petrino saw the writing on the wall, the Falcons are garbage and they are going to be garbage for a couple of years. He saw his life boat and jumped in.

It is about ego
No doubt they are coaching grown$#$@ men in the NFL with kids and familes and the whole 9 you cant come in there like you are their fatherespecially if you aint go no damn history of being a good coach. You dont demand respect you earn it. Tuna and Gibbs could get away with that mess not BobbyPetrino Who the $*!# is Bobby Petrino
laugh.gif
a former QB coach for the Jags?I mean be serious.

it also dont help that most college coachs from bball or football go to sorry%!%# teams. there in a no win postion from the start

Major college coaches generally get to feast on chosen cupcakes every season. They play more home games than road. They can load up their rosters. Many justneed to get to the 5 BCS bowls and are hailed as kings.

It's no secret why many fail in the NFL, it's a different beast with no angles.

And ya going to bad organizations doesn't help either.

Thank God, I didn't even see this coming and I live 5 miles from the Georgia Dome. Petrino is a **** though, I'm glad he's gone.

D. Hall on ESPNEWS right now...
nerd.gif

I was talking to one of my boys around 5:30 about the game last night. Talking about Petrino...30 minutes later, dude calls me back on "Petrinoquit." I called this dude a liar. When I checked though and saw the real story, I kind of pulled out that fist pump in the middle of damn CNN Center.

Calling in your resignation is a $++*! move. You can't even face Blank and/or your players because you scared you might get bodied.
laugh.gif

I've never called in a resignation. Never will. I got a more of a backbone than this dude.
indifferent.gif

I ain't even mad that dude left. Cash knows. This dude was in over his damn head from Day 1. These are grown men. These ain't college kids. I washoping Blank would drop dude after this season, but hell, now we don't have to pay a buyout. Ya'll talking about this sets us back 10 years? Youserious? This was a lost year. Doesn't matter about learning a new system, since half these old dudes wouldn't be here next year anyway. Now, if we canhire the right dude this time around, we got a chance to turn around. Petrino wasn't going to turn anything around.

On Blank...people have ripped the owners of the Braves and Hawks for years, giving Blank a pass. I still ain't figured out why. What the hell has this dudedone right since he's gotten here? You've burned through how many coaches now? Last dude (Mora) just said that he would line up to take a college job,this dude actually did it.
roll.gif

I called my boy in the Falcons' PR Dept. after I left the game. Dude answered and just told me that he was out in Flowery Branch right now and he reallydidn't have time to talk. He said he'd call me back tomorrow. Dude ain't slept since Sunday.
tired.gif

To wrap this up properly, Petrino is gone...

Tale-Tigermove.jpg

I see you Cash...

_41019065_woodssixteenth.jpg

this is a joyous day as far as the future of Falcons football is concerned cuz that means we wont get close to that chump that is Brian Brohm.

I wasn't surprised the slightest bit considering he joined up with us like a week after signing a huge contract with the UofL so whatever

good riddance chump*%%%

dont let the door hit u on your way out

it sounds like a lot of yall are blaming petrino for atlantas problems this year...do yall just turn a blind eye to that $*+*+%% thats sitting in prison rightnow? petrinos job wasnt to come in and rebuild the falcons and turn em around, his job was to come in and work with vick, but it seems like yall thinkotherwise. granted, petrino did make a few questionable moves during the season, but blaming him for everything? thats ridiculous.

This dude talking about winning a National Title already...got these people eating it up.
roll.gif

Arkansas' SEC title case is a little empty there, pal.

That wide fanbase...all the way from Little Rock to West Memphis.
laugh.gif

Dude with the Madden line..."Run/throw the ball when you need/have to."

Originally Posted by JKickz1334

Cash, you go to school in the A?

Atlanta Born, Atlanta Bred, and when I die i'ma be Atlanta dead. I did serve a small bid at UGA tho.
smokin.gif
Shoulda stayed [Homer] doh! [/Homer]

DLo, i'm waitin on D. Hall to ambush this press conference.
laugh.gif
He hadme shook with all that "I wanna be traded" talk that was goin around, glad this old bag is outta our hairs.

Dear Arthur Blank,

Wake The Fruck Up !

WEEE WANT MARTY !
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

This dude talking about winning a National Title already...got these people eating it up.
roll.gif

Arkansas' SEC title case is a little empty there, pal.

That wide fanbase...all the way from Little Rock to West Memphis.
laugh.gif

Dude with the Madden line..."Run/throw the ball when you need/have to."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The people were eating it up though...

Back
Top Bottom