Boardwalk Empire Season 3 Thread - "Margate Sands" SEASON FINALE

I liked Owen too, still not as upset as I was over Jimmy.
This season has been pretty damn good though.
Gyp with no dambs given.
sick.gif
lol...all of nucky's right hands been getting killed...sucks to get the job or ''promotion'' 
sick.gif

and gyp's officially off the knocker with that killing....he doesn't even have loyalty to his own lol..and it's one who is the closest to him the most...either he is mad oblivious to what he did or he just plans on killing his boy as well...but his man is smarter than that. i wonder who harrow was grabbing the guns for?? he was behind the door with what appears to be his gun sticking out of a hole that a bullet made.

Harrow needs to murder Gillian and save Tommy. Hope the writers don't go the tragedy route and kill his new wifey. He'd lose it.
i said harrow probably kills gillian weeks ago and someone got all ''you dont know what your talking about'' lol....oh how predictable.

out of all the main characters only 6 are really fictional so none of the characters outside of these will be potentially dying....SPOILER IF YOU DONT KNOW THE HISTORY

Van Alden - seems like his story is almost over unless they keep him around as a capone insider, dude messed up as a policeman and as a bootlegger
Gillian - outside of running the brothel she has nothing going for her
Harrow - they are finally developing harrow and he no longer is mysterious, he is having a love story (although i can see his girl getting offed) he very well could be nucky's new side kick because of how nucky has always treated him and nucky's need for new muscle
Chalky - while the person who plays chalky has said that he is loosely based on an african american boxer, chalky white was never a real gangster in history, i do think the forthcoming seasons will show the development of the black/white issues in AC and his story could be developing because of his nightclub business and nucky's need for his backing
Gyp- he is this season's villain and will ultimately get killed, the way that he is attacking nucky shows that there won't be much more room for gyp's lasting in the next season, like jimmy him being a rival to nucky will be short lived because ultimately nucky lives on and still holds atlantic city as his own, the most intriguing aspect of gyp will see his down fall and how he gets killed or snitched out
Margaret - not sure her role outside of her being pregnant, her role with the hospital is about to over, i can easily see her leaving and starting over knowing that nucky would off her, unless she tries to seduce nucky and tells him that he got her pregnant

my thoughts are that gillian messes with harrow's girl leaving him no where to go except to work for Nucky -- Chalky works with Nucky and this establishes Chalky's role heading into next season -- the new distillary will make partnership with the people in Chicago and Capone will have large role going into next season -- Gyp shows no loyalty to any of his people and this will be the reason he fails and i personally think Masseria will be the one to off Gyp because Gyp will soon think he is bigger than Masseria

i really really hope that Nucky, Eli, Chalky, Harrow all form a partnership :smokin

either Doyle or the agent

I was thinking Doyle, especially because if my memory serves me right, he was the one to tell Owen that Nucky wanted to speak to him (in the final [flashback] scene of the episode).

Did not expect for him to die, and to die that way. Next week is gonna be wild.

I was so worried that Richard was gonna get offed by the father; him waking up on the beach to a bullet by the father finding them two there somehow. Glad that didn't go down.

Chalky - while the person who plays chalky has said that he is loosely based on an african american boxer, chalky white was never a real gangster in history, i do think the forthcoming seasons will show the development of the black/white issues in AC and his story could be developing because of his nightclub business and nucky's need for his backing
I think that this part is on point.

The real history of AC is that the city was a HUGE part of the real Chitlin' circuit. I'd like to see how they will develop this, as there was a whole strip along Atlantic Avenue there, that had nothing but black nightclubs, and my grand aunt used to work in one during the fifties.

This is gonna be fun to watch.

Agree with you 2. Chalky is about to be a major character in the show. Him and Al Capone. To be honest the writers said that this season would be the rise of Capone. Technically it is but they haven't given him as much air time as I thought they would. My guess is next season though

Shoulda have never wiki'd and read up on these cats during season 1, pretty much spoiled some of the show for me.

Knew Massaira wasn't bout to get got, but Owen my _, hate it had to be him.

That was a fantastic episode

Very sad

I have a terrible feeling about Richard getting popped in the next few episodes

That meeting scene with gyp reminded me of the last supper how they were positioned

Last edited:
Shoulda have never wiki'd and read up on these cats during season 1, pretty much spoiled some of the show for me.

Knew Massaira wasn't bout to get got, but Owen my _, hate it had to be him.
It's an interesting situation since it's a historical drama, but they're certainly free to take certain liberties, but if you know your organized crime history (or can use Wikipedia), you know how long people should be around.

I actually took an American History course in college on organized crime, but knowing how things end up hasn't ruined the show for me. I knew Owen wouldn't succeed, but it was still suspenseful when he showed up in the box.

had a feeling Owen would get off'd when the episode started.

Then the score when they walked into the baths and the quick cut made it more noticeable.

I think that this part is on point.

