Boardwalk Empire Season 3 Thread - "Margate Sands" SEASON FINALE

Yo, if it weren't for Harrow, Eli and Nucky would've gotten worked by Gyp and his men. What was it, two of them versus maybe 9-10 men?

Yo, if it weren't for Harrow, Eli and Nucky would've gotten worked by Gyp and his men. What was it, two of them versus maybe 9-10 men?
I didn't get that either. 2 guys with some guns against Gyp's crew of 10 I'd say isn't good chanced unless they were gonna burn the place down.

I didn't get that either. 2 guys with some guns against Gyp's crew of 10 I'd say isn't good chanced unless they were gonna burn the place down.

Not really...

Most of the men were already leaving out anyway on orders from Masseria...

The ones that Harrow shot up/at were the ones who didnt leave the premises in a timely manner... :lol:

By the time Nuck and Eli got there, the place more than likely wouldve been empty or just about empty...

Heat of the moment probably.
What heat of the moment? It passed hrs ago. That's a long *** drive to her house, longer walk :lol: During that span of time Tommy went from awake to asleep.

Wash your face son.

He was trying to get Tommy to safety he wasn't thinking let me stop and wash my face and he couldn't just stop anywhere with Tommy knowing that gyp may have put a shooter on him

More skilled Harrow or Daryl? Harrow would put in some heavy work in the walking dead

Well, everyone and their mom has amazing marksmanship on Walking Dead so it's hard to compare. Either way, Harrow would destroy the entire cast of Walking Dead without breaking a sweat.

The ones that Harrow shot up/at were the ones who didnt leave the premises in a timely manner... :lol:
By the time Nuck and Eli got there, the place more than likely wouldve been empty or just about empty...

Those were gyp's men not masseria's.

What heat of the moment? It passed hrs ago. That's a long *** drive to her house, longer walk :lol: During that span of time Tommy went from awake to asleep.
Wash your face son.

Dat dem dere sound like fightin' words. :nerd:

Not really...

Most of the men were already leaving out anyway on orders from Masseria...

Yeah but then why assume Gyp stays?
Heat of the moment probably.

Wash your face son.

He was trying to get Tommy to safety he wasn't thinking let me stop and wash my face and he couldn't just stop anywhere with Tommy knowing that gyp may have put a shooter on him
That makes less sense. Why go to Julia's if a shooter was sent to follow him? Half way there he should've realized he made it out safe with the kid. It's not so much let me stop and wash my face but more let me look presentable before I carry Tommy to Julia and try to get her to take him in no questions asked.

Last edited:
no bloody mask harrow. no non douchebag moment from julia's dad. pops finally gave up his dead sons room. plus it drives the idea that nothing else mattered to harrow besides getting tommy to somewhere safe.

Right. It wasn't the most logical thing for Harrow to do, but Harrow's mission in his mind was to get Tommy to safety. He's a soldier and considering he just single handedly murdered a dozen gangsters, the only thing in his mind would be to get Tommy to Julia's. Not wipe the blood off, not look presentable, get him there safely.

And like Mr Cashfl0w said, it kills a lot of birds with one stone. The dad changes and gives up the son's room, Julia brings in Tommy, drives home the soldier theme in Harrow's life, and he leaves dramatically. 

Dat dem dere sound like fightin' words. :nerd:
:lol: I was talking about Harrow though.
Right. It wasn't the most logical thing for Harrow to do, but Harrow's mission in his mind was to get Tommy to safety. He's a soldier and considering he just single handedly murdered a dozen gangsters, the only thing in his mind would be to get Tommy to Julia's. Not wipe the blood off, not look presentable, get him there safely.

And like Mr Cashfl0w said, it kills a lot of birds with one stone. The dad changes and gives up the son's room, Julia brings in Tommy, drives home the soldier theme in Harrow's life, and he leaves dramatically.
no bloody mask harrow. no non douchebag moment from julia's dad. pops finally gave up his dead sons room. plus it drives the idea that nothing else mattered to harrow besides getting tommy to somewhere safe.
I'm pretty sure I already said it was done for dramatic effect. It's there to create that moment. I know I said that in my initial post.

