Boardwalk Empire Season 3 Thread - "Margate Sands" SEASON FINALE

Nucky not win the war? He's the main character in the show. He has to win until they end the show at least.

:wow:

Bodie?

Wallace?

Omar?

Randy's "what about me?" plea in the hallway?

Jimmy's death was :\

The Wire's death were :frown: :x >:

Bodie was a soilder, his time was always coming.

Wallace snitched, he was dealt with.

Omar was a stick-up kid, no surprise.

Jimmy's death was much worse. Jimmy brought so much to the table, not to mention the future could have been incredibly bright for him.

Harrow gets kicked out of the brothel next week when Gyp homeboy come to the house. He cares a lot about Tommy and will want to get him out of that environment, if he sees offing Gyp as a way to take away Gillian's control then maybe that goes down that way.

Last edited:
Jimmy was the real deal & was by far my favorite character but I do see the justification from the creator. Having Nucky kill him like that has completely changed how Nucky's been behaving & his train of thought this season. Jimmy warned him, you can't be a half gangster, shieeet.

Anyways, as gangsta as Gyp is, I can't wait to see how he dies, it's gonna be magnificent!

Jimmy was the real deal & was by far my favorite character but I do see the justification from the creator. Having Nucky kill him like that has completely changed how Nucky's been behaving & his train of thought this season. Jimmy warned him, you can't be a half gangster, shieeet.

Anyways, as gangsta as Gyp is, I can't wait to see how he dies, it's gonna be magnificent!

Im thinking Joe Pesci in Goodfellas style.

Gyp dies in a blaze of glory with guns in hand as the last man standing

OR

A quieter, one on one shootout with a worthy adversary (fingers crossed for Harrow)

OR

He gets killed by underestimating someone or having his guard down for a minute

Gyp dies in a blaze of glory with guns in hand as the last man standing

OR

A quieter, one on one shootout with a worthy adversary (fingers crossed for Harrow)

OR

He gets killed by underestimating someone or having his guard down for a minute

"You owe me."

Would be poetic if slim kills him but I doubt it happens

Sad to see Own go. R.I.P.
This dude Gyp is something else man. That was BRUTAL.
Nucky will regret brushing Chalky off.

:wow:

Bodie?

Wallace?

Omar?

Randy's "what about me?" plea in the hallway?

Jimmy's death was :\

The Wire's death were :frown: :x >:

Bodie was a soilder, his time was always coming.

Wallace snitched, he was dealt with.

Omar was a stick-up kid, no surprise.

Jimmy's death was much worse. Jimmy brought so much to the table, not to mention the future could have been incredibly bright for him.
If you gonna simplify like that:

Jimmy betrayed Nuck, his heart was never in it to be the main guy, I knew the only logical course would be him dying. Only thing that made me doubt that was when he switched back and made things right before bowing out.

I honestly did not see a bright future for him after the betrayal. There's no story in a widower that don't really want to be a gangster, his son, his war torn half a face friend, and incestuous mother on this show (a spinoff though? sure :lol: ). Before the betrayal, sky was the limit to the point that 2 more seasons and you might've been able to ignore Nuck.

Anyone have any thoughts on why owen told katie he would prove it to her at the alter? i can't decide if he's playing them both or if he's shutting her up to protect margaret

Owen told her that so that she would stop questioning him about about his relationship with Margret.

He might have just been keeping her as a backup. The situation with Margaret was a lot more complicated and she would have to Nucky in order for it to work. And who knows if she would be able to escape and if Nucky found her quickly. With Katie, they could just get married without any hassle. 

And with Jimmy.. his story was told. That's what kept me satisfied with his death and how they handled his story. Had they changed things and prolonged his betrayal a couple seasons, then they could have fit more story in.. but once that happened, it was a wrap. I applaud the show for killing off a major character so early. It's a bold move that could backfire if you don't have a great story the next season, and they had Gyp this season so they handled it well.

I loved the wire and all those deaths made me cringe but when Jimmy died I felt like I was right there, I actually muttered no out loud. **** was real.

I think it was pretty obvious Owen felt he needed to do something dramatic to get Katies mind off Margaret. The only reason I'd imagine Margaret seemed perfectly ok with him being with Katie is because cutting her off would make her jealous and cause her to snitch to Nuck which would not be good for both of them.

i'm still really upset about owens death. i really wanted him and margaret to continue their own story line. it's too late for her and nucky, she said that a while ago, and i don't think nucky is redeemable as a partner from this point. they followed van aldens story line into another city, i thought they might have done the same with owen and margaret. like even if nucky had found out after the fact and had someone hunting them down that would've been great as a story line, i didn't like seeing his abrupt death and margarets subsequent agony

Goota watch the Giants game, so Im watching BWE on demand manana.
Its going to be so hard to avoid this thread.

Let's get it poppin'!
pimp.gif

This is by far my favorite show of all time. Gyp is on the hunt. Hes not making it out of the season tho.

Back
Top Bottom