The real history of AC is that the city was a HUGE part of the real Chitlin' circuit. I'd like to see how they will develop this, as there was a whole strip along Atlantic Avenue there, that had nothing but black nightclubs, and my grand aunt used to work in one during the fifties.

This is gonna be fun to watch.

and we will most likely see this from him cutting a deal with Nucky to build this...

in regards to harrow tho, outside of his work with gillian, relationship with tommy, and his new girl he has nothing else....seems like he's on the move from gillian so he's either about to be offed (he's one of my favorite characters) or he will be on nucky's team, he wouldn't side with gyp because you can tell he has respect for nucky and as a soldier when you give your word you keep it

SPOILER FROM THE PREVIEW
you can see a black man and eli roll up with guns, so it's safe to assume there was a deal cut with nucky and chalky, also looks like nucky is shooting threw the door

Last edited:
I don't think anyone in Nucky's inner circle (Doyle or the agent) tipped off Luciano or Masseria.. we've been given no clues that there's a traitor. It was more simply Luciano saying Nucky is preparing a hit and reminded him of who Nucky would send, which would obviously be at least Owen. So Masseria and his bodyguard took precaution and knew when they'd be vulnerable, like at a bath house.

I loved how they opened the episode with the discussion of the rogue wave. "When the wind shifts, waves crash into each other from different directions" My first thought was Gyp was this rogue wave, his presence affected Nucky's business, Nucky and Rothstein's relationship, because of the impending war Rothstein is holding off the heroin deal with Luciano and Meyer, Margaret and Nucky's marriage, and now he's ruined Margaret's future. The rogue wave could just be in general.. when things change, everyone reacts differently and plans and people will run into each other and cause chaos.

I'll assume they're continuing to set up Chalky's role for next season as the club owner, I'll look forward to him being a constant presence in the show.

Gyp... yet again... being a mad man with his own brand of logic. His number 2 begged him "anything else but this" and rather than let his cousin drown with the incoming tide, he beat him to death with a shovel. He follows it it up with "you owe me" because in Gyp's insane mind, he did his guy a favor. Awesome.

Nucky knew as soon as he saw Margaret's reaction. That will be interesting to see the follow-up.

From the preview, it looks like a fantastic finish to the season. Gyp invades and Nucky has to go to the mattresses without Owen, and it would be great if he brought in Harrow to fill the role.

Last edited:
It's an interesting situation since it's a historical drama, but they're certainly free to take certain liberties, but if you know your organized crime history (or can use Wikipedia), you know how long people should be around.

I actually took an American History course in college on organized crime, but knowing how things end up hasn't ruined the show for me. I knew Owen wouldn't succeed, but it was still suspenseful when he showed up in the box.

i think the show is also loosely based on Enoch Johnson so the writers may go in a different direction with Nucky Thompson

I don't think anyone in Nucky's inner circle (Doyle or the agent) tipped off Luciano or Masseria.. we've been given no clues that there's a traitor. It was more simply Luciano saying Nucky is preparing a hit and reminded him of who Nucky would send, which would obviously be at least Owen. So Masseria and his bodyguard took precaution and knew when they'd be vulnerable, like at a bath house.

I loved how they opened the episode with the discussion of the rogue wave. "When the wind shifts, waves crash into each other from different directions" My first thought was Gyp was this rogue wave, his presence affected Nucky's business, Nucky and Rothstein's relationship, because of the impending war Rothstein is holding off the heroin deal with Luciano and Meyer, Margaret and Nucky's marriage, and now he's ruined Margaret's future. The rogue wave could just be in general.. when things change, everyone reacts differently and plans and people will run into each other and cause chaos.

I'll assume they're continuing to set up Chalky's role for next season as the club owner, I'll look forward to him being a constant presence in the show.

Gyp... yet again... being a mad man with his own brand of logic. His number 2 begged him "anything else but this" and rather than let his cousin drown with the incoming tide, he beat him to death with a shovel. He follows it it up with "you owe me" because in Gyp's insane mind, he did his guy a favor. Awesome.

Nucky knew as soon as he saw Margaret's reaction. That will be interesting to see the follow-up.

From the preview, it looks like a fantastic finish to the season. Gyp invades and Nucky has to go to the mattresses without Owen, and it would be great if he brought in Harrow to fill the role.

Gyp's insanity and his logic will be his downfall....

Chalky being the only African-American main character on the show will most definitely have a large role next season or the season after, the build up of the African-American dominance in Atlantic City can't be ignored in this show.

Stop. I'll be devastated. Worse than when Jimmy got offed, honestly.

nothing in the history of hbo was worse then Jimmy, that was rough.

i think
-luchiano tipped of masseria about nucky's intentions which led to Owen getting setup
-eli will be nuckys new muscle for now. i dont see richard workin for nucky

-thats crazy they did owen and shipped him back to nucky in the middle of the night in a box smh. that was raw :x :smh:

Back
Top Bottom