Just sayin' that long *** walk/drive to Julia's, only to be aware of your appearance at the front door :lol:

Last edited:
[COLOR=#RED]Man finally got round to watching this show at the advice of ppl...Watched the first 2 seasons in like 4 days....Its great...cant wait to start on 3 now!!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=#RED]BUT REALLY....HOW THEY GONNA KILL JIMMY MAN....I HOPE HARROW MAKES THE CAL SING ON EVERYBODY[/COLOR]

rosetti knew as soon as masseria pulled his men out that he was as good as dead if he came back to new york. only reason why masseria let gyp live was because he promised that he would kill nucky and AR. masseria came to atlantic city and was talking about how his men were dying and nucky wasn't dead yet. i think that's the main reason why nucky would think rosetti would stay.

Anyone else think about the fact that my dude Harrow would have gotten the rest of his face ate if he had gotten to that house before Masseria pulled his men out?

I couldn't take that.

laugh.gif
I was in my scriptwriting class and my professor who is a pretty big shot script reviewer/editor ( she read the original script of Toy Story and the director's personal 2nd draft of the movie The English Patient) always asks who has seen good movies and TV shows etc. I came to class late but she said "Does anyone watch board?..." I jumped but like only 2 other people watches it and she goes "OMG its so bloody, nothing but killings left and right" i didn't know it was like that I said what did you see and she goes the end scene was Gyp on the beach, she liked that scene but I got real mad at her cuz it was her first episode and I'm like NOOOOOOOOOO  that was the season finale and everything was building up to that episode you ruined the show for yourself!!
roll.gif

Looking back again, I wish we got to see the first scene where Nucky sits down with Al to talk about their deal w/ possibly with Chalky in the room as well. I'm talking about at the end of Two Imposters when Al has that dope line and then the finale just skips to them already being allies.
rosetti knew as soon as masseria pulled his men out that he was as good as dead if he came back to new york. only reason why masseria let gyp live was because he promised that he would kill nucky and AR. masseria came to atlantic city and was talking about how his men were dying and nucky wasn't dead yet. i think that's the main reason why nucky would think rosetti would stay.
I guess but as we clearly see, Gyp was already planning to go west and then after getting set up be a force again.
Anyone else think about the fact that my dude Harrow would have gotten the rest of his face ate if he had gotten to that house before Masseria pulled his men out?

I couldn't take that.
The whole time I've been assuming he was in the house the whole damn time waiting or out in the woods watching and waiting for the right moment. I don't think he'd literally go on a suicide mission with dozens of men in the house.

Last edited:
Looking back again, I wish we got to see the first scene where Nucky sits down with Al to talk about their deal w/ possibly with Chalky in the room as well. I'm talking about at the end of Two Imposters when Al has that dope line and then the finale just skips to them already being allies.
I guess but as we clearly see, Gyp was already planning to go west and then after getting set up be a force again.
The whole time I've been assuming he was in the house the whole damn time waiting or out in the woods watching and waiting for the right moment. I don't think he'd literally go on a suicide mission with dozens of men in the house.
But he had no knowledge of what was going on behind the scenes...so realistically if Masseria's men never left...when would have been a good time exactly? 

But he had no knowledge of what was going on behind the scenes...so realistically if Masseria's men never left...when would have been a good time exactly? 
At night.

Like I said I assumed he was just lying in wait for the right moment. Lets say only a few cars leave to go gun down more of Nuck's side maybe he would've took that chance.

^^^^^^^^^
guys, don't forget that Harrow was a makrsman in the war. Waiting was a part of his job, he told Jimmy a story about waiting for days until finally killing a german sniper who lifted his mask to scratch his head or something. Harrow never really left, he just waited for the right time, and lucky for him that was the perfect time. He knew nothing about what was going on with Nucky and those guys. Sometimes things just fall in you lap.

Back
Top Bottom