Boardwalk Empire Season 3 Thread - "Margate Sands" SEASON FINALE

:lol: I was in my scriptwriting class and my professor who is a pretty big shot script reviewer/editor ( she read the original script of Toy Story and the director's personal 2nd draft of the movie The English Patient) always asks who has seen good movies and TV shows etc. I came to class late but she said "Does anyone watch board?..." I jumped but like only 2 other people watches it and she goes "OMG its so bloody, nothing but killings left and right" i didn't know it was like that I said what did you see and she goes the end scene was Gyp on the beach, she liked that scene but I got real mad at her cuz it was her first episode and I'm like NOOOOOOOOOO  that was the season finale and everything was building up to that episode you ruined the show for yourself!!:rofl:

I hate when people do that, it bothers me a lot. Last year, I've had a friend say he didn't really like BWE. I asked him why not? He said he saw the the last episode and couldn't understand it. No **** :stoneface: :smh: It's hard to understand anything if you don't start from the beginning

I hate when people do that, it bothers me a lot. Last year, I've had a friend say he didn't really like BWE. I asked him why not? He said he saw the the last episode and couldn't understand it. No **** :stoneface: :smh: It's hard to understand anything if you don't start from the beginning
I don't know why anybody would ever jump into a series midway or at the end..... What is the point your not going to know what is going on and then you are lost.... I have never done that except for show's where each episode is for the most part independent from each other.... Most shows are not though....

Don't even get me started on that lol...my boy was fully caught up with Breakin Bad minus this previous season 5...i think he only watched the first ep of s.5....told him the entire season to get on it, never does but then ends up watchin the season finale...I was like wtf??? Don't understand the thought process on that one

Dude that plays Gyp Rosetti should be up for an Emmy. Honestly, he's one of the most memorable/best characters in HBO series history.

Dude that plays Gyp Rosetti should be up for an Emmy. Honestly, he's one of the most memorable/best characters in HBO series history.

I think you are reaching...only for the notion that HBO series... go WAAAAAAAY BACK, I could wikipedia all of the series but that would just be a waste of time.

you'd have an argument if he wasn't around only one season. But I think in the scheme of things, when we look back 10 years from now on this show other characters will stand out more than him. Cuz you know next season they gonna come with somebody that will make us be like "Roswho?" :lol: :lol:

I think you are reaching...only for the notion that HBO series... go WAAAAAAAY BACK, I could wikipedia all of the series but that would just be a waste of time.
you'd have an argument if he wasn't around only one season. But I think in the scheme of things, when we look back 10 years from now on this show other characters will stand out more than him. Cuz you know next season they gonna come with somebody that will make us be like "Roswho?" :lol: :lol:

I've been a LONG time HBO viewer since the days of Oz. Cannavale, in one season, is going to have the same long-lasting effect on our memories as other "stars" on HBO such as Omar, Tony Soprano, Stringer Bell, and the O'Reilly Bros.

He was THAT good.

I think I'm going to make a separate thread on this....

how did you forget me? skully game was legendary..

Last edited:
As of now, it's Nucky, Harrow, and Gyp are the most memorable characters of Boardwalk so far. We all loved Jimmy, but after a few episodes of this season, I didn't think about him too often. It's better to compare Gyp with another character who had a season long stretch rather than a long-time character like Omar or Tony Soprano. 

I think they could do it, but it will be tough to replicate another character like Gyp. The guy was a hurricane on screen... you never knew what would set him off, what violent action he would take, and he created an uneasiness and tension on screen that Boardwalk doesn't really have... which was terrific. 

I finished Boardwalk Empire season 3 yesterday.
That irish dude dun came up and came crashing down.

I really like how they set the stage for season 4. I'm looking forward to how Nucky tricks Rosstein. I'm assuming that Rosstein also has some trick up his sleeve. Since they've kept reiterrating "I don't take bets that I can't win."

Just when I thought margret would be gone, nucky goes back to her. Everytime I see her story being told, I start phasing out.

Chalky's place that he wants built is going to breed some deaths and I wonder who.

That black doctor maybe?

While Gyp was a maniac and an awesome character, I think Jeffrey Wright is going to be GREAT this season.

I was about to post that teaser. lol
Can not wait!

Mind=Blown

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom